First Name
Margie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Very clever idea💡 Looks nice! I went with the tri-fold, but fashioned my own temporary bed custom liner from two thick yoga mats and double-sided tape...total $13.
Looks neat, staying put and so far working well. (Can post a pic if anyone's curious:unsure:).
I'll eventually replace with a "real" Maverick mat.

Rentman1225

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forde Maverick XLT LUX
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
@Motorjunkie, Just curious how you are likeing your homemade tonneau cover? I really like the idea.

OP
OP

Motorjunkie

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 vette, 71Fiat 850, 91 Mercedes 500SL, 2001 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
@Motorjunkie, Just curious how you are likeing your homemade tonneau cover? I really like the idea.
I really like it especially since my truck is white. Each 8 inch panel slides out of the aluminum u channel and can either store in the bed or behind the front seats. It comes out in about 2 minutes and does not pose any obstructions once removed. Again, it is not water tight but I suppose that could be dealt with if a guy had a desire. I got the vinyl fence panel at Home Depot, ordered the u channel on line, stuck it to the bed sides and rear of cab with 3m double stick tape and it took only three hours to construct. Thanks for your interest.

Rentman1225

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forde Maverick XLT LUX
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I really like it especially since my truck is white. Each 8 inch panel slides out of the aluminum u channel and can either store in the bed or behind the front seats. It comes out in about 2 minutes and does not pose any obstructions once removed. Again, it is not water tight but I suppose that could be dealt with if a guy had a desire. I got the vinyl fence panel at Home Depot, ordered the u channel on line, stuck it to the bed sides and rear of cab with 3m double stick tape and it took only three hours to construct. Thanks for your interest.

Thank you for your prompt response. I'm glad it is working out for you. I'm still waiting on a Maverick, but am seriously considering duplicating your design.

OP
OP

Motorjunkie

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 vette, 71Fiat 850, 91 Mercedes 500SL, 2001 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thank you for your prompt response. I'm glad it is working out for you. I'm still waiting on a Maverick, but am seriously considering duplicating your design.
Enjoy your new truck when it comes! If you look under the “work truck “ topic, you will see what mine did last week.
Sponsored