First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mazda 3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I chatted with someone at Hoel a week or 2 about making me a harness to add a sub. All seemed well, but my Maverick got pushed out to god knows when, so I didn't order it. Now I look on their site, she there is almost nothing there. Are they still making harnesses?
Sponsored

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat AWD, '22 Bronco OBX 2-Door
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I chatted with someone at Hoel a week or 2 about making me a harness to add a sub. All seemed well, but my Maverick got pushed out to god knows when, so I didn't order it. Now I look on their site, she there is almost nothing there. Are they still making harnesses?
Looks like there is a banner on their page explaining that they can't make harnesses now but expect to in a week, and it's dated 10/30/2022.

OP
OP

JerseyMike

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mazda 3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Oh whew. Scared me for a minute. Shows how much attention I pay to important announcements. Thanks!

Cruzer01

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Oh whew. Scared me for a minute. Shows how much attention I pay to important announcements. Thanks!
The harness makes adding a sub so much easier, well worth it!

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat AWD, '22 Bronco OBX 2-Door
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

The harness makes adding a sub so much easier, well worth it!
when people say Hoel or Plugnplaykits are expensive harnesses, I think that they have a point and if they're an expert installer they literally do not need it.

but for people like me who are not experts, and who value their own time, if a pre-built harness saves me an hour that's worth $50 to me. it's probably worth more to some, less to others (but I still think not $0). if the harness saves 2 hours it's $100. you also have the cost of the harness adapter you would use otherwise. PAC, Metra, Stinger, etc $20-50 is typical and you could get the wrong one.

Sponsored

OP
OP

JerseyMike

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mazda 3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm a sucker for clean installs and mods. This thing would make my sub install look factory, I would probably do a hack job without it lol.
when people say Hoel or Plugnplaykits are expensive harnesses, I think that they have a point and if they're an expert installer they literally do not need it.

but for people like me who are not experts, and who value their own time, if a pre-built harness saves me an hour that's worth $50 to me. it's probably worth more to some, less to others (but I still think not $0). if the harness saves 2 hours it's $100. you also have the cost of the harness adapter you would use otherwise. PAC, Metra, Stinger, etc $20-50 is typical and you could get the wrong one.
I'm a sucker for clean mods and installs. This thing would make my sub look factory. I'd probably do a hack job without it lol

Ron43

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford Maverick AWD ,XLT , FX4, Luxury package
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have a Hoel harness kit was $250 and worth every penny, I first started calling plugnplay the guy was kind of an asshole trying to sell me his Kicker harness when I’ve been in CarAudio longer then him and told him what I want. Not dissing Kicker but not in my ride. After that got in contact with Hoel and we emailed back and forth his questions made me feel like he knows what he’s doing and gave me a quote. Before this I would cut and splice the OE harness and it made me feel bad but had to. So I went with it and when I got it was more then I expected, he gave a print out on how to install it and a wire diagram that both I didn’t need but was very impressed.
Sponsored