First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep renegade desert hawk
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm very surprised... the first day I drove my Maverick, someone approached me at a gas station and commented on it (they had one on order). But since then, not a word or a long look from anyone, and I have not seen a single Maverick yet in my area! Mine must be invisible!
Is it Area 51? I heard that place didn’t really exist.

OP
OP

Edogg1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Any update on your heated seat project? How did you do the wiring and how do the aftermarket pads work?
On hold, Christmas is really getting in the way of stuff I wanna do!!
I’ll jump back into it soon.

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nobody asks me about mine, but I go to work, and home and it goes in the garage. I too am interested in your seat heater mod. After 12° weather in west Texas, I want these. Even if it's just for an "in case" that never happens.

Sponsored

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just passed my 1 year mark with my xl eco awd. I got it with a moonroof, soft trifold cover, 4k tow, and all weather mats.

I have been extremely satisfied with the truck overall. It’s the perfect truck for my lifestyle and work. It fits in my garage too!

Only a few minor complaints, but they are minor so not worth mentioning. My only real issue is with the infotainment system, it truly sucks! Delayed response, glitches, freezes….
I’ve learned to work with it.

Some things I’ve added in the past year:
12 volt plugs in the bed
DIY bed rails
Thule roof rack
Auto dimming home link rear view mirror
replaced speakers and added a small powered subwoofer
I’m in the process of installing heated seats. I have the pads in, just running the wiring now.

Next up, cruise control.

Really is a great truck, better with these pretty basic add ons.

519F09D6-BEA4-4AF2-9D6F-FABB694A0C8F.jpeg
62E8DEC7-0AF9-4269-AD44-37D3EDE715D5.jpeg
8EFD81B1-3D84-49B8-B2EA-6BB6F5CA736E.jpeg
9EEF6449-A267-4B84-8EF7-391A85404A79.jpeg
CAEE1911-2BA1-4AA2-BEBA-DEB7C57EE593.jpeg
7D1CF76F-21BC-4FEA-9CEB-6AED8AB74A8F.jpeg
3E41F7F9-5D62-4B90-BFDC-B520AAE55AEE.jpeg
BEE70128-4A2D-4938-AEF1-2E849AF1E810.jpeg
Thanks for sharing your updates! Love what you did, especially the auto dimming mirror with homelink. It’s the one thing I miss from my Subaru. Which one did you use, and is the wiring already present at the mirror mounting point? Thanks for your help, good luck with your truck!

OP
OP

Edogg1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks for sharing your updates! Love what you did, especially the auto dimming mirror with homelink. It’s the one thing I miss from my Subaru. Which one did you use, and is the wiring already present at the mirror mounting point? Thanks for your help, good luck with your truck!
I purchased the mirror from quirk parts in Massachusetts. There were a few threads about a year ago showing $20 mirrors for sale. A few different distributors had them, and sold out ultra quick. I was lucky to get mine for around $12. It was labeled for Kia but they are universal. I didn’t have to pay for shipping as I could pick it up. I’m not sure these cheap ones are available anymore.
the install took me about 20 minutes, spliced the power into the existing moonroof wiring since it shuts off when the key is off. Unfortunately I didn’t take any installation pictures, just the after. But I think there are others that did.
I’ll add the post I did when I finished the mirror.

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I purchased the mirror from quirk parts in Massachusetts. There were a few threads about a year ago showing $20 mirrors for sale. A few different distributors had them, and sold out ultra quick. I was lucky to get mine for around $12. It was labeled for Kia but they are universal. I didn’t have to pay for shipping as I could pick it up. I’m not sure these cheap ones are available anymore.
the install took me about 20 minutes, spliced the power into the existing moonroof wiring since it shuts off when the key is off. Unfortunately I didn’t take any installation pictures, just the after. But I think there are others that did.
I’ll add the post I did when I finished the mirror.
Thanks so much, look forward to the information.