First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
"Great news! Your 2022 Maverick XL has been built. We are performing some final inspections on your vehicle and getting it ready for shipment.

Our current estimate for delivery to Gary Yeomans Ford is between March 13, 2022 and March 19, 2022.

Undoubtedly, this is an exciting moment for you. We invite you to access a copy of your window label and check the status of your vehicle at any time by clicking the button below. We have included your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) for your reference..."

The bad news is...I might be out of town celebrating the Irish High Holy Day and I certainly don't want my Maverick sold out from underneath me in my absence. Any suggestions?
Sponsored

73bluebronco

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeremie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick, 1973 Bronco, 2017 Fiat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

"Great news! Your 2022 Maverick XL has been built. We are performing some final inspections on your vehicle and getting it ready for shipment.

Our current estimate for delivery to Gary Yeomans Ford is between March 13, 2022 and March 19, 2022.

Undoubtedly, this is an exciting moment for you. We invite you to access a copy of your window label and check the status of your vehicle at any time by clicking the button below. We have included your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) for your reference..."

The bad news is...I might be out of town celebrating the Irish High Holy Day and I certainly don't want my Maverick sold out from underneath me in my absence. Any suggestions?
If you have a buddy in town and he is trustworthy, you could do a temporary power of attorney for the transaction.

06Warrior

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Person
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' HD Road Glide, 22’ Sporster S
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Congrats. Waiting on mine to be built this week. Any way to skip the out of town celebration til’ next year?

Nomadikhan

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 Daytona Shelby Z, 07 Yaris, 22 Maverick AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If your dealer is trustworthy just stay in contact with them and explain you will be out of town but will return on X day. Give them the day you will be there and be there when you say. They are technically not supposed to sell out from under you unless you cancelled your order. Again, this all based on if your dealer is honest.

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
Chances your delivery date moves around are really good and it being delivered when the delivery email says it will are pretty slim.

Sponsored

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

you now have a VIN. Track your truck to make sure it is actually on the way in transit up until a day or so before you are scheduled to leave town. Assuming it is really going to be delivered and you will not for any reason walk away from it after seeing in person at dealer- go complete your purchase contract and actually buy it before you leave town. That way it is yours and nobody else can buy or sell it it out from underneath you.

bwayne

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150, 2008 Edge
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is this the same dealer that told a lady her truck was totaled in transit then sold it out from under her? If so, I would be sure to be there when the truck arrives if it was me.

catinthebathtub

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
haas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 GT 350, 60 VW, 34 pickup and porsches....
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wear green clothes that day, pick up your Maverick, stop somewhere for ham and cabbage dinner, stop and pick up a loaf of Irish soda bread, and go home to practice your Riverdance moves. Don’t take a chance not picking your truck up the minute the hauler arrives with that dealer.

jbpoole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Engine
Undecided
Is this the same dealer that told a lady her truck was totaled in transit then sold it out from under her? If so, I would be sure to be there when the truck arrives if it was me.
Yes, the infamous Gary Yeomans Ford - Daytona Beach. Check out the 500+ postings. The thread was initiated by GreenLady. Luckily, she found a replacement Maverick.

Sponsored

jbpoole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Engine
Undecided

I say we send a contingent of MTC members to Gary Yeomans Ford - Daytona Beach to stand guard over the Maverick until you arrive to pick it up. Might make for a festive news event. I'm sure the folks at the dealership would appreciate the media attention. Free advertising...

Last edited:

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I say we send a contingent of MTC members to Gary Yeomans Ford - Daytona Beach to stand guard over the Maverick until you arrive to pick it up. Might make it a festive news event. I'm sure the folks at the dealership would appreciate the media attention. Free advertising...
I heard the truck has been sent back to Ford. Too late!

Aherpa

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge, Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Do you have a signed customer order for the truck? Did you put a payment down on it? My dealer told me that Ford tracks customer orders and dealers get penalized if the names on the final sale and the customer order, do not match.

Let multiple people at the dealership know what your plans are. Also let them know, politely, that Ford tracks customer orders and the truck needs to be sold to the person who ordered it. If you can't pick it up right away, they might be glad to have it in the showroom for a bit, like my dealer is. He has had a Maverick in his showroom for weeks now waiting on a guy to pick it up.

You may be worrying about nothing because it may not be delivered during that time frame.

Good luck.

Last edited:

jbpoole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Engine
Undecided
Dot you have a signed customer order for the truck? Did you put a payment down on it? My dealer told me that Ford tracks customer orders and dealers get penalized if the names on the final sale and the customer order, do not match.

Let multiple people at the dealership know what your plans are. Also let them know, politely, that Ford tracks customer orders and the truck needs to be sold to the person who ordered it.

You may be worrying about nothing because it may not be delivered during that time frame.

Good luck.
What does "politely" have to do with it? I agree that she should let the salesman, sales manager, F&I guy and general manager know that she will not tolerate any unethical practices. They obviously thought that GreenLady was weak and gullible. Maybe they view Jenny the same way. She should "politely" pound on their desks.

Regardless of delivery date, she has reason to worry about getting the Maverick from Gary Yeomans Ford - Daytona Beach.

Yes, she will need the luck of Irish on this one.
Sponsored