Deva

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
l am about to pull the trigger on a 24 XL hybrid Mav.
I have been going back n forth between the XLT & XL. For *me* unless I for for the full Lux pkg the xlt does not make since.
plus I like the black/gray of the XL interior a lot over the XLT.

anyway with the $$ I am saving from going XLT I want to upgrade the wheels & tires. chances are I can wrap this up into my loan.

my goals are:
1. to give it a more rugged truck like appearance.
2. not reduce MPG that much. ( I know peeps will say this does not make since to get a hybrid then add bigger tires. but if it only cuts down a little on MPG I am ok with that. )

I live in the mountains and winter here is nov. -end of april.
my commute is over one of the steepest passes in the country, about 18 miles of turns and up to 10% grade.

In winter i'll have some nice studded snow tires or extreme winter rates tires.

anyway I need help deciding on wheels and tire size.

tires I am thinking 235/65/R17
wheels I am not sure would be nice to find some good quality not to expensive so I can get two sets. for summer and winter tires.

anyway would love to see what you guys have done for your XL wheel upgrades.
need some inspiration and "best" places to shop.

cheers!
Sponsored

Hunters Edge

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 crew
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Buy the XLT, it comes with cast aluminum wheels, remote mirrors, power lock that works the tailgate, flex bed, upgrade interior trim including an armrest in the backseat with cupholders. Also you have gained the resale value of the XLT over the XL down the road. If you want to upgrade to lux package that's up to you. This of course my opinion but take the time to read some of the threads on MTC. Many asking how to hook up tailgate to lock with FOB or how to add remote mirrors after their purchase. For the price if you take the price of what your going to pay for wheels it's a pretty affordable upgrade.

OP
OP

Deva

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Buy the XLT, it comes with cast aluminum wheels, remote mirrors, power lock that works the tailgate, flex bed, upgrade interior trim including an armrest in the backseat with cupholders. Also you have gained the resale value of the XLT over the XL down the road. If you want to upgrade to lux package that's up to you. This of course my opinion but take the time to read some of the threads on MTC. Many asking how to hook up tailgate to lock with FOB or how to add remote mirrors after their purchase. For the price if you take the price of what your going to pay for wheels it's a pretty affordable upgrade.
yes I have been going back in forth now for 2 days.
I really dont like the navy with orange and the white dash of the XLT.
the xl I am looking at have the 360 copiolt so electric mirrors.

looks like I can get wheels and tires for around 1200=1500 still cheaper than the XLT base and I get what I want.

Hunters Edge

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 crew
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
yes I have been going back in forth now for 2 days.
I really dont like the navy with orange and the white dash of the XLT.
the xl I am looking at have the 360 copiolt so electric mirrors.

looks like I can get wheels and tires for around 1200=1500 still cheaper than the XLT base and I get what I want.
2500 for XLT minus 1500 for the wheels the XLT trim is an additional 1000. For me again in my humble opinion the XLT is a better bargain for everything you gain. Best of luck with your truck.

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have been going back n forth between the XLT & XL. For *me* unless I for for the full Lux pkg the xlt does not make since.

anyway with the $$ I am saving from going XLT I want to upgrade the wheels & tires. chances are I can wrap this up into my loan.

my goals are:
2. not reduce MPG that much. ( I know peeps will say this does not make since to get a hybrid then add bigger tires. but if it only cuts down a little on MPG I am ok with that. )

my commute is over one of the steepest passes in the country, about 18 miles of turns and up to 10% grade.

wheels I am not sure would be nice to find some good quality not to expensive so I can get two sets. for summer and winter tires.

cheers!
Buy a set of stock OEM wheels from Maverick or Bronco Sport. Stick with OEM tire size is my suggestion. Use your steel wheels for the winter tires. Done.
Rugged truck appearance is overrated.

Sponsored

Noofis12

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Ford Maverick Help me pick wheels and tires please. Maverick#3

I have Falcon Wildpeak in the "Trail" version on my hybrid with light weight wheels. This set up is only 2-3 pounds more than the OEM 18s. They are 235/55/R19

JP4AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Hybrid MAV, 04 Dakota 4x4, 02 Lexus, 03 V-Rod +
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

my goals are:

cheers!
I have had both XL & XLT. (Currently have an XL Hybrid for sale in Marketplace). I have to say that I think the XL is a better deal and better looking interior. You can always find deals on wheels and tires. So far I have changed out my wheels and tires on all my Mavericks (and happen to have a set of XLT wheels & tires in my storage room). Go with the XL and do your modifications as you go. Good Luck!

Ford Maverick Help me pick wheels and tires please. 20240306_130155

Ford Maverick Help me pick wheels and tires please. 20240112_135008

Ford Maverick Help me pick wheels and tires please. 20230915_142342_resized_1

Ford Maverick Help me pick wheels and tires please. 20230628_143721_resized

Last edited:

DinoLord

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 XL EB AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
CP360 on XL includes power mirrors.
Power tailgate can be done for about $160 and 30 minutes of time.
If by Flexbed, you're talking about the cubbies - about $80 and 20 minutes.

All of that for about 1800 cheaper. XLT will probably lose more value(percentage) than XL...as with every other common vehicle.

To each their own.

DinoLord

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 XL EB AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
OP - there are 2 stickies in this subforum that have many, many wheel options to peruse. Good luck. It can be overwhelming.

Superg0

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 XLT FX4 Azure Grey
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

This says to me you need an Eco boost AWD

Sponsored

IHateSpeedbumps

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I am running 235/60/18 Nokian Outpost APTs on lightweight 18x8.5 Konig Heliograms. The whole set up is ~20lbs less than the factory BAP set up and the tires are still LLR and EV rated.
Ford Maverick Help me pick wheels and tires please. 20240213_174802
Ford Maverick Help me pick wheels and tires please. 20240309_102424

Dmat

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MAVERICK
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I remember looking at wheels recently. arent each one somewhere around 50 lbs between tire and rim. Its definitely harder to find weights on tires but rims are pretty well known. Not knowing your preferences, about the most I can recommend is using MR wheel deal. They are secondary business of Custom Offsets but they generally beat the prices of everybody else.

tom_tucker

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

my goals are:

cheers!
Based on 1 winter driving with Mich X-ICE on XL rims, studded sounds mandatory for you. Sounds like Powder Mtn. I got by in storms, but not easy to take off uphill from a stop. Honesty, not gripping right away was dangerous on one occasion, near the crest of a mtn.

I'm OEM tire in the summer, but I'd like to check out the CONTINENTAL CROSSCONTACT ATR's. Lightweight, more summer focused. Kinds works since I'm running 2 sets.

OP
OP

Deva

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
CP360 on XL includes power mirrors.
Power tailgate can be done for about $160 and 30 minutes of time.
If by Flexbed, you're talking about the cubbies - about $80 and 20 minutes.

All of that for about 1800 cheaper. XLT will probably lose more value(percentage) than XL...as with every other common vehicle.

To each their own.
I am 99% sure that's what I am gonna do. if I went XLT I would want to get the BAP + Lux
be nice to have the heated wheel and seat but I can live with out.

OP - there are 2 stickies in this subforum that have many, many wheel options to peruse. Good luck. It can be overwhelming.
thanks I'll look in to it. I did see one after I posted.

This says to me you need an Eco boost AWD
I thought about it, but I have been doing the commute the last 4 years in a FW drive scion XA
I would think the XL Mav. would be the same if not better. but it all comes down to the tires I guess.

I am running 235/60/18 Nokian Outpost APTs on lightweight 18x8.5 Konig Heliograms. The whole set up is ~20lbs less than the factory BAP set up and the tires are still LLR and EV rated.
20240213_174802.jpg
20240309_102424.jpg
this it the truck I am going for. down to the cover, what % did you tint the drivers window?
is that a tonneau cover or riugh country? how do you like it?

those wheels look great. are they a copper color or more gold IRL?
running tho wheels and tires did you notice a MPG change?

IHateSpeedbumps

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

this it the truck I am going for. down to the cover, what % did you tint the drivers window?
is that a tonneau cover or riugh country? how do you like it?

those wheels look great. are they a copper color or more gold IRL?
running tho wheels and tires did you notice a MPG change?
It is 30% I think.
The tonneau is the Ford tri fold hard one which is a rebrand of the Bakflip MX4.
The wheels are bronze. I didn't notice a change in mileage.
Sponsored