Sponsored

Has anyone locked in interest rates before delivery?

Younglefthander

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat, 22 Bronco Sport Big Ben
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
On Tim Bartz live session this past Tuesday (11/09) there was a question about locking in interest rates before you take delivery.
There was mentioned of being able to lock in rates within 30 days of delivery and I believe Tim said you could lock in rates before that even if you have a VIN number regardless.
I myself do have a vin number but will probably not see my Maverick till late January or more than 30 days from now. I called the finance mgr. at dealership and ask if I could and was told no, not until vehicle arrives. So, I'm wondering if anyone here has locked in rates before taking delivery.
Note: When I spoke to the finance mgr. I did not bring up the video by Tim. I've mentioned in the past to my salesman about some of Tim's video's and got the vibe of "don't tell me how to do my job" without saying don't tell me how to do my job. So I didn't want to say anything now. I would like to research first before going back and ask again. Tim said that a dealership should know how to do this.
Thanks in advance for any responses.
Sponsored

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
On Tim Bartz live session this past Tuesday (11/09) there was a question about locking in interest rates before you take delivery.
There was mentioned of being able to lock in rates within 30 days of delivery and I believe Tim said you could lock in rates before that even if you have a VIN number regardless.
I myself do have a vin number but will probably not see my Maverick till late January or more than 30 days from now. I called the finance mgr. at dealership and ask if I could and was told no, not until vehicle arrives. So, I'm wondering if anyone here has locked in rates before taking delivery.
Note: When I spoke to the finance mgr. I did not bring up the video by Tim. I've mentioned in the past to my salesman about some of Tim's video's and got the vibe of "don't tell me how to do my job" without saying don't tell me how to do my job. So I didn't want to say anything now. I would like to research first before going back and ask again. Tim said that a dealership should know how to do this.
Thanks in advance for any responses.
I tried, but my dealer wouldn’t do it until the truck shipped. I think they have a lot of flexibility.

Harleystreetbob

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
harley electra glide maverick hybrid xlt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mine was locked in this past September,but from what i can understand if delivery takes longer than four months they may need to run credit check again.

BILLNOROVILLE

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
prius, Hybrid XLT, Honda 1100Rebel, 2) Hawk 650NT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I locked in 1.9 percent about a week after putting 500 down. Salesman also said that if something better was offered at delivery, I could get that too. After locking it down, he gave me a vin and 11/8 (which he now says there is a lot of moving around) so his last look said making it on 11/22. I did ask "still at msrp"? He said "yes".

My reason for locking it in was for said 1.9 would end 10/4 so I asked before expiration and got it. I also wanted to confirm that I am buying the truck and not changing my mind guaranteed. I want the XLT hybrid. I am waiting like lots of other people here. Find it harder and harder to keep reading post that sound like bitching. Limit which posts I read more and more.
Sponsored