2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I was in Harrisburg PA today for some business and decide to go on Fords website and check to see if there were any local dealers that had a Maverick in stock so I can look at one in detail and maybe take a test drive. Well I hit it lucky today!!

A dealer had a XLT Eco that had AWD, Tow, FX4, and Lux package in blue in stock. So I went to the dealer and was able to test drive it!

I only went around 8 miles because the dealer didn’t want to put miles on it but I didn’t care, the drive was amazing and very smooth. I am a big guy 6’3 290lbs and I fit in it great and had a ton of room. Also had no issues getting in and out. with the seat adjusted down I had about 4’ of headroom which was a major concern of mine.

TBH I thought about buying it but are charging a 8k Markup and I said F*** that. They want 41k for a 2022 XLT 2.0 Eco

I been holding out to sit inside and test drive the maverick so I never ordered a 2022 model because of that, now that I was able to drive one I plan on ordering one as soon as the ordering banks open up!
Sponsored

ITSATRUCK

First Name
TIM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MAVERICK
Nice. My first Maverick drive will be with the one I ordered. I did get to sit in one but not drive as a customer purchased it already.

Allblkcoffee

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford focus
Nice, I'm 6'2" and was in the same boat. Still can't find a test drive however I've already came to the realization my first test drive will be when I order a my23.

volksnuts

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

When I was pondering ordering a Maverick my dealer just had me sit in a Bronco Sport
They explained what was the same and what was different
I was mainly concerned with the interior space
Did no one mention this?
Plus with the refundable deposit there really wasn’t any risk in ordering and walking away if it wasn’t what I wanted

I am surprised at the number of people that wanted one but held out on ordering

mr mojo risen

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2020 VW Passat, 2015 Nissan Sentra
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was in Harrisburg PA today for some business and decide to go on Fords website and check to see if there were any local dealers that had a Maverick in stock so I can look at one in detail and maybe take a test drive. Well I hit it lucky today!!

A dealer had a XLT Eco that had AWD, Tow, FX4, and Lux package in blue in stock. So I went to the dealer and was able to test drive it!

I only went around 8 miles because the dealer didn’t want to put miles on it but I didn’t care, the drive was amazing and very smooth. I am a big guy 6’3 290lbs and I fit in it great and had a ton of room. Also had no issues getting in and out. with the seat adjusted down I had about 4’ of headroom which was a major concern of mine.

TBH I thought about buying it but are charging a 8k Markup and I said F*** that. They want 41k for a 2022 XLT 2.0 Eco

I been holding out to sit inside and test drive the maverick so I never ordered a 2022 model because of that, now that I was able to drive one I plan on ordering one as soon as the ordering banks open up!
Good for you for not making an impulse buy and grossly overpaying. The Maverick is a great truck for those who need it, but even a Maverick is not worth $8,000 over MSRP. I missed the chance to order a MY 22 by a few weeks, and I realized if I waited to order a MY 23, it could be a year before I got it.

l bought mine two months ago at a dealer 180 miles away after a customer declined their order. I paid $4000 over MSRP; they had a $10k markup over MSRP on a supplementary sticker.

My 94 Ranger was falling apart and I strongly believed the Maverick was the best fit. I was able to test drive the Maverick that I bought and a 2022 Ranger they had on the lot. I’m happy things worked for me to get a new truck when I needed it.

I certainly didn’t like paying over MSRP but it was a deal I could live with under the circumstances.

Good luck getting your new Maverick…. I’m confident you’ll love it.

Sponsored

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I hadn't even seen one before ordering July 14th. While waiting the 8.5 months for mine I test drove two.
The first was an XL Eco.

The month before mine was built I got lucky, and my dealer got my exact build down to the color in and the customer cancelled.
It was a Velocity Blue Lariat Luxury Hybrid that I test drove and it solidified my decision to purchase my ordered Maverick. They wanted 7k more than my mine, not knowing I already had one on order. I said thanks, I'll think about it. Got mine a month later when it showed up for MSRP-Farm Bureau Rebate.

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nice. My first Maverick drive will be with the one I ordered. I did get to sit in one but not drive as a customer purchased it already.
Me too. First drive will be my own.

Hoagus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 Ranger, ‘22 Mav XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My first test drive was when my truck arrived at the dealership. It was very nice, so I bought it. We did the same with our RAV4 a few years ago, and it’s been very nice, too. There are so many reviews online these days, you can get a good feel for them without even touchin.

lagrene

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Milton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Good for you for not making an impulse buy and grossly overpaying. The Maverick is a great truck for those who need it, but even a Maverick is not worth $8,000 over MSRP. I missed the chance to order a MY 22 by a few weeks, and I realized if I waited to order a MY 23, it could be a year before I got it.

l bought mine two months ago at a dealer 180 miles away after a customer declined their order. I paid $4000 over MSRP; they had a $10k markup over MSRP on a supplementary sticker.

My 94 Ranger was falling apart and I strongly believed the Maverick was the best fit. I was able to test drive the Maverick that I bought and a 2022 Ranger they had on the lot. I’m happy things worked for me to get a new truck when I needed it.

I certainly didn’t like paying over MSRP but it was a deal I could live with under the circumstances.

Good luck getting your new Maverick…. I’m confident you’ll love it.
I ordered on Aug.2 and immediately got a confirmation. No build date or anything yet! Makes me wonder if I'll get my '22 a few days before others get their '23s!

Paulyz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.churchbelltoweradventure-suspense.com
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

I waited to order my Maverick EB XLT AWD with towing package late because I wanted to test drive one first as well. It was a very smooth ride & very comfortable. I also waited to see what travel trailers would be good to tow with 4000 lb. Towing package. My dealer had an Alto Blue EB with AWD. I ordered Carbonized Gray metallic XLT. Can't wait to get it!

Sponsored

New2AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX Hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Exact same for me. Sat in bare-bones Mav around September last year (after already ordering mine) and did not drive one until mine showed up at the dealer. Just being able to see it and sit in it was all I needed to confirm that this would be a great vehicle to own.

Chawman

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge 2018 Ford Escape 2014
I am also 6’3” 265lbs I just went over 1100 miles in mine and I love it even more than my first ride I’m currently sitting at 53 MPG way past my expectations. I’m comfortable the noise level is excellent and it’s a smoother ride than my Edge was. Plus the sound system is ridiculous I love music and I got the upgraded radio, blasting tunes, moon roof open I feel like a kid again.

bradFORD

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ordered the Mav sight unseen, Delivered & didn't even test drive it before purchase, and Loving it after 2,000 miles.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Welcome to the club! I ordered mine after I first got the chance to drool on the window of a locked XLT at our local dealer!

RebellaE

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, Lux, 360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Same here.
Sponsored