First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The struggle is real. Paradise can be a harsh place. People think Oahu prices are bad. :ROFLMAO: A vehicle takes a $600 barge ride to get from Oahu to Maui and they rarely come here first. I can only imagine what Kauai prices are.

Just check out this sweet deal on a 80s toyota with 100,000 miles!
https://honolulu.craigslist.org/oah/cto/d/honolulu-1985-toyota-pickup-sr5-4x4/7432993516.html
Yeah, definitely. If they're crying about the price on a truck, can't imagine if they walked into Foodland or Times. I bet their brains would melt if they saw prices in Costco's or Sam's! Then there's the inter-island premium you're mentioning. But I'm pretty sure the guys complaining ain't loading surfboards on their bed racks.
Sponsored

KimTexas

First Name
Berly Ann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid - 🌵 Grey
CONGRATULATIONS..ADM sucks but if you're happy thats ALL that matters! Enjoy your new truck, My hybrid is awesome

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Yeah, definitely. If they're crying about the price on a truck, can't imagine if they walked into Foodland or Times. I bet their brains would melt if they saw prices in Costco's or Sam's! Then there's the inter-island premium you're mentioning. But I'm pretty sure the guys complaining ain't loading surfboards on their bed racks.
$12 gal of milk $6+ ford bread. You litearlly have to go to multiple groceries to get all of your items on sale because nobody who works hourly can afford full price all the time.

OP
OP
Maverick 808

Maverick 808

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
CONGRATULATIONS..ADM sucks but if you're happy thats ALL that matters! Enjoy your new truck, My hybrid is awesome
thank you! I’ve enjoyed the first full day. Went to work, got home and headed of to Home Depot to pick up a few bags of gardening soil for my raised bed. Way easier to lift the bags into that bed than in my other truck (a titan). Can’t wait to schedule an appointment to spray the bed so I can start loading in the rough stuff!

OP
OP
Maverick 808

Maverick 808

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
$12 gal of milk $6+ ford bread. You litearlly have to go to multiple groceries to get all of your items on sale because nobody who works hourly can afford full price all the time.
Preach! 👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽 I gotta go Costco and Sams tomorrow to stock up. Good chance to bless the mav. 😁

Sponsored

KimTexas

First Name
Berly Ann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid - 🌵 Grey
thank you! I’ve enjoyed the first full day. Went to work, got home and headed of to Home Depot to pick up a few bags of gardening soil for my raised bed. Way easier to lift the bags into that bed than in my other truck (a titan). Can’t wait to schedule an appointment to spray the bed so I can start loading in the rough stuff!
My liner is getting sprayed on the 24th and the tonneau arrives the following week. I have tailgate assist and letters to install still and I'm tinting the front windows to match the rear and putting a strip across the windshield. Window vents have been ordered too. I really love my truck and feel more comfortable in it than the 2021 Ranger I drove for a year and traded out of for my Maverick
Enjoy

Enchalada

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Compass
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

OP
OP
Maverick 808

Maverick 808

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hows the truck so far?
Been good! Coming from a Titan and a Sedona, it was too easy to park at Sam's in Pearl City. Did our normal shopping and loaded up the bed. It'll be even better once I get the tonneau on so I don't have to worry too much about rain and people taking stuff out. Funny story is I had 3 people stop by to chat while I was loading my groceries. One guy put in his order in August so he's really excited because he also ordered a Lariat (but with a few more bells and whistles) sight unseen and that was his first time seeing one up close.

Actually, once yours comes in get ready for a lot of people wanting to check it out. I don't think I've had a day yet that I didn't get stopped and asked questions. I even got stopped at work and I work on Makalapa!

OP
OP
Maverick 808

Maverick 808

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My liner is getting sprayed on the 24th and the tonneau arrives the following week. I have tailgate assist and letters to install still and I'm tinting the front windows to match the rear and putting a strip across the windshield. Window vents have been ordered too. I really love my truck and feel more comfortable in it than the 2021 Ranger I drove for a year and traded out of for my Maverick
Enjoy
Happy for you! I just scheduled my spray for the 26th. I'm probably going to order the tonneau when I drop it off cause the shop where I'm going closes early and isn't open on the weekends (COVID sucks!) so I haven't had a chance to look through their catalog. I think they do tint too so I'm probably going to follow your lead and match the tint. My only debate now is whether to cover the seats or not. They're great so I don't want to get sand and sea water on them.

I'm also loving this thing as well. I split driving duties between a Nissan Titan and a Kia Sedona and both drive like boats (the Kia more so than the Nissan lol) while eating gas like a tank. I just hit the 3/4 mark yesterday after 240 miles. I would have had to fill the tank by now in the other two. Only gripe so far is that the bluetooth drops it's connection to my phone a lot. I just plug it in now but I've forgotten to do that a time or two and my music will just stop and I can't get it to connect again until I restart the pickup.

jc888888888

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat eco boost, Mustang Mach E , Porsche Boxster
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yeah... I had to take a walk around the dealership before I plunked down the deposit. But I realized I couldn't wait the 6+ months (since we don't really know when they'll open up to orders again on the hybrid) and just bit the bullet. I guess it's a bit of karma because I bought a '20 F-150 and then sold it back the next year for a profit. Yep, I got back all that I paid into it and walked away with $200 cash lol
OP , your happy !! WTF 8k is just 8k . 6 months NADA it would be more 10 or 12 before you saw a hybrid
Congratulations on getting the Maverick. The 8K is eye opening but not terrible for what the average dealer is adding for ADM for stock units near me. I would only suggest either buying the one you ordered when it comes in to sell it to recover some of the 8K or ask the dealership to give you back some of the ADM on the one you ordered. I know this is unlikely, but they wouldn't have the future stock vehicle to sell if YOU hadn't placed the order. Even if they just comped you some accessories or service, it would be better than nothing. And soften the 8K. Just my two cents, but I am jealous you have your new Maverick.
Yep get them to give you some service credit to relinquish your order!

Sponsored

Oddzball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 2022 XL
OP , your happy !! WTF 8k is just 8k . 6 months NADA it would be more 10 or 12 before you saw a hybrid

Yep get them to give you some service credit to relinquish your order!
I actually feel better about jumping in December and paying like 3kish markup now considering what its going for NOW.

Enchalada

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Compass
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Been good! Coming from a Titan and a Sedona, it was too easy to park at Sam's in Pearl City. Did our normal shopping and loaded up the bed. It'll be even better once I get the tonneau on so I don't have to worry too much about rain and people taking stuff out. Funny story is I had 3 people stop by to chat while I was loading my groceries. One guy put in his order in August so he's really excited because he also ordered a Lariat (but with a few more bells and whistles) sight unseen and that was his first time seeing one up close.

Actually, once yours comes in get ready for a lot of people wanting to check it out. I don't think I've had a day yet that I didn't get stopped and asked questions. I even got stopped at work and I work on Makalapa!
I am guilty of being one of those inquisitive people! When I saw the first one in Ewa, I was stoked to see the owner and chat with him. So you're Navy (makalapa)? Hopefully I get an email soon about my build, I cant wait!

Last edited:

KimTexas

First Name
Berly Ann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid - 🌵 Grey
Happy for you! I just scheduled my spray for the 26th. I'm probably going to order the tonneau when I drop it off cause the shop where I'm going closes early and isn't open on the weekends (COVID sucks!) so I haven't had a chance to look through their catalog. I think they do tint too so I'm probably going to follow your lead and match the tint. My only debate now is whether to cover the seats or not. They're great so I don't want to get sand and sea water on them.

I'm also loving this thing as well. I split driving duties between a Nissan Titan and a Kia Sedona and both drive like boats (the Kia more so than the Nissan lol) while eating gas like a tank. I just hit the 3/4 mark yesterday after 240 miles. I would have had to fill the tank by now in the other two. Only gripe so far is that the bluetooth drops it's connection to my phone a lot. I just plug it in now but I've forgotten to do that a time or two and my music will just stop and I can't get it to connect again until I restart the pickup.
They have some really nice seat covers you shouldn't have any problems finding something that looks nice. I have the Lariat trim so my seats aren't cloth. I haven't had any problems with my Bluetooth. Interesting, and I did not know this until last week, I have play lists on Pandora, IHeart and Spotify...I can stream and play music from those lists not wired, crazy! I ordered a wireless charging mat and installed it when I got my truck, it connects within 5 seconds to charge. I'm going to run the wire to the back charging port because I have that wireless dongle ordered for android auto...where I can run maps & everything else wirelessly

Bootoyz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Oxford White Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think it was the dealer who got lucky. But as long as your happy.....

OP
OP
Maverick 808

Maverick 808

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am guilty of being one of those inquisitive people! When I saw the first one in Ewa, I was stoked to see the owner and chat with him. So you're Navy (makalapa)? Hopefully I get an email soon about my build, I cant wait!
Not AD, just a dirty contractor. 😁. Was it a black Maverick? I saw one there yesterday as I was headed to City Mill.
Sponsored