First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'd placed an order for a Maverick last weekend so when I got a call from my salesman today, I thought that maybe he had a question or something. Turns out someone had backed out of their order and he was asking if I wanted to take it. Sure will I told him. Just got home with my Area 51 Lariat Maverick. Wasn't planning on getting that trim level, but I decided to pay the extra cash rather than wait for my order. Haven't had any time to do anything other than drive it home so looks like I'll be having fun checking out the pickup tomorrow at work lol
Sponsored

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'd placed an order for a Maverick last weekend so when I got a call from my salesman today, I thought that maybe he had a question or something. Turns out someone had backed out of their order and he was asking if I wanted to take it. Sure will I told him. Just got home with my Area 51 Lariat Maverick. Wasn't planning on getting that trim level, but I decided to pay the extra cash rather than wait for my order. Haven't had any time to do anything other than drive it home so looks like I'll be having fun checking out the pickup tomorrow at work lol
Hopefully you don't get nailed with ADM, good luck!

LadyMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
SJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Good luck, enjoy your truck! 🛻

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Exciting! There are some pluses to the Lariat that you will enjoy.

WannaMav

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Congratulations.

Except for being in Hawaii (waves 🤙) would say do not pass Go, do not collect $200, run out and buy a Powerball ticket. Stat. 😁

Sponsored

OP
OP
Maverick 808

Maverick 808

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hopefully you don't get nailed with ADM, good luck!
Well, since I wasn't the one who ordered it and was basically buying it off the lot, I got hit with the full monty. I asked my salesman if there was wiggle room and he said that they had 3 people scheduled to come take a look at it in the morning (I had just squeezed in before they closed) and that was just out of the 10 people they had called back that day. So he pretty much said it was take it or leave it. :( Not too bad though, I think I only paid $8k over what the delivery price was projected on the build my maverick site.

OP
OP
Maverick 808

Maverick 808

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Good luck, enjoy your truck! 🛻
Thank you! Just drove it to work this morning. Trip said it was 24 miles, 17.5 on gas and 6.5 on hybrid. Coasted along at 60-65 the whole way. Can't wait to see what the gas milege looks like overall when I finally gas up!

OP
OP
Maverick 808

Maverick 808

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Congratulations.

Except for being in Hawaii (waves 🤙) would say do not pass Go, do not collect $200, run out and buy a Powerball ticket. Stat. 😁
Time to book my flight to Vegas!!!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Maverick 808

Maverick 808

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
8KKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah... I had to take a walk around the dealership before I plunked down the deposit. But I realized I couldn't wait the 6+ months (since we don't really know when they'll open up to orders again on the hybrid) and just bit the bullet. I guess it's a bit of karma because I bought a '20 F-150 and then sold it back the next year for a profit. Yep, I got back all that I paid into it and walked away with $200 cash lol

Twixel Jackson

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yeah... I had to take a walk around the dealership before I plunked down the deposit. But I realized I couldn't wait the 6+ months (since we don't really know when they'll open up to orders again on the hybrid) and just bit the bullet. I guess it's a bit of karma because I bought a '20 F-150 and then sold it back the next year for a profit. Yep, I got back all that I paid into it and walked away with $200 cash lol
Congratulations on getting the Maverick. The 8K is eye opening but not terrible for what the average dealer is adding for ADM for stock units near me. I would only suggest either buying the one you ordered when it comes in to sell it to recover some of the 8K or ask the dealership to give you back some of the ADM on the one you ordered. I know this is unlikely, but they wouldn't have the future stock vehicle to sell if YOU hadn't placed the order. Even if they just comped you some accessories or service, it would be better than nothing. And soften the 8K. Just my two cents, but I am jealous you have your new Maverick.

OP
OP
Maverick 808

Maverick 808

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Congratulations on getting the Maverick. The 8K is eye opening but not terrible for what the average dealer is adding for ADM for stock units near me. I would only suggest either buying the one you ordered when it comes in to sell it to recover some of the 8K or ask the dealership to give you back some of the ADM on the one you ordered. I know this is unlikely, but they wouldn't have the future stock vehicle to sell if YOU hadn't placed the order. Even if they just comped you some accessories or service, it would be better than nothing. And soften the 8K. Just my two cents, but I am jealous you have your new Maverick.
Huh, that's a good idea. I know my sales guy had mentioned that they were going to keep my order going and that I just had to cancel it when it came in. That's a good idea about just taking it and reselling it though.
Sponsored