Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No My name is Rory
My dealer claims they never heard of the Maverick Truck club. When I asked to look up my finance rates in smart Vincent they asked if I worked in a dealership. They did not mess with me.

es7129

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
First thing your dealership should be doing today is fixing that priority code. As a rollover Ford asked for these to be placed at 10.
Contact Ford Marketing. Explain again what happened and ask to speak with a manager.
From the dealership side as to speak to the sales manager and escalate up the ladder.
Ask for copies of your DORAs if you have them.
Ask for CVOP receipts.
If you’re not being offered the private offers your order may not have been COVP’d.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered an Ecoboost XLT on 12/08/21 which never got built . I had to contact my dealer and urge them in September to roll over my order as they kept telling me it would be built . Finally got the order in with same order number as last year but with a priority code of 19 but no private offer . My dealer told me as a roll over order I would get built before new orders and priority did not matter . I never received a private offer and dealer told me I would only get that when a vin was generated. Contacted Ford marketing who told me the order was now coded with a new number number and I would never get a private offer and I needed to work with my dealer . Dealer says ford marketing is wrong . Just called Ford Marketing and now they cannot even confirm if the order is wrong and cannot give any guidance on how to fix . My dealer general manger won’t look at it as they have enough customers waiting in line to take over my order
At this rate I will be waiting another year and lose out on the private offer . I am close to calling it quits and buying something else
As a loyal ford ford customer I am very disappointed and this has changed my opinion of Ford
Any guidance on what I can do next ?
I ordered my XL ECOboost on Dec 15, 2021 and just received 3 weeks ago. It was built October 6th. Only option was 4k Tow package. Do you actually ever go to your dealership and talk with them to go over stuff- or just contact remotely? I sat with my dealer every other week or so and reviewed progress and everything they told me ended up being correct in the end. Sorry you aren't having same experience.

I do wonder why you jumped the gun and ordered again in Sept? Did you have a VIN at that time? Did Ford sent you email confirming you would NOT get built as a MY2022? I don't remember every single word written on here about that roll over process, but IIRC, the dealer needed to CANCEL your existing order as a MY2022 and re-enter the details as a MY2023 with a little different process? You said Ford Customer Service tells you they see both orders- so that would indicate the dealership didn't cancel your MY2022 order after all, right? And the new order is coded with a different number? I seem to remember it being known that people would NOT get the private offer if they just kept their existing order and then making a new order for a MY2023. I can't say for certain, but that is what it sounds like happened to you...

In your case I would make a personal visit to your dealer and get to the bottom of it. I would NOT under any circumstances say the word CANCEL to the dealer regarding your Maverick orders- just hold their feet to the fire and tell them you expect them to fix the problem they caused and keep you updated on progress. In the meantime, I would start shopping for something else like you said. If you never do receive a Maverick through your dealer, you got your new ride already. However, if you DO eventually receive the Maverick, now you would have a nice trade in to offer up.

Sponsored

es7129

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered my XL ECOboost on Dec 15, 2021 and just received 3 weeks ago. It was built October 6th. Only option was 4k Tow package. Do you actually ever go to your dealership and talk with them to go over stuff- or just contact remotely? I sat with my dealer every other week or so and reviewed progress and everything they told me ended up being correct in the end. Sorry you aren't having same experience.

I do wonder why you jumped the gun and ordered again in Sept? Did you have a VIN at that time? Did Ford sent you email confirming you would NOT get built as a MY2022? I don't remember every single word written on here about that roll over process, but IIRC, the dealer needed to CANCEL your existing order as a MY2022 and re-enter the details as a MY2023 with a little different process? You said Ford Customer Service tells you they see both orders- so that would indicate the dealership didn't cancel your MY2022 order after all, right? And the new order is coded with a different number? I seem to remember it being known that people would NOT get the private offer if they just kept their existing order and then making a new order for a MY2023. I can't say for certain, but that is what it sounds like happened to you...

In your case I would make a personal visit to your dealer and get to the bottom of it. I would NOT under any circumstances say the word CANCEL to the dealer regarding your Maverick orders- just hold their feet to the fire and tell them you expect them to fix the problem they caused and keep you updated on progress. In the meantime, I would start shopping for something else like you said. If you never do receive a Maverick through your dealer, you got your new ride already. However, if you DO eventually receive the Maverick, now you would have a nice trade in to offer up.
If the dealership cancels the MY22 and then orders the MY23 they lose eligibility for the private offer.

TheSEARCH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Shocked the OP lasted even this long. I would be with zero hope of every getting one if I waited that long .

Bodageta

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
RICHARD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Chevrolet K1500, 1989 Corvette Conv
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yup back in 2021 and for the new order
Both showed up when it called ford marketing
Mine showed up when calling Ford marketing too for 6 months then month 7 ford marketing had no record it had ever had an order placed. I was never able to get it resolved. I’m still PO’d and have no private offer for a MY23 either. Ford nor my dealer seem to care at all.

OP
OP

alquay99

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

I learned on the forum I needed to put in a new order and lucky I did as order banks closed

OP
OP

alquay99

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They will be getting some dealer stock Eco's, talk to them about getting one at MSRP. If you dont need a truck a Subaru Crosstrek Sport is a great little vehicle.
Yup my son is suggesting the Subaru Crosstrek

Sponsored

Dale Ducheneaux

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered 2023 Maverick XLT 9/16/22
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered an Eco boost XLT on 12/08/21 which never got built. I had to contact my dealer and urge them in September to roll over my order as they kept telling me it would be built. Finally got the order in with same order number as last year but with a priority code of 19 but no private offer. My dealer told me as a roll over order I would get built before new orders and priority did not matter. I never received a private offer and dealer told me I would only get that when a vin was generated. Contacted Ford marketing who told me the order was now coded with a new number and I would never get a private offer and I needed to work with my dealer.
At this rate I will be waiting another year and lose out on the private offer. I am close to calling it quits and buying something else. As a loyal ford customer, I am very disappointed, and this has changed my opinion of Ford Any guidance on what I can do next?

Just got off a round of calls with Ford Marketing after being transferred around with conflicting stories
Story 1 : Your new order is not coded as a rollover, and you will never get a private offer - Work with your dealer
Story 2: There were no rollover for any Mavericks, and all are coded as new orders. Private offers are randomly generated, and you seem to be out of luck. Work with you dealer to see if they will give you a private offer - but sorry you seem to be one of the unfortunates so suck it up
Story 3: Then my dealer is telling all is good don't worry the Ford Marketing folks are clueless - your private offer will be generated when you get a VIN and priority 19 is what all rollover orders get per the Ford Rep
UPDATE
Went into my dealer and they changed priority to 10 and sent an email to Ford rep as private offer should not depend on vin but there were some orders that had issues and rep is telling them we have to wait for vin number. Back to waiting … with some hope restored
I have always been a GM guy because Fords always sucked at gas mileage. When they finally have a truck with low gas milage you can't buy it.

Pickles

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia rio, kia sorento
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered an Eco boost XLT on 12/08/21 which never got built. I had to contact my dealer and urge them in September to roll over my order as they kept telling me it would be built. Finally got the order in with same order number as last year but with a priority code of 19 but no private offer. My dealer told me as a roll over order I would get built before new orders and priority did not matter. I never received a private offer and dealer told me I would only get that when a vin was generated. Contacted Ford marketing who told me the order was now coded with a new number and I would never get a private offer and I needed to work with my dealer.
At this rate I will be waiting another year and lose out on the private offer. I am close to calling it quits and buying something else. As a loyal ford customer, I am very disappointed, and this has changed my opinion of Ford Any guidance on what I can do next?

Just got off a round of calls with Ford Marketing after being transferred around with conflicting stories
Story 1 : Your new order is not coded as a rollover, and you will never get a private offer - Work with your dealer
Story 2: There were no rollover for any Mavericks, and all are coded as new orders. Private offers are randomly generated, and you seem to be out of luck. Work with you dealer to see if they will give you a private offer - but sorry you seem to be one of the unfortunates so suck it up
Story 3: Then my dealer is telling all is good don't worry the Ford Marketing folks are clueless - your private offer will be generated when you get a VIN and priority 19 is what all rollover orders get per the Ford Rep
UPDATE
Went into my dealer and they changed priority to 10 and sent an email to Ford rep as private offer should not depend on vin but there were some orders that had issues and rep is telling them we have to wait for vin number. Back to waiting … with some hope restored
My gosh. I see from the note you just updated this so you still haven’t gotten your truck. Whats your full order? You mut be the last remaining eco from 21 ive seen