First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am over 60 and I am tired of black seats. I am looking forward to having some colors other than black in my Maverick!
Sponsored

F1PRB22GA

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The interior on the XLT is very much non-traditional ...
... I like the fun color options. They're conversation starters ..
Well if I was non-traditional, or wanted something "fun" or wanted a conversation starter ...

I would have perhaps selected a Cyber Orange exterior instead of a Grey (Cactus), but that's just me.

Especially since only 3% of truck colors are these:
  • Remaining colors – gold, brown, beige, orange, yellow and green – about 3 percent.

cucumber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Subaru Outback
Well if I was non-traditional, or wanted something "fun" or wanted a conversation starter ...

I would have perhaps selected a Cyber Orange exterior instead of a Gray (Cactus), but that's just me.

Especially since only 3% of truck colors are these:
  • Remaining colors – gold, brown, beige, orange, yellow and green – about 3 percent.
I'd argue that the Cactus Grey exterior color is definitely non-traditional, in my opinion. It's not quite grey, but rather greyish-green, and the color tends to change based on the light you view it in. It's a color that I've never seen on the road before, and I don't think I'll have any trouble finding it in a parking lot. That's what I like about my current car. :)

Plus, the other two greyish colors available on the Maverick (Iconic Silver and Carbonized Grey) are both metallic paint colors. The cactus grey stands out (at least to me) because it's matte.

I actually have an orange car right now, which will be traded for the Mav. I would have splurged for the Cyber Orange if it was, in fact, orange. However, compared to my current car (which I LOVE the color of), the Cyber Orange looks way closer to yellow. Not a fan of yellow pickup trucks, personally. :LOL:

jonathan1994

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Taurus Limited
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I think urban truck works for the maverick.

But when have you ever seen a man driving an Altima that didn't say it was his wife's/girlfriend's,

Sponsored

Fish Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius LE, Ford F150
100% agree, it comes off as an urban truck, maybe even a bit hipstery. Hell even their photo is targeted at our generation.

1629399675027.png

It's a pretty cringe photo but I guess if you wanna iconify that demographic. The fact that there are 4 women in the photo probably helps with the "girl truck" vibe that others are talking about.
What does it say when the guy has longer hair than any of the 4 girls ? 😀 Lol

JKinPA

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mountaineer
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

My point was more that the interior on the XLT is very much non-traditional, especially for a mid-level trim in its price point. For the most part, we usually get black on black or black on grey interiors, with the occasional white or beige thrown in here or there. In contrast, the XLT trim is colorful and even trendy, at least in my opinion.

Maybe the 50+ members of this forum could care less either way, but I like the fun color options. They're conversation starters, for one, and there's nothing wrong with having pride in how your car looks. *wink wink, nudge nudge to the 50+ people with classic cars here*
I got Alto because I liked it. Liked Velocity too. Don’t need a wink or a nudge. You do you and love what you get. I will 😉. The color choices are varied and there’s something that should suit everyone. I do like the various opinions in this thread, thank heavens people are different life would be boring otherwise 😊. Maverick, hell yes

Fish Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius LE, Ford F150
I am over 60 and I am tired of black seats. I am looking forward to having some colors other than black in my Maverick!
As in, blues and grey's ? Or are you getting the Lariat ? Honestly, I think that Brown in the Lariat looks really nice, but I think it would have to be along with the right exterior color. I sure wish they had a brighter, straight up, orange metallic...
I think if I were getting the Lariat, for other options, I'd end up getting some kind of bright orange metallic Plasti dip... With like gold Pearl or something....

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HCH2, Hybrid XLT on order
As in, blues and grey's ? Or are you getting the Lariat ? Honestly, I think that Brown in the Lariat looks really nice, but I think it would have to be along with the right exterior color. I sure wish they had a brighter, straight up, orange metallic...
I think if I were getting the Lariat, for other options, I'd end up getting some kind of bright orange metallic Plasti dip... With like gold Pearl or something....
We were donated a DYC wrap ZGA Hypershift with our foundation logo between the Base and outer logo. May do wheels and my chair to match if we have leftover, but that was not donated. Thanks to Some anonymous donor in Fonzie’s crew for kicking in the last $150 we needed to go Hypershift the foundations colors are green and purple.

because of my injuries and surgeries, we are also getting a custom seat cover out of neoprene (also donated)

Its a lot of donations, but every 400$ allows us to serve another family or teach another class helping Vets and TBI patients to stay in their home with loved ones for an average of 14 months longer.

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My point was more that the interior on the XLT is very much non-traditional, especially for a mid-level trim in its price point. For the most part, we usually get black on black or black on grey interiors, with the occasional white or beige thrown in here or there. In contrast, the XLT trim is colorful and even trendy, at least in my opinion.

Maybe the 50+ members of this forum could care less either way, but I like the fun color options. They're conversation starters, for one, and there's nothing wrong with having pride in how your car looks. *wink wink, nudge nudge to the 50+ people with classic cars here*
I’m well over the 50+ at 72 and I love the XLT interior. So tired of black, gray and tan. Us real oldies remember the 50s and 60s when interiors and exteriors were more colorful!

Sponsored

PapaNer

First Name
Ner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hyundai Veloster 2.0 Premium
Y'all say whatever you want - I have longer hair than my wife and I'm excited af for my girl truck. Gonna hang a pair of ovaries off the back instead of the truck nutz and let the psycho truck gatekeepers stay mad <3

DucFae

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Maverick; Moto - Scrambler UE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What does it say when the guy has longer hair than any of the 4 girls ? 😀 Lol
That he's got a clogged shower drain and uses a lot of conditioner. :LOL: