First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
waiting is no longer part of the culture but people buy a car as necessity not a luxury so you can't have a fluid delivery. This makes no sense. One needs a car to drive and to plan accordingly. What are YOU going to do if your lease is up? Tell me. Especially used market as it is.
You extend your lease. I did. Mine was up in December. I called Ford and extended it to April. Easy really.

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm not sure I fully understand the mentality of, "I want it now or I'll go elsewhere". I guess this is just the latest move tday's generation is making away from learned behaviors and things taught years ago. I am patiently waiting for mine to be built, in December as of now, and am okay driving my 15 year old toyota yaris and 88 dodge daytona shelby z. Hell, every month I wait for it is just more money going towards it. I'm okay waiting, and I'm driving a car needing maintenance and a project car with need of just about every part you can imagine.

I guess, to me, if you simply cannot wait, then stop whining and go elsewhere. Seems simple, why post here complaining about Ford... is there some part of you that truly believes whining here will have a changed effect?

Definition of insanity is doing the same thing repeatedly expecting different results. Judging, wildly, by this definition I'd go on to say that quite a few here are insane.

Random thoughts from my bored self, have a nice day folks :p
Awww...man...not the generational card.....time for:

"Ok, boomer."

Seriously, sometimes people just need to vent: "THIS SUCKS"

To which replying "WHINEY...GENERATION" is not exactly a good response. I recommend, "yeah, it does. Sorry man." Or nothing.

I liken it to telling a woman to "calm down."

-2,348,795 women in the history of never have been calmed down by "calm down."

I think your odds of un-"fed-up"ping someone via this forum are the same.

🍻 Have a great weekend!

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I get what you are saying about being fed up with the wait. I didn't know about Mavericks being introduced Argentina and Brazil, which of course are manufactured in Mexico so now people have to deal with that slowing down Ecoboost orders being made for US customers! Thankfully hybrids aren't being offered there. Then there's the deal with stock orders showing up on dealership lot when there still are hundreds of people waiting for their order to get built yet somehow with all the shortages being thrown at us as reasons for delay somehow retail Ecoboost model were built and sold. Why Ford? Doesn't the thousands of people who placed an order, many who put down money on it mean anything? We have lined up did what you asked us to do so we can get your brand new product, yet somehow you manage to turn what should be a happy occasion into a situation that had become a nightmare for some and for others a real test of a patience! It has really gotten me frustrated with Ford as a company and I really hope that someone from Ford Management or HQ reads my post because they really need to do something to fix this situation or at the very least communicate with us!!

sickser66

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Perhaps understand we aren’t living in normal times. Ford is in this to make money. You really think they’re not trying to get everyone their trucks as soon as possible? There are Mavericks at dealerships right now if you really want one. I understand wanting exactly what you ordered, but you aren’t the only one having to wait. Give it time, have a drink, and remember, a year ago wasn’t that long ago, and a few months isn’t that far away.
You’ll be happy once your truck arrives, it’s worth the wait.

Sponsored

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah, agreed, just that whiners always get to me....
Heh, least o2's aren't that hard!
I'm not sure I can reach this one from the hood. Going to a friend's to use a jack.

OP
OP

AzCactusGray

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C5, SC430, 67XKE, 08 XJR, 78 F250, 22 Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Awww...man...not the generational card.....time for:

"Ok, boomer."

Seriously, sometimes people just need to vent: "THIS SUCKS"

To which replying "WHINEY...GENERATION" is not exactly a good response. I recommend, "yeah, it does. Sorry man." Or nothing.

I liken it to telling a woman to "calm down."

-2,348,795 women in the history of never have been calmed down by "calm down."

I think your odds of un-"fed-up"ping someone via this forum are the same.

🍻 Have a great weekend!
Outstanding post!
And on that I will go along my Merry Way as well, I think this thread is reached self-sustaining combustion.
I hope you have a great weekend!

JsnMrd

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
... And it appears we are both in Arizona! I don't take any of this seriously. That's why I'm amused people think I'm angry... I'm not even in the slightest. Although I knew it to bring the fan boys out.
The hybrid tundra does catch my attention, but at that point I might as well get a Lightning, Riven or continue to wait for the Tesla cybertruck. (I'm on that list) I really like the idea of a smaller truck. I've hung on to my first generation Ranger (1998)for that reason, It's useful in ways my big trucks aren't.
I still have my Cybertruck reservation only because I think Tesla would at least fulfill the reserved orders before realizing they are essentially selling a bulletproof, unofficial Plaid truck, post apocalyptic mini tank for way less than the Rivian.

I like the Rivian. But it doesn't make sense. Making an ultimate beast of an off roader but crippled by the range. Imagine using all your miles just to reach your destination but you're already depleted to do the actual adventure. Unless there's charging stations in the wilderness, 500 miles should be the minimum.

PCL

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline (stopped waiting on Maverick)
Whats funny is the Santa Cruz is an American made car (Alabama). While the Maverick is not an American made car. Maybe the key here is to make in America..
If you look at which truck is outselling the other, they may not be learning the lesson you want them to...

Sponsored

Msab13

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Just made a fresh bowl of popcorn and turned off the x-box (MOM, bring me some more soda to the basement!!!). God, I love Saturday nights at MTC!

OP
OP

AzCactusGray

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C5, SC430, 67XKE, 08 XJR, 78 F250, 22 Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just made a fresh bowl of popcorn and turned off the x-box (MOM, bring me some more soda to the basement!!!). God, I love Saturday nights at MTC!
Popcorn is always good! So are you old school a little oil in a pot and lid on it or you kind of newfangled with the air popper or.... Do you just go for the microwave? I like extra butter, salt and pepper on mine. I'll also do some jalapeno lime flavored salt on occasion. Have you ever tried Tajin?
There's an option Ford should have included... A microwave for popcorn. Wait, there's the AC accessory plug.

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Popcorn is always good! So are you old school a little oil in a pot and lid on it or you kind of newfangled with the air popper or.... Do you just go for the microwave? I like extra butter, salt and pepper on mine. I'll also do some jalapeno lime flavored salt on occasion. Have you ever tried Tajin?
There's an option Ford should have included... A microwave for popcorn. Wait, there's the AC accessory plug.
You forgot jiffy pop. Yeah I'm that old.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.