2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

15min after the Fedex van left...
IMG_9281.jpg

IMG_9283.jpg

IMG_9284.jpg
Looks great. I’ve had the same one on my Tacoma for 3years and still looks and works great. The biggest issue is it sits perfectly flat abs tends to collect water when it rains. Looks like the sloped bed rails of the Maverick will fix that issue.
Sponsored

mav_nav

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I didn’t get a gasket? Also can someone please explain to me how to do the final two twisting knobs that slide onto the rail system and then you tighten them. I just can’t figure it out for some reason.
This is my issue. It have it install on all 4 corners, but I cannot figure out the last 2 that slide onto the bed rail somehow.
Sorry to keep spamming this topic. It looks like from your picture, we don’t install the final twist downs (the ones attached to the vinyl loop) to the bed rail, and just to the edge of the bed itself? Are these the ones that scratched up the plastic? This is the part that confused me as I started to take the rail end cap off (cracked it because it’s cheap plastic), and realized the cargo sliders can’t possibly come off easily. The instructions are vague so I got confused..

Also, all that came in my box was the cover itself. No other weather strip. Are we missing anything else?
Call Gator or Realtruck for the missing stuff and they also advertise they help with installation.

You can attach the front two jaw clamps (plastic) and the twist down clamps (metal) either to the bed rail (side of the bed) or to the Al rail with sliders on your truck. To attach to the Al rail you will need additional hardware that comes in the box, and you do not have to take the slider out as the additional hardware can slide into the slot from the front. This second method will limit the position of the slider to use as a tie down. Considering I am missing the hardware and I do not like limiting the travel of the slider, I attached my clamps to the bed rail itself.

mav_nav

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looks great. I’ve had the same one on my Tacoma for 3years and still looks and works great. The biggest issue is it sits perfectly flat abs tends to collect water when it rains. Looks like the sloped bed rails of the Maverick will fix that issue.
Thank you. My support bows are slightly convex up to prevent sag and rain water standing on the cover. I do not think the bed rails are sloped, just an illusion with the plastic cover thinning out towards the back :)

Ringo

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1953 MGTD, 1953 F100, 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is my issue. It have it install on all 4 corners, but I cannot figure out the last 2 that slide onto the bed rail somehow.
i believe those are safety straps. They can attach to the bed lip just like the other and don’t need to go onto the tie down rail. open them up and put them on a little closer to the cab. Nice to have!

Sponsored

mav_nav

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
i believe those are safety straps. They can attach to the bed lip just like the other and don’t need to go onto the tie down rail. open them up and put them on a little closer to the cab. Nice to have!
Indeed. I had mine as far away from the cab as I can, don't want the cover fly and damage anything before it gets caught by the safety strap.

Ringo

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Indeed. I had mine as far away from the cab as I can, don't want the cover fly and damage anything before it gets caught by the safety strap.
That makes a lot of sense! I’ll change mine this morning. Thanks

Cubsfan24

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks for the reply earlier. So what else are you missing exactly besides the extra insulation piece. I don’t see anything about additional hardware, but wanna make sure I get everything but don’t know what to tell the chat rep.
All I got in the box was the cover.

Sponsored

Ringo

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So you also just attached all 6 points to the plastic then?
There is solid sheet steel next to the plastic. No need for more than that.😎

MyFutureMaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Thank you. My support bows are slightly convex up to prevent sag and rain water standing on the cover. I do not think the bed rails are sloped, just an illusion with the plastic cover thinning out towards the back :)
That’s a pretty good optical illusion. 😂

mav_nav

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks for the reply earlier. So what else are you missing exactly besides the extra insulation piece. I don’t see anything about additional hardware, but wanna make sure I get everything but don’t know what to tell the chat rep.
All I got in the box was the cover.
That's exactly what I told the rep. when she asked me what was I missing, "All I got in the box is the cover". I still don't know what all it comes with 😂

We are missing the tailgate seal for sure and I am assuming the hardware that slides in the rails for the clamps to attach to. I am hoping @bschurman can tell us.

bschurman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat, 1961 VW bug
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That's exactly what I told the rep. when she asked me what was I missing, "All I got in the box is the cover". I still don't know what all it comes with 😂

We are missing the tailgate seal for sure and I am assuming the hardware that slides in the rails for the clamps to attach to. I am hoping @bschurman can tell us.
I did not get the part that fits into the rail either. It definitely is not necessary as the clamp fits just fine on the rail and it’s only a safety tether in case the other clamps fail for some reason and your cover becomes a sail.

I have attached some more photos of some specific areas that have been asked about.

Ford Maverick Gator SFX Tri-fold 50307353-7084-4ED8-AA2B-7B4FDB3736C8

Ford Maverick Gator SFX Tri-fold 8EF456D8-F6C7-4A60-8586-A97401DBA77C

Ford Maverick Gator SFX Tri-fold 68C38AA8-53F5-4698-84D6-D933E54E91D6

Last edited:

mav_nav

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I did not get the part that fits into the rail either. It definitely is not necessary as the clamp fits just fine on the rail and it’s only a safety tether in case the other clamps fail for some reason and your cover becomes a sail.

I have attached some more photos of some specific areas that have been asked about.

50307353-7084-4ED8-AA2B-7B4FDB3736C8.jpeg

8EF456D8-F6C7-4A60-8586-A97401DBA77C.jpeg

68C38AA8-53F5-4698-84D6-D933E54E91D6.jpeg
Agreed. I don't plan on using the additional hardware either but would like to get what I paid for in case I want to use it in the future 🙂

Thanks for the pictures, I do not see any difference 👍 I was afraid I got a prototype or something 😁
Sponsored

Last edited: