First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Crosstrek Spt ,23 SC AWD,02 Jeep 4x4, 17 Winbgo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I might be a little cantankerous on this but after dealing with these guys they want me to just return the cover. My story, last week I called them asking where the hardware and tape were that should have been in my order. I was told that the hold period was a half an hour so go to their chat to discuss my issues. I went to chat and after posting there I was told they had no one on chat that could give me an answer so they would enter a ticket for me to speak to someone who would know. Today I spent four or five EMails going back and fourth with a representative.,.I asked where was the hardware that were in their instructions to mount the safety straps and for mounting the clamps to a cargo mout rail instead of the truck bed rail. They asked first for photos. Thenthey asked for a video that shoowed what I was talking about. I sent them photos of their installation instructions and a Real truck video showing the install using the carg mount rails instead of the truck rails to clampto. I was them asked for pictures of how I mounted it. I t0ld them I didn't and I just wanted the items in the Instructions since I don't want to cut into the trucks plastic rail t use the clamps that they claim has to be clamped t0 metal. I got a call tonight from a employee at Gator and went through the whole thing again and his response was those are not supplied with the Maverick since it was new and only on certain brand and models of trucks. I asked where would I find that information and he admitted it doessn't exist and then told me to return it to them and they would gladly refund me my cost. I agreed since I was so irritated with their lack of not having anywhere on their site or their Installation intruction that said that they only apply to certin models and not others. I'l pay more for another model where I dn't have to chop up the plastic truck rail Lesson learned I wil call the next cover to ask the right questions before I go off what they don't tell you in any of their advertizements, videos or the instructions they provide. Rant is now closed.
Sponsored

mav_nav

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I might be a little cantankerous on this but after dealing with these guys they want me to just return the cover. My story, last week I called them asking where the hardware and tape were that should have been in my order. I was told that the hold period was a half an hour so go to their chat to discuss my issues. I went to chat and after posting there I was told they had no one on chat that could give me an answer so they would enter a ticket for me to speak to someone who would know. Today I spent four or five EMails going back and fourth with a representative.,.I asked where was the hardware that were in their instructions to mount the safety straps and for mounting the clamps to a cargo mout rail instead of the truck bed rail. They asked first for photos. Thenthey asked for a video that shoowed what I was talking about. I sent them photos of their installation instructions and a Real truck video showing the install using the carg mount rails instead of the truck rails to clampto. I was them asked for pictures of how I mounted it. I t0ld them I didn't and I just wanted the items in the Instructions since I don't want to cut into the trucks plastic rail t use the clamps that they claim has to be clamped t0 metal. I got a call tonight from a employee at Gator and went through the whole thing again and his response was those are not supplied with the Maverick since it was new and only on certain brand and models of trucks. I asked where would I find that information and he admitted it doessn't exist and then told me to return it to them and they would gladly refund me my cost. I agreed since I was so irritated with their lack of not having anywhere on their site or their Installation intruction that said that they only apply to certin models and not others. I'l pay more for another model where I dn't have to chop up the plastic truck rail Lesson learned I wil call the next cover to ask the right questions before I go off what they don't tell you in any of their advertizements, videos or the instructions they provide. Rant is now closed.
FWIW, you only have to cut the plastic if it extends over the metal rail, which is not the case with the Maverick

Arukoru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
I'm not familiar with the install process or the hardware required, but as a help desk guy it sounds like they wanted images of where it was going wrong but got pictures of the instructions and some other video of it being installed.

Even though you may be correct. It sounds like the support person didn't get exactly what they asked for, got frustrated and decided to just close the ticket in the easiest way possible.

Been there at times, you get a certain level of patience and then I give you the BS fastest way out if I don't get precisely what I asked for.

I'm not saying this is justified or good customer service and I could be off-base but that's my 2 cents for whatever that's worth.

Ron Neal

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered a Gator for my 20 Ranger last year and the rubber strip for the front bed rail was about 1" too short on each side so I called back and had to wait for someone to answer my questions (no chat available) but finally reached an associate and explained what I needed so they put it in the mail. Got it a couple days later and it was not the same thickness and narrower. So I went down to my local truck camper guy and he gave me enough of what I wanted.
Once installed I was very happy with the Gator tonneau and good value for the money but no long term reports since I sold the truck 6 months later. Their customer service could use some servicing but would buy from them again.

Evil2ltr

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Alto Blue Maverick XLT AWD
What a cluster F.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Old Hickory Trojan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
FWIW, you only have to cut the plastic if it extends over the metal rail, which is not the case with the Maverick
Not exactly . As long as the clamps get to make contact with the metal and not just the plastic. Besides I've had this type of cover attachment before and the truck side rail gets marred up when you tighten the clamp down which I really don't ant to have happen on the truck. Add the safety strap and it's attachment and you add more to the issue.

OP
OP

Old Hickory Trojan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm not familiar with the install process or the hardware required, but as a help desk guy it sounds like they wanted images of where it was going wrong but got pictures of the instructions and some other video of it being installed.

Even though you may be correct. It sounds like the support person didn't get exactly what they asked for, got frustrated and decided to just close the ticket in the easiest way possible.

Been there at times, you get a certain level of patience and then I give you the BS fastest way out if I don't get precisely what I asked for.

I'm not saying this is justified or good customer service and I could be off-base but that's my 2 cents for whatever that's worth.
Nope. He understood when I got to actually speak to the represetative . In fact he knew what the issues were and said that they had the exact same issue with the Toyota Tundra when it forst came out and that they eventually corrected it by adding the parts I was requesting oce they knew the Tundra wasn't going away and there was a consumer base they were losing out on because of the issue. He said since the Maverick was new and they had no idea if there were going to be enough consumers to want these other oieces they would most likely wait ujtil the demand got large enough to re-enginerr the produvt to meet those needs. he understood it very well....in other words if it will add m9re business we will eventually get around to doing it
Sponsored