Sponsored

FX4 package a waste if I don't plan to drive offroad?

atomguy245

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Bolt EUV, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Like I have said before nothing Ford states about off-roading is legally binding on a term that does not have a defined definition- What the heck is off-roading Ford ? LOL
And that's how young women roll their Broncos off a cliff when the Bronco they are driving doesn't have the off road bits they really needed for the trail they were on. That said, the owner's manual is basically a giant CYA for the automaker, trying to warn you about any stupid thing you might do with your new vehicle.
Sponsored

altomav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, '71 GMC
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is me. I don't need any of that stuff, but if I was going to get AWD, I'd end up with FX4 and 4k, because you might as well build a real truck out of it if you are getting AWD.
That's how I was thinking when I building my mine, plus I needed those options to pull my aluminum boat.

ReddWulf

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick FX4, Harley Road King Classic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I do very light offroading....getting to out of the way places, trail heads and such, certainly no rock crawling. Always with a purpose - not just offroading for off-road sake, I'd get a 4x4 for that. I thought for the price it was worth it for the cooling upgrades, upgraded suspension, larger display, wheel package, etc. Would have liked to have the transmission cooler, but that was not worth adding the towing package (I don't tow) and didn't want the gearing change due to lots of highway driving. I know I'll get razzed for the FX4 logo by my Raptor/TRD friends but that's why I made the FX4 SOFT ROAD logo. Hoping I can actually get it made for the truck later. 😆

HPR

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I did it for the black wheels, I hope the different shocks make it sit LEVEL. I hate the lowered front look on trucks. I didn't even know about the upgraded screen until a few days ago reading about it on here. :ROFLMAO:

Portcqb

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Lux 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Good info - I didn't know about the trailing arms. Do we know how different the shocks really are ? For fun look at the owners manual regarding off road usage, it's quite a laugh.
Both the AWD alone and the FX4 the only difference in suspension is the mono-tube hydraulic gas-pressurized dampers with hydraulic rebound stop vs the normal AWD twin-tube hydraulic gas-pressurized dampers. Keep in mind both have the same front suspension.

Sponsored

atomguy245

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I do very light offroading....getting to out of the way places, trail heads and such, certainly no rock crawling. Always with a purpose - not just offroading for off-road sake, I'd get a 4x4 for that. I thought for the price it was worth it for the cooling upgrades, upgraded suspension, larger display, wheel package, etc. Would have liked to have the transmission cooler, but that was not worth adding the towing package (I don't tow) and didn't want the gearing change due to lots of highway driving. I know I'll get razzed for the FX4 logo by my Raptor/TRD friends but that's why I made the FX4 SOFT ROAD logo. Hoping I can actually get it made for the truck later. 😆
You are going to get razzed regardless for not buying a "real" truck.

mav_can

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3, 2018 Mustang EB Premium
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is me. I don't need any of that stuff, but if I was going to get AWD, I'd end up with FX4 and 4k, because you might as well build a real truck out of it if you are getting AWD.
Exactly, they really get you with the price of FX4. $800 for FX4 is exactly the same as the moonroof and imo provides much more value.

atomguy245

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Exactly, they really get you with the price of FX4. $800 for FX4 is exactly the same as the moonroof and imo provides much more value.
Yeah, for $800 you might as well get it. But I am not trying to buy a $32k Maverick, so I must resist lol

ReddWulf

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick FX4, Harley Road King Classic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

atomguy245

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Lol...so true, so true. 😂
I'm even worse off, I ordered the hybrid, lol. But I don't even care. I had a "real" truck and never used it to it's capacity at all. Total waste.

Sponsored

pgstick02

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2006 Mazda MX5, 1973 Super Beetle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
For $800 extra I thought why not, only downside is you loose Sport, maybe you can mod the computer later on to add sport back in but I figured it wouldn't hurt being in an area with snow rural roads and getting back to favorite bike trails and such. Gonna add a skid plate anyway just saves me the trouble plus looks like you get some decent tires with it too that alone in my opinion is worth the extra money. Cause your vehicle is only as good as the tires you put on them ;)

JKinPA

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mountaineer
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

For $800 extra I thought why not, only downside is you loose Sport, maybe you can mod the computer later on to add sport back in but I figured it wouldn't hurt being in an area with snow rural roads and getting back to favorite bike trails and such. Gonna add a skid plate anyway just saves me the trouble plus looks like you get some decent tires with it too that alone in my opinion is worth the extra money. Cause your vehicle is only as good as the tires you put on them ;)
The Pirelli’s are good for everything but winter weather. I am replacing them immediately with Falken Wildpeak AT Trail tires.

pgstick02

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2006 Mazda MX5, 1973 Super Beetle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The Pirelli’s are good for everything but winter weather. I am replacing them immediately with Falken Wildpeak AT Trail tires.
Good choice.

JKinPA

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mountaineer
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Good choice.
Thanks! Did my research, they are very versatile tires and made for unibody type AWD/4WD type vehicles.
Yep, as you know, the snow, sleet, freezing rain, and slush in PA, good tires are not a want they are a need.
Sponsored