Sponsored

FX4-No-More (Debadged Velocity Blue Maverick FX4)

OP
OP
slashy42

slashy42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Now just get rid of that Auto Nation badge and you'll be set.
Yea, that's only there because the front plate holder looks weird without something in it. Should get my plates soon and it'll go away.
Sponsored

soNso

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
TomE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 XL, Hyundai Azera, Suzuki Hayabusa Ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Why?
So that people walking by know what you have? I'm not knocking you but really, what is the purpose? To tell innocent bystanders what the equipment package is? I don't get it. I know what my truck is equipped with and that is all that needs to know in my opinion. A pin stripe, a splash, something like a racing stripe, OK, not advertising or showing off in my opinion.
Not being critical I promise, I just don't understand what that giant FX4 Off Road sticker pasted on both sides does for you.
100% on your team.

Benson

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Benson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Why?
So that people walking by know what you have? I'm not knocking you but really, what is the purpose? To tell innocent bystanders what the equipment package is? I don't get it. I know what my truck is equipped with and that is all that needs to know in my opinion. A pin stripe, a splash, something like a racing stripe, OK, not advertising or showing off in my opinion.
Not being critical I promise, I just don't understand what that giant FX4 Off Road sticker pasted on both sides does for you.
AGREE! It's just serves to let public know your options prefs. Looks so much classier when removed, imo.

Guardian

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Smartcar,Alfa Romeo Spyder,Pontiac GTO,Taurus SHO
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Got out the heatgun this afternoon and removed the FX4 stickers from my Velocity Blue XLT. Gotta say I love the results. That red FX4 sticker felt like a massive eyesore.

debadged-04.jpg

debadged-01-Smaller.jpg

debadged-02-Smaller.jpg

debadged-03-Smaller.jpg

debadged-05-Smaller.jpg

debadged-06-Smaller.jpg

debadged-07-Smaller.jpg
Totally with you on your decision!!! My F150 FX decal was removed as soon as we got it home(back in 1996!!). The truck looks sooo much better without it. I like to say what goes on my vehicles!!

Joseaoe1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT 2.0 4K VB, 2022 RAV4 Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just finished adding vinyl letters and plasti dipping the emblems. Sadly the XLT emblems on the sides didn't peel at all. I think its because it is all one piece, so there isn't a good line there for it to snap. Other than that I am pretty happy. I will probably redo the Ford logos when I find some vinyl ones I like.

Got the decals from eBay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/-/224651286517?mkevt=1&mkcid=16&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

PXL_20211024_201745946.jpg
PXL_20211024_201830947.jpg
PXL_20211024_201837807.jpg
PXL_20211024_201843492.jpg
PXL_20211024_201846153.jpg
PXL_20211024_201906621.jpg
PXL_20211024_202001960.jpg
PXL_20211024_202010313.jpg
Agree looks great. I have the xlt 4k ecoboost in velocity blue and like the black on blue contrast. Maybe at some point you can add an fx4 in subtle black matte

Sponsored

Deby

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Deby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I love the FX4 sticker Iam not getting the FX4 package but Iam going to buy the FX4 sticker from Amazon and put it on my truck. I work at walmart and my husband says if I put that on my truck someone will steal it lol if they do they will get surprised.

• Haha
Reactions: Guv

Darrel R. Ferguson

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Darrel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rancharos mustangs explores chevy
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Got out the heatgun this afternoon and removed the FX4 stickers from my Velocity Blue XLT. Gotta say I love the results. That red FX4 sticker felt like a massive eyesore.

debadged-04.jpg

debadged-01-Smaller.jpg

debadged-02-Smaller.jpg

debadged-03-Smaller.jpg

debadged-05-Smaller.jpg

debadged-06-Smaller.jpg

debadged-07-Smaller.jpg
I figured that sticker was $4000. I will keep mine.

Maverick Rich

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tremor Maverick, F150, F250, Mustang, CRF230L
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I peeled off my Tremor's quarter panel decals. Reason? I have a F250 that has " 4x4 " decals on it's quarter panels. Thing is the drivers side of the truck is almost always facing south when parked (in sunny Nevada).....the result is the decals " white" background has turned an old looking yellow over the years. The shotgun side of the truck mostly has faced the northerly shady direction when parked, it's decal background has remained white. The now yellowed background of the "4x4" left side of the truck decal is essentially "baked" into the paint and can no longer be removed, unless maybe by sanding it off and repainting the quarter panel. Sooooo, if you want to keep quarter panel decals from aging in the sun share each side of the truck's time on the sunny side, or maybe park the truck facing north or south would slow both of the decals aging and the best solution would be to keep it parked in your garage..... or else maybe trade your truck in for a pricey new one when the decals start showing their age. I didn't like those choices or they weren't feasible as a routine solution....so I peeled my quarter panel decals off my Tremor Maverick....I did keep the much smaller Tremor decal on the tail gate for now ....but I'll keep my eye on it's condition. The Tremor is also often parked in my garage.

Guv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
Undecided
My stickers fell off in the driveway today 😳 I never really cared for the orange/red on it. Might look better on a different color than Cactus Grey. In my humble opinion.

Sponsored

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My stickers fell off in the driveway today 😳 I never really cared for the orange/red on it. Might look better on a different color than Cactus Grey. In my humble opinion.
I actually put an all grey one on and I'm thinking I like it better when they were removed. I've never added decals like that before, but I thought it might be a nice contrast on my carbon grey lariat with the minimal shiny and brighter silver accents. I still dunno how I feel about it...

Ford Maverick FX4-No-More (Debadged Velocity Blue Maverick FX4) 012

Ford Maverick FX4-No-More (Debadged Velocity Blue Maverick FX4) 013

But it's up there, so for now it stays. If it peels and it likely will because it's all individual lettering, then I'll remove it and leave it alone. I have my fingers crossed that in the next couple years or so the BAP lights will be more readily available and I can also swap that shiny silver grille portion out for a darker XLT one. Same goes for the 4k wheels you can get as an add on. I really want a set.

I will say that I think the stock FX4 decal regardless of model/color looks better than 99% of added ones I have seen people put on. Especially the "FX2" types 🤮

Reactions: Guv

NoVaJimmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lexus GX 460
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I actually put an all grey one on and I'm thinking I like it better when they were removed. I've never added decals like that before, but I thought it might be a nice contrast on my carbon grey lariat with the minimal shiny and brighter silver accents. I still dunno how I feel about it...

012.jpg

013.jpg

But it's up there, so for now it stays. If it peels and it likely will because it's all individual lettering, then I'll remove it and leave it alone. I have my fingers crossed that in the next couple years or so the BAP lights will be more readily available and I can also swap that shiny silver grille portion out for a darker XLT one. Same goes for the 4k wheels you can get as an add on. I really want a set.

I will say that I think the stock FX4 decal regardless of model/color looks better than 99% of added ones I have seen people put on. Especially the "FX2" types 🤮
There's nothing more cringe to me when it comes to mods than stickers from packages and trims that someone's vehicle doesn't have. I even have the 6.5" FX4 instrument cluster and hill descent control working on my XL AWD and I would still never put FX4 stickers on it.

Guv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
Undecided

012.jpg

013.jpg

I agree with those FX2 stickers, really 🤪
I actually got some grey/silver ones to replace them, the problem was after they “fell off” I really liked the look.
What kick started all this was a UFO the size of a horse fly must have hit the driver side sticker and took out a 1/2” x 1/8” strip. I got lucky, it didn’t do anything to the paint so I figured oh well, here’s my excuse to replace them. We’ll see, I might get really, really bored one day and stick the new ones on.

Jman79

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn Vue, Honda Odessey, Ford Maverick 🤞MY24
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm on board, no clue why ford slapped that childish looking sticker on an otherwise minimalistic and streamlined looking truck. It kind of clashes.

The grey one is nicer, but I still like it without.

When I was a kid I had that powder blue bmx bike from toys-r-us called "beast". Loved it and rode it hard. My brother always said I should get mongoose stickers for it. He couldn't ride for 🤬, ha!
Sponsored