vengo97

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta, Jeep Grand Cherokee
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Long drive up ice fishing this weekend, lots of blowing snow and whiteout conditions, the Maverick handled them very well. Super solid on the slippery roads. I pulled over in town to wait for the other vehicle in our group, and misjudged the amount of shoulder there was under all that snow and sunk right in. Hooked the recovery hook to a tow strap, and my friend's F150 had no problem giving us a yank out of it. Good times!

Ford Maverick FX4 for the win!! tempImagekQCiH2
Sponsored

Doc Randie

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ford.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You're giving me FOMO for not having FX4. That's the only extra package I wanted that I didn't get.

Do you think it really makes that much difference? I have 2.0 with AWD + Tow Package.

wizardv12222

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I drove across some snow packed roads in MO. Put it in slippery and thought the truck had zero troubles, was super happy with how well it handled the snow.

Now why I had to drive to MO to find snow when I live in WI is anyone's guess.

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You're giving me FOMO for not having FX4. That's the only extra package I wanted that I didn't get.

Do you think it really makes that much difference? I have 2.0 with AWD + Tow Package.
I struggled...First Edition or Lariat Lux FX4. I went with FX4 ultimately over First Edition because of tow hooks. Not for utility, but how it looks. I still anguish with the decision. But I probably would have been scheduled 2 months later, also.

OP
OP

vengo97

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta, Jeep Grand Cherokee
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

The recovery hooks saved me a lot of trouble. It would have been a bitch trying to get underneath the truck and attaching the tow strap to the frame. Also I could see it damaging the bumper that way.

Sponsored

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

The recovery hooks saved me a lot of trouble. It would have been a bitch trying to get underneath the truck and attaching the tow strap to the frame. Also I could see it damaging the bumper that way.
Any vehicle without good recovery points is just freaking terrible. Especcially a 4wd. When I used to wheel alot, I recovered alot of vehicles, but if you dint have at least one easy hook tow point your ass was digging the hole and crawling into 10" of muddy half frozen water to hook yourself up.