Full size spare

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HCH2, Hybrid XLT on order
That's probably just because an aluminum rim might not be compatible with the stowage mechanism.
al is really soft, this would not surprise me, or it could be for mobility decreased people like myself who can’t get under a truck anymore, heck AL rims mounted to a proper tyre might simply hang too low /shrug
Sponsored

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There is a procedure in the Owner's Manual for securing a flat tire in the bed which makes me question if a full size fits under there if a full size spare is not ordered.
I have never put a flat back under the truck....ever.

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
al is really soft, this would not surprise me, or it could be for mobility decreased people like myself who can’t get under a truck anymore, heck AL rims mounted to a proper tyre might simply hang too low /shrug
For my use case, the flat is going to the tire shop right away. I know that doesn't help people who want a 5 tire rotation, but I imagine most people would be taking the flat to be repaired.

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For my use case, the flat is going to the tire shop right away. I know that doesn't help people who want a 5 tire rotation, but I imagine most people would be taking the flat to be repaired.
I have been ordering online from Yokohama (with 300 k miles on my HCH2 you can guess how many tyres) that I keep one at home unmounted. Sad I know, but I20 is a freaking landmine field especially at 3am.

Sponsored

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Me neither, even though it's the safe thing to do.
What if the bed is full?
Then you dont have enough bed....or there is always the back seat.....

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Me neither, even though it's the safe thing to do.
What if the bed is full?
Mine will be full of my chair and bags. But I suspect I can find a spot for a full 5th tyre mounted. Probably against the forward rail. I will have no tailgate except the liftgator

jimmy fitzwell

First Name
jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 pinto wagon, 67 olds 98
Mine will be full of my chair and bags. But I suspect I can find a spot for a full 5th tyre mounted. Probably against the forward rail. I will have no tailgate except the liftgator
That's a good spot. Like my Dad's Power Wagon. My 67 VW van had it front and center. That might be a consideration? :) Just kidding!

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's a good spot. Like my Dad's Power Wagon. My 67 VW van had it front and center. That might be a consideration? :) Just kidding!
I know guys who had land rovers with one and sometimes 2 tyres in front. I asked it they were supposed to be rb^3 and they looked at me like I was gormless. Then I had to explain that the dock cushions on boats we called rubber baby buggy bumpers.

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4, Chevy Chevelle SS, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The spare tire does not even come on a matching wheel, unless you get the XL trim. So its not like you can really even use it in your regular tire rotation, unless your ok with non matching wheels.

Not sure about everyone else, but when I saw the "included with hybrid" note, I took that as a pretty clear sign the EB did not have it included in that package.
The trainer I saw, 2.0 XLT FX4 had a steelie as the spare not the awesome black wheels that are on the FX4.

Sponsored

jimmy fitzwell

First Name
jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 pinto wagon, 67 olds 98
I know guys who had land rovers with one and sometimes 2 tyres in front. I asked it they were supposed to be rb^3 and they looked at me like I was gormless. Then I had to explain that the dock cushions on boats we called rubber baby buggy bumpers.
I actually rear ended a compact truck with that van and there was no damage to either. And no ticket!

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The trainer I saw, 2.0 XLT FX4 had a steelie as the spare not the awesome black wheels that are on the FX4.
I hesitate to say anything, likely it is a steelie, Maverick isn’t priced right for a 5th identical rim

kmsmolk

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
I gotta say after seeing peoples window stickers today, I texted chip @Granger Ford and confirmed that my XLT 2.0 Lux, 4k, FX4, Copilot 360 does NOT come with a full size spare tire. I think the way the build sheet on Ford's website show it as (included with the hybrid at no cost) is pretty misleading. I was expecting it to come with at least one of those packages that it was mentioned on, that I added for $1000's extra. At best poor explanation on Ford's web builder, at worst a pretty shitty way to save a couple $.
It’s worded exactly the same for the Lariat 2.0, 4K FX4 with Co Pilot. Talk about disappointed. Not a deal breaker, but my dealer is going to have to do something about it. Not a happy camper smh…

Randy H.

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick & Civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just thinking here, but it seems logical that the 2.0 Eco exhaust would be routed differently than the Hybrid and therefore cannot accommodate the full size spare without special brackets? Or maybe the 2.0 rear end is different to accommodate the AWD option, and again require special brackets?

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

It’s worded exactly the same for the Lariat 2.0, 4K FX4 with Co Pilot. Talk about disappointed. Not a deal breaker, but my dealer is going to have to do something about it. Not a happy camper smh…
Yeah, the original order guide and the site had a fullsize spare listed under the Lariat Lux package.

I'm spending 36k and getting a donut instead. Because Ford couldn't afford to include it as part of the Ecoboost upgrade, AWD upgrade, FX4 upgrade, or Lariat trim.

Pretty fucked up way to treat not only your early customers but also the ones paying the most.
Sponsored