First Name
Heman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
On my 2011 F250 I noticed fuel dash gauge when on full would tend to drop sooner than say 3/4 to 1/4 range . I attribute that to fuel tank shape. Level drops quicker from full to 3/4 mark, then as driving further tends to do, see slower drop, readouts of level.
I’m seeing similar on this Maverick. Anyone else experiencing similar attribute, fuel level drops faster from full to say, 3/4 mark, then trends slower as driven?

Not a biggie issue, just comparing results.
Sponsored

Sharksforarms

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Haven't really paid much attention to that but when I was going through OBD setting, im pretty sure I saw a PID that lets you read the actual percentage of fuel remaining according to the truck if you want to get more granular with it.

OP
OP
CajunMick

CajunMick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Heman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
When it get# low, will see on dash a warning for the Low level, with DTE status. And even tho I not yet got to the low low warning. Prob won’t happen. There’s a fuel station around the corner, and I have CC ready to swipe thru.

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
A year into owning my Maverick, I don't believe I've ever looked at the fuel gauge. Because I keep the miles till empty value displayed. And because it warns me at 50 miles. My wife could tape over that gauge and I'd never know it.

Sorry OP - I know I'm not answering your question. FWIW, I have had vehicles in the past with really wonky fuel gauges.

MetalsGeek

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rough
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Yamaha FZ-07
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've kept pretty detailed refuel data (including gage readings), since my '23 XLT hybrid was new. I logged fuel level as a percentage, and the amount present as 13.8 gals less my fill-up. In a dozen refuelings, my gage accuracy has been really good. The highest error was 8% of reading, and most others are within 3%. Of course, most of the data was taken when the tank was less than half full (all between 23% and 58% full), so initial drop is not covered. However, my gut reaction to the gage is that it's uncommonly accurate for a vehicle. Especially a Ford! 😁

Sponsored

OP
OP
CajunMick

CajunMick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Heman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've kept pretty detailed refuel data (including gage readings), since my '23 XLT hybrid was new. I logged fuel level as a percentage, and the amount present as 13.8 gals less my fill-up. In a dozen refuelings, my gage accuracy has been really good. The highest error was 8% of reading, and most others are within 3%. Of course, most of the data was taken when the tank was less than half full (all between 23% and 58% full), so initial drop is not covered. However, my gut reaction to the gage is that it's uncommonly accurate for a vehicle. Especially a Ford! 😁
Thanks for info.
im now at 1/2 tank. Been driving around and still 1/2 tank displayed. I suspect levels at fattest part of the tank, say like the middle of a coke bottle.

MetalsGeek

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rough
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Yamaha FZ-07
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for info.
im now at 1/2 tank. Been driving around and still 1/2 tank displayed. I suspect levels at fattest part of the tank, say like the middle of a coke bottle.
Yes, totally. Between the shape of the tank and the inherent nonlinearity of the sensor, there's room for a lot of error, especially in older systems where the gage was hard wired. I have not looked into this, but have a sneaking suspicion that the Maverick gages are all driven by a computer, in which case Ford could have easily put compensation in software. I used to be an instrumentation engineer and did that all the time.
Sponsored