Sponsored

Front License Plate or No Front License Plate?

Wixron

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Debating whether to even install the bracket and put the plate on. My kid has had his car without a plate for 5 years. I had an old Ranger with no plate on the front for over 3. Never a problem. I think the front looks cleaner without it.

I know it's "required".....but so are many other things that just don't happen.

Any thoughts?
It might look cleaner but i would rather have the license plate bracket backed into or if my judgement is off take the brunt of the force... saving the bumper paint job
Sponsored

gwrace14651

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Were in Texas. I think a lot depends on how strict your local law enforcement is. Where I live the crime rate is very low and law enforcement takes their job very seriously. We run with both plates.

Shakesbear

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
J. R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat AWD, FX4, 4K, Lux, no CP360 assist
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Were in Texas. I think a lot depends on how strict your local law enforcement is. Where I live the crime rate is very low and law enforcement takes their job very seriously. We run with both plates.
Yep. Go with whatever your local law requires to be safe. I was able to use the tow hook post that screws into the hole on the front bumper of my old coupe to set up a "eurostyle" offset plate without having to mount it to the center, but that was primarily just because there was really no good place to put it in the center. You don't have that problem with a truck ;)

gwrace14651

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Yep. Go with whatever your local law requires to be safe. I was able to use the tow hook post that screws into the hole on the front bumper of my old coupe to set up a "eurostyle" offset plate without having to mount it to the center, but that was primarily just because there was really no good place to put it in the center. You don't have that problem with a truck ;)
With my sons cars including his Maverick he just places the plate on the lower dash so it can be seen through the front window. But not a big fan of that either.

sprcoop

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL Hybrid, 66 Mustang Coupe, 2012 Focus DCT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I live in AZ (no front LP) but bought the Mav in CA (required front LP). I requested no holes in the front bumper and they complied.

Funny part was the rear temp LP and frame. It was slightly crooked. After 6 weeks my permanent plate came and I removed the frame (I'm a no frame guy) to find they had missed the molded install reference points. How does that happen?

It was attached with what appeared to be large sheet metal screws that I used in the correct locations. Perfect now, just extra holes behind the LP.

The other day I saw a Mav with a permanent plate the was crooked exactly like mine was. Same dealer?
Sponsored