First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Engine
Undecided
Out running errands when I spotted this brand new baby sit outside an auto shop. This is the first Bronco I seen in my home town and the first Bronco wrecked? I'm sure it's not going to feel just right any more.

Ford Maverick Frist to buy, frist to wreck. Wrecked Bronco1

Ford Maverick Frist to buy, frist to wreck. wrecked bronco2
Sponsored

• Sad
Reactions: Doc

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I wonder if it still has that New Car Smell?

:poop:

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2020 HPP mustang
Out running errands when I spotted this brand new baby sit outside an auto shop. This is the first Bronco I seen in my home town and the first Bronco wrecked? I'm sure it's not going to feel just right any more.

Wrecked Bronco1.jpg

wrecked bronco2.jpg
Pretty Fristy ...

Sponsored

MontanaEd

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PHEV- Volt
Well, that just sucks for the owner. But hey the airbags work. I used to work with a guy whose car was stolen and the thief led the cops on a high speed chase which ended when the car ran head on into a concrete bridge collum doing in excess of 90 miles an hour. The thief jumped out of the car and ran from the cops on foot. My coworker said he was more disappointed to lose the car knowing how safe it was in accident, than just the loss of a car he secretly hated.

I sure hope the owners of the Bronco Sport did not get hurt.

dano0726

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep JK Wrangler Sport
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My guess is a casualty of I-45/Gulf Freeway drivers -- it's like Mario Kart/Mad Max, especially in the rain...

Mike

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Ranger F350’s
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
First vehicle I had with ABS was a Ranger. Brand new pulled out of lot drove down street hit brakes hard to avoid car blasting through a red. ABS kicked in freaked me out so much I steered into a building.

NDL

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Wrecked Bronco1.jpg

wrecked bronco2.jpg
Appreciate the pics; I actually saw a Bronco Sport up close today, and was disappointed. The thing sits way too low to the ground.

dano0726

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep JK Wrangler Sport
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Exactly what the1mrb said -- our Badlands is almost as high as my 2011 Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon takeoffs with stock suspension...)

Sponsored

Xtreme Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota
Indeed, for what the Bronco Sport is, 7.8" ground clearance on the Base trim and 8.8" on the Badlands trim (w/ optional tire set I believe) are fairly decent for the segment of vehicle. Comparable to the Jeep Renegade and Compass as well as the Subaru Crosstrek products the share segment space.

NDL

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A Badlands trim Bronco Sport has essentially the same ground clearance as my 2019 Ranger FX4. I have yet to bottom out on my excursions. And if you watch the Bronco Sport reviews it's pretty darn capable.
Appreciate your comments; I will have to give the Badlands trim a look.

Hopefully, Ford will offer the Maverick the option of Badlands clearance. Thing is, I want a base Maverick, not an uplevel model.

Tennessee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fiesta ST
Just to put things in perspective, the old Rangers maxed out at 8" of ground clearance from my very cursory research. And even less the older the generations. And I would expect the Mav to be pretty close to that. Heck, even new Escapes and non-Badlands Bronco Sports have almost the same clearance as an old Ranger (7.8" vs 8.0").
Older generations in this segment were really limited by their live axles, as I recall many of them had about six and a half inches of clearance. Actually, unless you are bouldering that is plenty for most uses. The independent suspension of things like the new Maverick is a big advantage. My dad just got a Subaru Crosstrek, boy does it sit up high!

dp4616

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Am I going crazy? When I lookup my 2011 XL Ranger ground clearance online it says 8.9in, not 7.8 or 8.0?

Either way - if it allows taller tires, I would gladly just have that extra 0.5 - 1in from tires alone. Never had an issue with truck the way it sits currently. It floods occasionally here in SFL and that has me worried - do they come with intercoolers at front lower with the ecoboosts?