FloodingdowninTX

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The Ford website now shows a Napier tent made for Maverick, but only one photo. I'd like to see more photos and maybe a setup video, since I'm a senior and thinking about solo camping. Is it easy for one person to set up?
I was not aware of that development, which is what one would hope for. Presumably Napier would have the specifications for such a Maverick tent rather than the improvisations suggested on various threads. Thank you for bringing it to everyone's attention. Best Wishes on your camping ambitions.
Sponsored

Old Hickory Trojan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Crosstrek Spt ,23 SC AWD,02 Jeep 4x4, 17 Winbgo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You're not planning on any wet weather at all with this setup, right? Because water is going to funnel down between the cab and the rainfly. With a unibody truck, it seems to me that you need a rainfly at least, and preferably the tent, that goes over the top of the cab like an RV tent. The Napier on Ford shows on its website is the only one like that I've ever seen, and unfortunately there's only one photo of it. Any chance you could do a video demonstrating its setup? Like I said before, I'm a senior looking at this for solo camping, so to work for me it has to be easy for one person to set up.
That tent looks great.
Maverick 2022-2023 Napier Truck Tent ~ VPZ6Z99000C38A (ford.com)

Susan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This comes with a rainfly. In theory, the water should drain through the truck bed and not collect. I basically never camp in bad weather. I am a cold wimp. Haha
Thanks, but it's the Napier tent advertised on the Ford website I was hoping to see more of.

BoricuaBeautyx

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tatiana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looks to be the same thing: XPORTION Truck Tent 5.5/6.5 FT Bed, Waterproof Pickup Truck Tent, Truck Bed Tent, PortableTruck Tent, Outdoor Camping Tent for 2 Person, Truck Tent for Bed with Beach mat, Shoe Bag & Storage Bag https://a.co/d/dbBJ1Yi

Sponsored

jalvay

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just bought the tent from Napier (they have a 40% off winter discount going on for a couple days, couldn't pass it up) came out to $150 shipped to Florida. I'll report back with a setup video and some pictures of the setup. I'm not sure how well it's going to go as I do have a trifold tonneau cover, but we'll see what happens.

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Susan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I like that it goes over the top of the cab for 2 reasons:

1. With the sliding rear window, it offers access to the cab from the tent.

2. It should provide better protection in case of rain.

It is the first pickup bed tent I have seen that does this, but it's something I've been wishing for ever since I started looking at them.

Sponsored

Phinney Ridge Dave

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 MB GLK 250 Bluetec 4matic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Just bought the tent from Napier (they have a 40% off winter discount going on for a couple days, couldn't pass it up) came out to $150 shipped to Florida. I'll report back with a setup video and some pictures of the setup. I'm not sure how well it's going to go as I do have a trifold tonneau cover, but we'll see what happens.
Well, for the total of ~$123, (with the 40% off coupon, and including tax and shipping here to the Northwest) I ordered one as well. BTW: $279 on the Ford site ....

FordRick

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well, for the total of ~$123, (with the 40% off coupon, and including tax and shipping here to the Northwest) I ordered one as well. BTW: $279 on the Ford site ....
Darn it, I just missed out on the coupon. Tried to apply it at 10:43 PST and it says coupon expired. They must be back east cuz it expires on the 24th. For that price I was gonna get it. Now I'll just hold off. Please let us know how it works out for you.

Phinney Ridge Dave

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 MB GLK 250 Bluetec 4matic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Darn it, I just missed out on the coupon. Tried to apply it at 10:43 PST and it says coupon expired. They must be back east cuz it expires on the 24th. For that price I was gonna get it. Now I'll just hold off. Please let us know how it works out for you.

Sure thing. My hope is that this particular tent, presumably designed specifically for the Maverick, avoids any "fit" issues associated with other, oversized options. We'll see.

TedTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Got my order in just before 40% expired. $119 price shipped to San Antonio
( think they are Dallas Area based) so much cheaper to ship.

Hammer

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 VW GTI
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost