sprcoop

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL Hybrid, 66 Mustang Coupe, 2012 Focus DCT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm curious where the water goes that falls/runs between the back window and the tent? Being unibody doesn't it run into the bed under the tent? Doesn't seem ideal.

Anybody tested by tenting in a rain storm or creating your own rain storm with a hose?

OP
OP
Irvinec32

Irvinec32

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Pascal
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm curious where the water goes that falls/runs between the back window and the tent? Being unibody doesn't it run into the bed under the tent? Doesn't seem ideal.

Anybody tested by tenting in a rain storm or creating your own rain storm with a hose?
Some water would go into the truck bed and out the drain holes that are in the bed.

FloodingdowninTX

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

TedTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Amazon has the tent back online and 21% off only 109$

Sponsored

athertonbt

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL EB FWD Carb Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I picked one up from Amazon warehouse open box for $89 the other day. We'll see if it all arrives in one piece and how it fits over the roll up tonneau cover. Haven't camped in the truck bed yet, but at 6'4" looks like I'll have enough room with the tailgate down.

Padanky

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Let us know.
Quick install after work before it got dark. Fit was OK. I didn't really snug it up too tight, I didn't want it rubbing my new paint. I'll probably get a couple Harbor freight moving blankets to drop over sides. Keep in mind that it was installed pretty loose and wasn't snugged up towards the back of cab. Did not modify the connections at all. Hooked up to frame area in wheelwell, and trailing arm on suspension, corner of rear bumper. I think it could be pulled back towards the cab but straps my interfere with opening rear doors.
Ford Maverick Found a Truck Bed Tent that fits Maverick! 20230116_173225
Ford Maverick Found a Truck Bed Tent that fits Maverick! 20230116_173235

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Quick install after work before it got dark. Fit was OK. I didn't really snug it up too tight, I didn't want it rubbing my new paint. I'll probably get a couple Harbor freight moving blankets to drop over sides. Keep in mind that it was installed pretty loose and wasn't snugged up towards the back of cab. Did not modify the connections at all. Hooked up to frame area in wheelwell, and trailing arm on suspension, corner of rear bumper. I think it could be pulled back towards the cab but straps my interfere with opening rear doors.
20230116_173225.jpg
20230116_173235.jpg
Thanks! Looks interesting. I'm going to have to find a way to camp in my Maverick when I go on canoeing trips.

Sponsored

Susan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Truck bed tents are OK for Tacos and Rangers aren't they? Why all the grief about cheap recreation? Maybe Napier et. al. will jump in when more Mavericks are on the road in the next couple of years.
The Ford website now shows a Napier tent made for Maverick, but only one photo. I'd like to see more photos and maybe a setup video, since I'm a senior and thinking about solo camping. Is it easy for one person to set up?

Susan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I found a tent that fits. I think it fits pretty well. I will do a more built camper in the future, but for now, this will do.

https://amzn.to/3ChAShr
You're not planning on any wet weather at all with this setup, right? Because water is going to funnel down between the cab and the rainfly. With a unibody truck, it seems to me that you need a rainfly at least, and preferably the tent, that goes over the top of the cab like an RV tent. The Napier on Ford shows on its website is the only one like that I've ever seen, and unfortunately there's only one photo of it. Any chance you could do a video demonstrating its setup? Like I said before, I'm a senior looking at this for solo camping, so to work for me it has to be easy for one person to set up.

OP
OP
Irvinec32

Irvinec32

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Pascal
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You're not planning on any wet weather at all with this setup, right? Because water is going to funnel down between the cab and the rainfly. With a unibody truck, it seems to me that you need a rainfly at least, and preferably the tent, that goes over the top of the cab like an RV tent. The Napier on Ford shows on its website is the only one like that I've ever seen, and unfortunately there's only one photo of it. Any chance you could do a video demonstrating its setup? Like I said before, I'm a senior looking at this for solo camping, so to work for me it has to be easy for one person to set up.
This comes with a rainfly. In theory, the water should drain through the truck bed and not collect. I basically never camp in bad weather. I am a cold wimp. Haha

OP
OP
Irvinec32

Irvinec32

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Pascal
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The Ford website now shows a Napier tent made for Maverick, but only one photo. I'd like to see more photos and maybe a setup video, since I'm a senior and thinking about solo camping. Is it easy for one person to set up?
You can click the video in the original post for an abbreviated setup.
Sponsored