Sponsored

$35 dollar ultimate Maverick truck bed tent.

TedTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ok its a SUV car cover, but just look at it. Looks like a tent in the back. Simple gig or existing rails and you got support for the far end. I like that it covers the windows so I can keep my hybrid in ready mode and the keys and dash lights are not visible. There is no problemic gap between cab and bed. Easy pass through with a rear window is covered.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BGN96W6...=1&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9waG9uZV9kZXRhaWw
Sponsored

ttthhasdf

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Why not just a tarp? I guess I don't understand what your thinking

Unigear Hammock Rain Fly Waterproof Tent Tarp, UV Protection and PU 3000mm Waterproof, Lightweight for Camping, Backpacking and Outdoor Adventure https://a.co/d/76xnQW8

RockHoundTX

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 F350
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
WOW!!! That car umbrella has to be one of the stupidest things I have ever seen!!! I can only imagine the damage to the car the first time it goes through a Texas summer rainstorm with 50+ MPH winds. I can't count the number of Eazy-ups I have seen absolutely mangled after a brief storm (even those that were well strapped down) and there is no way this would be stronger than that.

OP
OP
TedTX

TedTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Why not just a tarp? I guess I don't understand what your thinking

Unigear Hammock Rain Fly Waterproof Tent Tarp, UV Protection and PU 3000mm Waterproof, Lightweight for Camping, Backpacking and Outdoor Adventure https://a.co/d/76xnQW8
There is no cost saving, car covers are made to protect the paint its got the correct shape out of the box and made to take the extreme weather for long times. Second it’s stealth nothing out of the ordinary. Includes the need straps and hooks.

Sponsored

OP
OP
TedTX

TedTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It is Free to sleep in any vehicle.
Yep wish I was shorter to fit across the backseat. The seats themselves don’t go back far enough for me to sleep easily. I have seen a guys setup to sleep inside with seats all the way back.
Passenger seat delete is been looked as a option. Numbers look good for a bed platform, but the backseat foam is really thick.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I think just a couple of bed racks and a piece of paracord tied between em would set you up nice with that.

ZachSD

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GMC Canyon 3.5L (159k)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Whenever (if ever) I get my Mav. I plan to go the hitch hammock with tarp route. Seems like a much easier solution than dealing with sub-optimal short bed tent options.
Ford Maverick $35 dollar ultimate Maverick truck bed tent. automobile-hammock-hitch-mount_400x333

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yep wish I was shorter to fit across the backseat. The seats themselves don’t go back far enough for me to sleep easily. I have seen a guys setup to sleep inside with seats all the way back.
Passenger seat delete is been looked as a option. Numbers look good for a bed platform, but the backseat foam is really thick.
Hmmmmmm🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔 Each sentence gives a separate idea for a solution except the comma in the last one triggers two ideas😂! Also your post brings back memory of when I was army medic stationed at Fort Hood getting ready to deploy to Vietnam. The national guard was called up for riot control in Detroit if I remember correctly. We spent about one week on tarmac with several c130 aircraft loaded with our hospital tents and gear. We had to stay within 100-150 feet of aircraft in ready status to get on plane. Three hot meals a day were brought to us so some mess hall had to fix those and deliver them. Since concrete is too hard to sleep on lying down even though some did, we soon discovered that three could sleep sitting up with our backs together and not tip over!🤩. We became triangle buddies! About every two hours the aircraft were started and warmed up since we were on ready status which required the engines to be warm and ready to go. After which a fuel truck would come out and top the tanks off. Thankfully the national guard never needed us!

Sponsored

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Whenever (if ever) I get my Mav. I plan to go the hitch hammock with tarp route. Seems like a much easier solution than dealing with sub-optimal short bed tent options.
automobile-hammock-hitch-mount_400x333.jpg
I'm thinking of getting that kit that gets rid of the back window and turns it into a pass through. then, I'd make a bunk from the cab to the bed. Those tents look a little strange.
Whenever I get my Mav.

TonyS

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm thinking of getting that kit that gets rid of the back window and turns it into a pass through. then, I'd make a bunk from the cab to the bed. Those tents look a little strange.
Whenever I get my Mav.
What is it you are looking at? BREEZER or something else?

Taxicag

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
WOW!!! That car umbrella has to be one of the stupidest things I have ever seen!!! I can only imagine the damage to the car the first time it goes through a Texas summer rainstorm with 50+ MPH winds. I can't count the number of Eazy-ups I have seen absolutely mangled after a brief storm (even those that were well strapped down) and there is no way this would be stronger than that.
I really love the concept. But in most of America it may as well be made out of paper. Ohh, sell it as a ”vehicular detachable kite”. Which it is.. let’s face it, it’s a no wind sunshade at best..

Braderick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav XLT, RAV4 Hybrid, KIA EV6
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
automobile-hammock-hitch-mount_400x333.jpg
If this were fully elastic...it would be fantastic!
There are a few members who know what this could really be used for.

Ford Maverick $35 dollar ultimate Maverick truck bed tent. 1674677862791
Sponsored