First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick FX4, Harley Road King Classic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Read on another thread that a Ranger owner did not get his 42,000 points because he didn't link to the modem within 60 days. Someone pointed to the FAQ and sure enough it was there:

Ford Maverick FordPass Maverick Purchase Reward Points 1638378059911

What modem activation is it talking about? Anyone get their points yet?
Sponsored

Whitenight

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat, 2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Read on another thread that a Ranger owner did not get his 42,000 points because he didn't link to the modem within 60 days. Someone pointed to the FAQ and sure enough it was there:

1638378059911.png

What modem activation is it talking about? Anyone get their points yet?
Newer Ford vehicles have a built in modem to allow you to use the vehicle for WiFi access. They give a free trial after which its costs $20 per month for unlimited data acess which is through AT&Thief.

Last edited:

thunaman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Subaru Outback
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I got my points. and have already spent them. 42,000 points = $210.

I had the Ford pass app downloaded and my VIN entered into the app before my truck was delivered. there is a place in the app that has you link with the vehicle and the vehicle will prompt you. Needless to say I was hitting this button every day and the second I turned the key to the truck the screen prompted me to accept the connection. this was the only "activation" I performed.

Funny thing when the salesman came around to "show" me that feature. I brushed him off and stated that I already had it connected. kind of deflated him as I'm pretty sure this was one of the only features he was knowledgeable about on this vehicle.

olie64

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Order maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I got my points. and have already spent them. 42,000 points = $210.

I had the Ford pass app downloaded and my VIN entered into the app before my truck was delivered. there is a place in the app that has you link with the vehicle and the vehicle will prompt you. Needless to say I was hitting this button every day and the second I turned the key to the truck the screen prompted me to accept the connection. this was the only "activation" I performed.

Funny thing when the salesman came around to "show" me that feature. I brushed him off and stated that I already had it connected. kind of deflated him as I'm pretty sure this was one of the only features he was knowledgeable about on this vehicle.

How quick were you able to spend them? Life day of purchase or a couple days after?

Enderet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Anyone know how long it takes to recieve the points? I took delivery and connected/activated mine a week ago (11/24), no points yet.
Think mine showed up about 2-3 weeks after.

Reactions: JJC

Sponsored

thunaman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Subaru Outback
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How quick were you able to spend them? Life day of purchase or a couple days after?
they hit my account 6 days after the purchase. I assume you can spend them as soon as they are credited.

AeroMech21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT (Carbonized Grey)
The dealer I bought my truck from was quick to get me to download the app and connect it for me (I had my vehicle delivered across the country) so I could track the vehicle. My points showed up in less than a week from when I downloaded app, connected/input my VIN and purchased the vehicle.

HybridOnOrder

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Going to be: Maverick XLT, Lux PKG, Moonroof, 360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Do you need a VIN to use this?

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Do you need a VIN to use this?
Yes because it allows you to control the vehicle in some cases like remote start. So you have to have the fordpass app on your device which is vin linked. So to get the points you need the app, you need to pay for the cellular wifi modem service which IIRC is $15 a month minimum and it needs to be linked to your VIN.

They also want o sell you a credit card which gives points if you use it to play for ford services like oil changes. I plan to do all of the above and keep the CC just for oil changes and pay it off right away, Dunno what happens if you deactivate the modem after you get the points for the vehicle purchase. Not sure if I will use the modem so I will have to see how it works out.

thunaman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Subaru Outback
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So to get the points you need the app, you need to pay for the cellular wifi modem service which IIRC is $15 a month minimum and it needs to be linked to your VIN.

They also want o sell you a credit card which gives points if you use it to play for ford services like oil changes. I plan to do all of the above and keep the CC just for oil changes and pay it off right away, Dunno what happens if you deactivate the modem after you get the points for the vehicle purchase. Not sure if I will use the modem so I will have to see how it works out.
I have not payed for the cellular service. they do give it to you for 3Mos free (no activation or account required) and I have not done anything beyond that but have still received my points.

They ARE hounding me to get a CC though, not interested. its not as good of a deal as my Southwest RR credit card! My wife has flown FREE as my companion for the last two years, and we are set to hit that status for next year too.

Sponsored

Enderet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
I have not payed for the cellular service. they do give it to you for 3Mos free (no activation or account required) and I have not done anything beyond that but have still received my points.

They ARE hounding me to get a CC though, not interested. its not as good of a deal as my Southwest RR credit card! My wife has flown FREE as my companion for the last two years, and we are set to hit that status for next year too.
I had to make an account to be able to turn on the wifi hotspot.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I couldn't even set up a Ford Pass rewards account. Kept giving me username and password error messages and "system error". I never had a FordPass account before, but I did have a Ford credit account for payments on our 2018 F-150. I tried using my email (username) and password from that account and got message that email account already exits. So tried to change password using that email Username- and got error messages again. Tried using another email account I never used for anything except ebay transactions- and again error message saying that account exists already. Tried changing password there too and same bs.

Anybody else experience anything like this? I'm wondering if my local dealer I buy from can help sort this out or if I need to go directly to a Ford helpline and talk to a live body???

thunaman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Subaru Outback
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had to make an account to be able to turn on the wifi hotspot.
ahh, I have not turned on the WIFI. I stand corrected. then that confirms you do not need an account to use the app.

Evil2ltr

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Alto Blue Maverick XLT AWD
Bought the cab spoiler with the points.

Reactions: JJC

Enderet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
So to get the points you need the app, you need to pay for the cellular wifi modem service which IIRC is $15 a month minimum and it needs to be linked to your VIN.
I got my points without having to pay for the wifi hotspot. I didnt mess with the wifi hotspot until weeks after I got my points. And once I did want to turn on the wifi hot spot, I was given a free trial at first. Cant remember if it is a month or more. Anyway, it is definitely independent of getting your points.
Sponsored