Sponsored

Ford stock downgraded = improved Maverick chances???

jibbersmav

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'89 780 Bertone, '01 Tundra, '95 FZJ80, '17 Bolt
I’m sure a financial downturn will slow down frivolous spending, but it won’t cancel out the need for vehicle purchases completely. The Maverick being entry level pricing (still in the range of entry level corolla and civic) won’t see massive amounts of people cancelling their orders.
Luxury purchases (like someone upgrading their G55 to a G65) might be put on hold if someone is effected by the the stock market.
I think you are unintentionally making a strawman argument. Nobody is saying anything about “cancel out the need for vehicle purchases completely” or “massive amounts of people cancelling their orders”. Simply saying there could be less people in the market for a new car, as happens during every financial downturn.
Sponsored

jtpc2021

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think you are unintentionally making a strawman argument. Nobody is saying anything about “cancel out the need for vehicle purchases completely” or “massive amounts of people cancelling their orders”. Simply saying there could be less people in the market for a new car, as happens during every financial downturn.
fine, then let me state my opinion to the OP’s query that I believe the Maverick will still be in short supply. (though some items and markets will finally shift in the buyer’s favor)
Most people will still wait 9-12 months for delivery and proceed with their purchase of the Maverick. (versus someone contemplating buying a 3rd vehicle, upgrading unnecessarily, or purchasing a toy)

wblynch

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Worry more about a housing price drop. Many markets are already 15% off their peaks from early this year. There’s definitely room for more. Fed busy keeping we commoners poor.

PriusHater

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rocketstem.org
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Bought Ford stock in the big recession when the stock dropped under $2.00 a share. Think I cleared a 750% profit on it in less than three years.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I am always amazed when stock analysts have a buy or hold rating, as a stock falls. Then when the price gets real low, they tell you to sell.

In my experience, an astute investor will buy low and sell high. Not the other way round.

I am very impressed with the design and quality of my new Fords.

Ford has a low P/E ratio and a 5% dividend yield. I bought some shares of Ford today. I think a lot of people will still need to drive even if there is a depression.
Why would anybody who knows how to make money go and tell people the right way to make money. Then everybody would do and theirs wouldnt be worth crap. Listen to analysts statistics not their reccomendations.

Sponsored

Mavonorder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I doubt a down market would do that. But somebody may look past the end of there nose and ask, we're going full bore toward EV how's that electric grid system doing?
Bingo.

jibbersmav

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'89 780 Bertone, '01 Tundra, '95 FZJ80, '17 Bolt
I doubt a down market would do that. But somebody may look past the end of there nose and ask, we're going full bore toward EV how's that electric grid system doing?
Full bore? Where is this happening?

bill67

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have looked and cannot find anywhere in the USA this is happening. I think you might have been misinformed.
I started working in electric grid in 69 retired in 02. So you are right if you can't find it then I am misinformed.thanks for letting me know.

Sponsored

SLINGSHOT

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The internal combustion engine will NEVER catch on. You can only buy fuel at drug stores and usually only a quart or two at a time. Most roads past downtown ar impassable.
Horses and mules will always be the choice for long distance travel.

bill67

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The internal combustion engine will NEVER catch on. You can only buy fuel at drug stores and usually only a quart or two at a time. Most roads past downtown ar impassable.
Horses and mules will always be the choice for long distance travel.
But you always had gas to put in them. No matter how many you produced. Now really what's point.

SLINGSHOT

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

"What's the point?", is exactly what you grandchildren will ask.

bill67

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
"What's the point?", is exactly what you grandchildren will ask.
Oh you mean pop-pop where are we going to get 2trillon to fix them problem.

SLINGSHOT

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Neo-Luddism or new Luddism is a philosophy opposing many forms of modern technology. ...
Sponsored