Ford Stainless Steel ($100) vs Decals ($20) for the tailgate WARNING

jcsan18

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
I looked at the listing but I didn't see anything about the vinyl letters being hi-viz or the thickness of vinyl.
Delzona, does your friend do regular non reflective? I like the look of regular black.
Sponsored

BorbOnXbox

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My buddy did letters for my Maverick. Hi-viz black, that really pops when the light hits it!
image0.jpeg

image1.jpeg
I would absolutely buy a set from your buddy! PM details, please?

OP
OP

Roger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger and Maverick
Delzona, does your friend do regular non reflective? I like the look of regular black.
That ebay listing has - Gloss Black, Matte Black, Reflective Black

OP
OP

Roger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger and Maverick
I looked at the listing but I didn't see anything about the vinyl letters being hi-viz or the thickness of vinyl.
I don't see the type of vinyl either. I'm sure its no secret if you ask whatever seller. I just pointed out a place I saw the decals for sale on a website vs even and email address from a company I gave out yesterday. Doesn't matte to me where people order or if they do. Its not my sales. Just saying.

I had reflective black on my Ranger tailgate and the police pulled me over and made me peel it off b/c in most states its only legal to have white and amber on the front and red on the rear. ....so watch out... cuz peeling off reflective material was no fun task.. lol

bradFORD

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't see the type of vinyl either. I'm sure its no secret if you ask whatever seller. I just pointed out a place I saw the decals for sale on a website vs even and email address from a company I gave out yesterday. Doesn't matte to me where people order or if they do. Its not my sales. Just saying.

I had reflective black on my Ranger tailgate and the police pulled me over and made me peel it off b/c in most states its only legal to have white and amber on the front and red on the rear. ....so watch out... cuz peeling off reflective material was no fun task.. lol
Not arguing but some hitch accessories and trailers have white and red reflective tape on them

Sponsored

OP
OP

Roger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger and Maverick
Not arguing but some hitch accessories and trailers have white and red reflective tape on them
I have seen the same thing for sure. Every state is different. I think it was the cop who didn't like FORD's.... just kidding!
He did show me the law thingy in the book and said I can come out and peel it off or take a ticket.
I should took the ticket.

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I guess here in AZ this isn't going to be an issue because most of the companies that offer vinyl wraps also point using hi-viz vinyl to highlight parts of your vehicle. To me why would it bad to having more reflectiveness on a vehicle. I get that have a whole vehicle wrapped in hi-viz would not be good (you just someone would do it!), but some would be helpful. I know that having it on my Harley certainly makes me feel more safe.

Deeunicorn

First Name
Denise
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Mustang
That's amazing that you got that many polished stainless steel sets that were all crap!! I ordered a set from the my local dealership and they didn't have any issues on them at all. I'm not planning on using them and will eventually post them up for sale. I only purchased them so I could let my buddy use them as a template to make Maverick vinyl letters for my Unicorn, uhm...my hybrid Maverick. He did some work for my Harley and it turned out great!! The hi-viz vinyl is dark gray/black and when the light hits it...pow! Since my Unicorn is going to be CGM I think it'll look great and at night when someone gets behind they'll know they're looking at a Maverick!! o_O 🤣 😁
Vinyls (2).jpg
Vinyls (3).jpg
Just wanted to say, that so cool you call your Maverick the Unicorn, My mustang is nicked name the Unistang. .. I'm not alone in the unicorn names!

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just wanted to say, that so cool you call your Maverick the Unicorn, My mustang is nicked name the Unistang. .. I'm not alone in the unicorn names!
Yeah, because the odds of receiving a Hybrid Maverick and seeing a Unicorn are about the same I figured that's a great name for my Mav! :rolleyes:🤣 🤣

Sponsored

Portcqb

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Lux 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If anyone gets the sticker ones listed from the ebay seller I'm curious how easy they go on. It seems like if they are thin vinyl they may be tricky with the thin parts of the letters.

OP
OP

Roger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger and Maverick
If anyone gets the sticker ones listed from the ebay seller I'm curious how easy they go on. It seems like if they are thin vinyl they may be tricky with the thin parts of the letters.
There is another post or whatever its called that someone made who purchased them. They came out great and he has some tips on where to start.
Use the wet method to apply these. Makes it very easy..

HERE IS THE LINK TO POST - https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...ttering-inserts-vinyl-decals.2866/#post-81080

Portcqb

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Lux 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost