Ford Stainless Steel ($100) vs Decals ($20) for the tailgate WARNING

Roger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger and Maverick
So I was thinking of adding some decals on the back of my Maverick tailgate just like I did to my Ranger. I couldn't find anyone selling decals so I decided to order the Ford stainless steel ones. I got them and they were horrible. Right from the Ford dealership. I went back and got them exchanged. Again same thing. So I got a refund. Then I contacted a different dealership in case they got a different batch. The first dealership was local so I could drive back and forth but I decided to order far away and get them mailed. Again, same crap. Burn marks all over them and the 3M tape on the back was melted and unusable. I couldn't be bothered to mail them back. So I decided to contact the guy who I got my Ranger decals from who sells on etsy and ebay and long story short I paid $20 for amazing fitting decals.

I'm not sure he has them posted yet but you can always contact him at [email protected]

I'll post pics of them applied in a few days once my truck is back from ceramic coating.

The first bunch of pics are what I got 3 times for $100 plus load of headaches. The last pic are the decals for $20

Ford Maverick Ford Stainless Steel ($100) vs Decals ($20) for the tailgate   WARNING IMG_5239

Ford Maverick Ford Stainless Steel ($100) vs Decals ($20) for the tailgate   WARNING IMG_5240

Ford Maverick Ford Stainless Steel ($100) vs Decals ($20) for the tailgate   WARNING IMG_5254

Ford Maverick Ford Stainless Steel ($100) vs Decals ($20) for the tailgate   WARNING IMG_5255

Ford Maverick Ford Stainless Steel ($100) vs Decals ($20) for the tailgate   WARNING IMG_5256

Ford Maverick Ford Stainless Steel ($100) vs Decals ($20) for the tailgate   WARNING IMG_5257

Ford Maverick Ford Stainless Steel ($100) vs Decals ($20) for the tailgate   WARNING IMG_5258

Ford Maverick Ford Stainless Steel ($100) vs Decals ($20) for the tailgate   WARNING IMG_5259

Ford Maverick Ford Stainless Steel ($100) vs Decals ($20) for the tailgate   WARNING IMG_5260

Ford Maverick Ford Stainless Steel ($100) vs Decals ($20) for the tailgate   WARNING IMG_5261

Ford Maverick Ford Stainless Steel ($100) vs Decals ($20) for the tailgate   WARNING IMG_5262

Ford Maverick Ford Stainless Steel ($100) vs Decals ($20) for the tailgate   WARNING IMG_5263

Ford Maverick Ford Stainless Steel ($100) vs Decals ($20) for the tailgate   WARNING IMG_5264

Ford Maverick Ford Stainless Steel ($100) vs Decals ($20) for the tailgate   WARNING IMG_5265

Ford Maverick Ford Stainless Steel ($100) vs Decals ($20) for the tailgate   WARNING Decals
Sponsored

OP
OP

Roger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger and Maverick
And if anyone wants to buy my stainless steel set $50... and I'll remove this post if someone pays for them. No returns. Comes in the box from Ford OEM product. PM me if you want them. Paypal only

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So I was thinking of adding some decals on the back of my Maverick tailgate just like I did to my Ranger. I couldn't find anyone selling decals so I decided to order the Ford stainless steel ones. I got them and they were horrible. Right from the Ford dealership. I went back and got them exchanged. Again same thing. So I got a refund. Then I contacted a different dealership in case they got a different batch. The first dealership was local so I could drive back and forth but I decided to order far away and get them mailed. Again, same crap. Burn marks all over them and the 3M tape on the back was melted and unusable. I couldn't be bothered to mail them back. So I decided to contact the guy who I got my Ranger decals from who sells on etsy and ebay and long story short I paid $20 for amazing fitting decals.

I'm not sure he has them posted yet but you can always contact him at [email protected]

I'll post pics of them applied in a few days once my truck is back from ceramic coating.

The first bunch of pics are what I got 3 times for $100 plus load of headaches. The last pic are the decals for $20

IMG_5239.jpg

IMG_5240.jpg

IMG_5254.jpg

IMG_5255.jpg

IMG_5256.jpg

IMG_5257.jpg

IMG_5258.jpg

IMG_5259.jpg

IMG_5260.jpg

IMG_5261.jpg

IMG_5262.jpg

IMG_5263.jpg

IMG_5264.jpg

IMG_5265.jpg

Decals.jpg
That's amazing that you got that many polished stainless steel sets that were all crap!! I ordered a set from the my local dealership and they didn't have any issues on them at all. I'm not planning on using them and will eventually post them up for sale. I only purchased them so I could let my buddy use them as a template to make Maverick vinyl letters for my Unicorn, uhm...my hybrid Maverick. He did some work for my Harley and it turned out great!! The hi-viz vinyl is dark gray/black and when the light hits it...pow! Since my Unicorn is going to be CGM I think it'll look great and at night when someone gets behind they'll know they're looking at a Maverick!! o_O 🤣 😁
Ford Maverick Ford Stainless Steel ($100) vs Decals ($20) for the tailgate   WARNING Vinyls (2)
Ford Maverick Ford Stainless Steel ($100) vs Decals ($20) for the tailgate   WARNING Vinyls (3)

john218

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL, Mercedes C300
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's amazing that you got that many polished stainless steel sets that were all crap!! I ordered a set from the my local dealership and they didn't have any issues on them at all. I'm not planning on using them and will eventually post them up for sale. I only purchased them so I could let my buddy use them as a template to make Maverick vinyl letters for my Unicorn, uhm...my hybrid Maverick. He did some work for my Harley and it turned out great!! The hi-viz vinyl is dark gray/black and when the light hits it...pow! Since my Unicorn is going to be CGM I think it'll look great and at night when someone gets behind they'll know they're looking at a Maverick!! o_O 🤣 😁
Vinyls (2).jpg
Vinyls (3).jpg
Delzona, are you willing to share the contact info for your buddy so that I might order from him? If so, PM me.
Thanks for your consideration.

NCbronco

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick2017 F250, 2017 CR-V, 1974 Bronco
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Vinyls (2).jpg
Vinyls (3).jpg
I would like to order from him also if that` possible. Just let me know ? Thanks

Sponsored

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Delzona, are you willing to share the contact info for your buddy so that I might order from him? If so, PM me.
Thanks for your consideration.
Sure thing, I'll PM you.

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My buddy did letters for my Maverick. Hi-viz black, that really pops when the light hits it!
Ford Maverick Ford Stainless Steel ($100) vs Decals ($20) for the tailgate   WARNING image0

Ford Maverick Ford Stainless Steel ($100) vs Decals ($20) for the tailgate   WARNING image1

Sponsored

LadyMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
SJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Vinyls (2).jpg
Vinyls (3).jpg
Contact info please, need for my 🌵Mav! Thx!!

RebellaE

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, Lux, 360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Vinyls (2).jpg
Vinyls (3).jpg
I'd like the contact info as well, or maybe when he's done with the set-up, get permission to post his ordering info? These would be an amazing addition to my Maverick.

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'd like the contact info as well, or maybe when he's done with the set-up, get permission to post his ordering info? These would be an amazing addition to my Maverick.
PM sent
Sponsored