marp

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura, Honda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
EDIT: There's a delay between locking the truck and the impact sensor activating. A post in a different forum said one minute. I waited five and then the impact sensor did pick up movement.

I ordered a Ford Perimeter Plus vehicle security system (KN1Z-19A361-A) and installed it today. However, I can't get the impact sensor to work.

Detail:
  1. I installed the pigtail in-line to the OBD port.
  2. Plugged the cable into the perimeter plus (leaving it on the floorboard at that time).
  3. Closed the driver door, put key in the ignition, turned the vehicle on (waited for IPC boot), turned the ignition off.
  4. I heard the doors automatically lock and then unlock.
  5. I exited the vehicle, closed the door, and locked it.
  6. At this time the horn honked twice. Which was different because usually it'll lock with no horn on first press and one horn honk on second press.
  7. Tried the auto-start which worked (Yay!).
  8. Unlocked the truck and mounted the perimeter plus onto the posts sticking out of the firewall (photo below).
  9. Exited the truck, pressed the lock button, and no honk. Pressing it a second time did produce a single honk.
  10. No amount of jostling/slapping the truck would cause the impact sensor to register (alarm).
  11. I adjusted the knob from minimum, to maximum, to middle (each time exiting, locking, and jostling/slapping) to no avail.
Ford Maverick Ford Perimeter Plus - Impact Sensor Not Working? - SOLVED IMG_7007_edited.JPG

Is there a step I missed to activate the impact sensor?

I've searched the forum but couldn't find an answer. :(
Sponsored

Last edited:

Hunters Edge

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 crew
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered a Ford Perimeter Plus vehicle security system (KN1Z-19A361-A) and installed it today. However, I can't get the impact sensor to work.

Detail:
  1. I installed the pigtail in-line to the OBD port.
  2. Plugged the cable into the perimeter plus (leaving it on the floorboard at that time).
  3. Closed the driver door, put key in the ignition, turned the vehicle on (waited for IPC boot), turned the ignition off.
  4. I heard the doors automatically lock and then unlock.
  5. I exited the vehicle, closed the door, and locked it.
  6. At this time the horn honked twice. Which was different because usually it'll lock with no horn on first press and one horn honk on second press.
  7. Tried the auto-start which worked (Yay!).
  8. Unlocked the truck and mounted the perimeter plus onto the posts sticking out of the firewall (photo below).
  9. Exited the truck, pressed the lock button, and no honk. Pressing it a second time did produce a single honk.
  10. No amount of jostling/slapping the truck would cause the impact sensor to register (alarm).
  11. I adjusted the knob from minimum, to maximum, to middle (each time exiting, locking, and jostling/slapping) to no avail.
IMG_7007_edited.JPG

Is there a step I missed to activate the impact sensor?

I've searched the forum but couldn't find an answer. :(
I can't help you but I did see an install video on u-tube of perimeter plus. I searched for it and here is the link below and hopefully it will help you. Just a guess your vehicle may need a certain trim for it to work properly, unless it states on the packaging otherwise. Good luck🤞

OP
OP
marp

marp

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura, Honda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think I figured it out. I did a google search and found someone having a similar issue on their F150. The answer? After I lock the truck, there's a delay before the impact sensor activates. I couldn't find this in the operating instructions that came with the perimeter plus; but, the F150 post said one minute. I waited more than that and then tugged/released the door handle. The truck honked. 😁

The sensitivity is still set mid-range. I'll tweak it one way and another and check how much effort it takes and what duration I have to wait (unless there's an official install guide somewhere that details this?).

Ken L

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Kia Soul
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If I remember correctly, the installation instructions said to use the included nylon tied from diagonally opposite corners of the module to solid points. That is how the dealer had mine mounted when I took delivery.
It does take 20-30 seconds for the system to arm. I do have the optional led light that tells me, slow steady blinks, when the system is armed. It does work quite well. If I told the side mirror in or even hit the tread of a fire to clean the snow brush, it will give the one horn beep notification. If I pull the mirror out and let it snap into driving position of close the tailgate, it will go into full alarm, horn, lights and the notification on the Ford Pass app on my phone.

Ken

OP
OP
marp

marp

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura, Honda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I re-read through the owner's manual and it does mention "pre-arm" time of 10-20 seconds - after which the security system will arm. This was in a section describing the LED behavior. And, since I don't have the LED, my brain just skipped over and didn't read it. lol

I'll experiment tomorrow but I'm guessing 20 seconds after locking the truck I should be able to get the impact sensor to bark.
Sponsored