First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kia Forte
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered a hybrid 1st edition on Friday. Stopped in today to get a signed slip with build and price on it like I had been advised here. Found out that when their person tried to send in my order it bounced because they are no longer doing hybrid 1st edition.

I changed it to a lariat hybrid and was told it went thru, so all I lost put on is the decals, but dammit....
Sponsored

utaaah

First Name
Yuqiao
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti
It’s not only the hybrid ones. My dealer told me the first edition package is no longer available…

OP
OP
Dechion

Dechion

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kia Forte
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was hoping to get one, but such is life. At least they didn't stop taking hybrid orders.

I wonder what the reason for stopping was. Maybe they ran out of decals? Thats the only thing I see that not available otherwise.

rothnic

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My hybrid lariat FE order also couldn't be placed as of late last week. They manually added the wheels and sunroof, which made it a little bit cheaper than the FE, but I do wish I could have gotten it.

OP
OP
Dechion

Dechion

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kia Forte
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My hybrid lariat FE order also couldn't be placed as of late last week. They manually added the wheels and sunroof, which made it a little bit cheaper than the FE, but I do wish I could have gotten it.
I ended up skipping the wheels and tonneau cover, just added the sunroof. Dropped the price by about 800 or so over the FE package.

I figure a tonneau I can easily add later (and cheaper). The rims weren't different enough to justify the added expense for me, but thats just personal taste as I like both designs about equally.

Sponsored

JBnorthTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2013 Honda CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I was hoping to get one, but such is life. At least they didn't stop taking hybrid orders.

I wonder what the reason for stopping was. Maybe they ran out of decals? Thats the only thing I see that not available otherwise.
I suspect the reason is any Maverick orders taken now may not be able to be produced in the 2022 model year run. That's currently happening with 2021 Mustang orders being canceled and changed to 2022 model year vehicles. The 1st edition obviously can only be a '22 MY truck, so they don't want any "leftover" orders they can't build. It probably won't be long before all '22 MY Maverick orders are stopped.

rothnic

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ended up skipping the wheels and tonneau cover, just added the sunroof. Dropped the price by about 800 or so over the FE package.
Yeah, I was going to drop the wheels as well, but just didn't want to have to go back and forth with the sales rep again via email. I might see later on if they can remove it. Either way I'm fine with it.

I agree that for the cover I am not 100% sure what I want to do with the bed and whether that particular cover was what I would want anyways. I'll have plenty of time to figure that out.

OP
OP
Dechion

Dechion

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kia Forte
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I suspect the reason is any Maverick orders taken now may not be able to be produced in the 2022 model year run. That's currently happening with 2021 Mustang orders being canceled and changed to 2022 model year vehicles. The 1st edition obviously can only be a '22 MY truck, so they don't want any "leftover" orders they can't build. It probably won't be long before all '22 MY Maverick orders are stopped.
Thats my guess as well, after thinking about it for a bit.

I was going to say I doubt they will quit taking orders altogether, but since there is already talk of not taking hybrid orders soon it wouldn't surprise me.

I'm glad I got my hybrid order in under the wire. Hopefully I see it by next summer.

TheShark

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat Tremor, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

So I guess for the ones who ordered the FE especially hybrids and actually take delivery it will make our trucks all that rarer.

Red Ryder

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Iconic Silver
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Interesting, I recall Tim Bartz addressing the 1st Edition model year question by saying it was a "trim level" and not limited to the 1st model year. I could have misunderstood his intent.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Dechion

Dechion

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kia Forte
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah, I was going to drop the wheels as well, but just didn't want to have to go back and forth with the sales rep again via email. I might see later on if they can remove it. Either way I'm fine with it.

I agree that for the cover I am not 100% sure what I want to do with the bed and whether that particular cover was what I would want anyways. I'll have plenty of time to figure that out.
I kinda figured that the extra I am not spending on the rims and soft tonneau can go towards other accessories.

Probably going to get a truxedo soft tonneau (for less than ford wants) and possibly a set of fender flares once I see some pics of others that have them installed.

TheShark

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat Tremor, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Interesting, I recall Tim Bartz addressing the 1st Edition model year question by saying it was a "trim level" and not limited to the 1st model year. I could have misunderstood his intent.
No First Editions are common across makes and models and are exactly that, first year special editions. They certainly are considered trim levels but only for the first year.
Sponsored