2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Ford definitely should've done a better job on the rollover orders. They either shouldn't have taken ANY new orders until November-December and focused on scheduling the rollovers before allowing new ones or they should've given rollovers higher priority. I have both a canceled VIN and a rollover 22. Ford gave the canceled VINs a priority 2 and I was scheduled the very next week as it should've. My rollover still has not been scheduled. They should've made all rollovers a priority 5 or at least somewhere between 2 and 10 so they could at least identify those and get them scheduled over priority 10s at dealers who had none.

If Ford would've just done it correctly from the beginning, I'm sure all canceled and rollover orders would've been scheduled by now, if not delivered, and there would be a lot less pissed off people, myself included.
Sponsored

Last edited:

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Of 80k each?
I read it's mostly increased Maverick production. I was told by someone at Ford that they do have increased Hybrid parts coming online, and that much of the increase will be hybrids. They also just added hybrid sales to Brazil this year, so hopefully this makes up for that.

Old Man

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford doesn't set order priority, the dealer does. Some dealers set rollovers with a 10 to 14 and new orders to 15. Some set all the same. Still comes down to regional and dealer allocation which priority 10s get built and which ones will stay in the unscheduled queue. And what parts they don't have.

And as I keep saying, it's not just Ford that does this. GM and Stellantis also do. Read their forums and you will see the same bitching of why did someone elses order get built before mine, why don't they make more faster, we should sue them for keeping us waiting. How about they go to a process like Japanese car makers do, here is what we built, take it or leave it.

Last edited:

OmgWeAreGettingOne

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xlt hybrid ionic silver lux package 360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I get a kick out of folks that let us know when they received their Maverick but fail to document when it was ordered. I think that is an important piece of the puzzle.
I ordered mine sept 15 right when the banks opened. Took em an hour to get it through due to system issues. Got scheduled 3 weeks ago for April 10. Xlt hybrid lux 360 iconic silver.

Grumpa

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler Pacifica Honda Civic Chevy Sonic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm hoping to get mine before the 3rd shift starts up. I certainly wouldn't want one from the first week of the 3rd shift.
Let's hope it is not the third sh....T! lol

Sponsored

UpNorthBuckeye

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Expedtn, 17PriusV,22 Mavrk XLT hybridHPR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm just glad I picked up some more Ford Stock a few months ago. It's back over $13 today, and hoping it will get back into the $18 to $20 range. Great dividend, even if it doesn't go up in face value. Ford is doing well.

bc22

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm just glad I picked up some more Ford Stock a few months ago. It's back over $13 today, and hoping it will get back into the $18 to $20 range. Great dividend, even if it doesn't go up in face value. Ford is doing well.
That special (and regular) dividend payout on the first of this month was incredible. More than a 6% payout just for one quarter.

CZaugg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid, 2021 Toyota Venza
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

CZaugg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'll assume this means the supply chain has finally untangled, as that was the main contraining factor for most models.
The supply issue must be resolved. Wouldn't make any sense to add another shift if they didn't have enough parts to complete the job. I'm in the 500 Club still waiting for my Oct. 2021 order to arrive. Constraints was the reason I was told my order is taking so long.

CZaugg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The truth is that since the prices for the Lightning have increased so much more than a few people are not taking delivery or their vehicle, nor planning to complete the order process when their slot in line finally comes up. I have a friend that reserved four Lightnings when they were only $40k. Then crickets from Ford. Finally bought one off a lot for around $80K and declined two others at the original dealer that were $90-100k range and had been sitting there for weeks at MSRP. Likely will not order his reserved four at the current price points either. And he is not the only one.
I wonder how many tanks of gasoline it would take to justify the cost of switching over to all electric? Need to figure in also the increase in electric bill. Perhaps buying solar panels to get free electric? I wonder how much it would cost to buy solar panels? Huummmm. 🤔 Wait a minute, I would be charging the vehicle batteries at night when the sun has gone down. So that means I would have to get electric from the grid. Wait a minute . . . forget buying solar panels then. To complicated for me. Perhaps I'll save the $ on the Lightning and just settle for a little Maverick and continue buying gasoline in small amounts. Now when gas gets around $25+ per gallon, maybe I will look into the all electric mode of transportation. 🤪
I'm hoping to get mine before the 3rd shift starts up. I certainly wouldn't want one from the first week of the 3rd shift.
Are you concerned about unskilled workers building your little dream machine?

Sponsored

AHarris67

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 EB 2.5 XLT 302A, 2004 Chevy 1500HD 4x4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Dealer told me I am priority 10 above everyone else and now I read this. Getting a sliver of hope that I might see my Maverick this summer!

Grabber Rick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Focus wagon 06 Silverado 4x4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford doesn't set order priority, the dealer does. Some dealers set rollovers with a 10 to 14 and new orders to 15. Some set all the same. Still comes down to regional and dealer allocation which priority 10s get built and which ones will stay in the unscheduled queue. And what parts they don't have.

And as I keep saying, it's not just Ford that does this. GM and Stellantis also do. Read their forums and you will see the same bitching of why did someone elses order get built before mine, why don't they make more faster, we should sue them for keeping usxwaiting. How about they go to a process like Japanese car makers do, here is what we built, take it or leave it.
I work in Slippery Rock Pa. and the Chevy dealer there has 4-6 Silverado's on the lot. Seems they have no issue with stock.

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost