FriarPop

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Ford giving themselves a trophy for exporting jobs out of the country, lol. How about we get an independent award for quality, and bring those jobs back to a state not run by the cartel.
Sponsored

Last edited:

KenC

Banned
Banned
First Name
First
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck.
Local Toyota dealership has self given awards all over their walls.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford giving themselves a trophy for exporting jobs out of the country, lol. How about we get an independent award for quality, and bring those jobs back to a state not run by the cartel.
Guess you never heard of USMCA? It is the revised version of NAFTA. There won't be any "bringing those jobs back" under these trade agreements. US is locked in to keeping a certain amount of our manufacturing in Mexico and a big chunk of that is cars.

https://ustr.gov/trade-agreements/free-trade-agreements/united-states-mexico-canada-agreement

FriarPop

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Guess you never heard of USMCA? It is the revised version of NAFTA. There won't be any "bringing those jobs back" under these trade agreements. US is locked in to keeping a certain amount of our manufacturing in Mexico and a big chunk of that is cars.

https://ustr.gov/trade-agreements/free-trade-agreements/united-states-mexico-canada-agreement
Yea, and sadly foreign cars are more American made than American companies cars. Ford is taking too much advantage of the situation.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yea, and sadly foreign cars are more American made than American companies cars. Ford is taking too much advantage of the situation.
another way of looking at it is the more trade and manufacturing there is between the 3 countries on this continent the less we will be impacted by future supply chain issues where goods have to cross an ocean (or 2) and need to waste time in ports on both ends of the journey.

Sponsored

Suzukiridr14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1956 THunderbird , 2016 Acura MDX (Wifes car)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

JD power is a joke. Hasnt been a real award in decades.
JD power gets their money from manufacturers. Who ever pays the most wins. You wont find any hard proof of that, but connect the dots.
Its the reason why GM and Hyundai always win. Their the only ones that care about the awards so they are the only ones that pay.
That may be true, but I had 2 Hyundais, and they both had build quality hard to beat! My Maverick Lariat is what I expected from Ford. And remember it's a "truck" not a car.

yb98

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 camery & 22 XL AWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Mavonorder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Did the bed sprayin people win Ford's best Associate of the year?
Well... At least the line worker(s) tried to fix an issue (blocked drains due to spray in liner, I believe) they noticed as the trucks were being built. I recall a story my late uncle told us when he worked at Chrysler decades ago. He had a terrible line job of mounting the spare tire in the trunk and when he bolted it down, the tire fit so snuggly in the sheet metal mold that it wouldn't easily come back out after the fastener was removed. He tried telling the line manger and was told to keep installing the spares. I feel sorry for anyone needing to use the spare on that model while on the roadside!

KSC Grey Ghost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How sad ☹👎 recall after recall can not put out any large product numbers takes too many orders. No communication with their customers But Ford is Number One with their Vehicles for recalls over 7 Million Recalls Next is Tesla's at about 1 1/2 Million and the rest But Ford gives himself a trophy for quality control what a joke Unreal !!!!!! 😱👎☹ 🇺🇸 Number One 👻

Sponsored

LM42

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yeah the other plants must be bad if Hermosillo was #1. Already had two Maverick recalls in just the first year and that doesn't count the other issues that Ford won't admit to.
As someone in the auto service business, some of the posts in these forums make me cross eyed and want to punch myself. You know that the assembly plant has absolutely nothing to do with recalls and part failures, yes?

TNFurb

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco Sport OB ‘24 Mav Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would also argue that Ford is not giving “themself” an ”award“ and it is not meant to be compared to or touted vs other car companies. It’s strictly an internal means of recognizing and motivating the workers at their assembly plants for doing work that is better compared to other Ford assembly plants. All large companies do similar things. There is nothing wrong with this practice.
Sponsored