First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm considering purchasing a Ford ESP - the Premium Care Plan. For those who have purchased this plan before, what has been your general experiences? Normally I wouldn't consider buying something like this but its a new hybrid vehicle with yet to be proven reliability.

I'm a little confused on how it all works. To be sure, this plan begins the day I bought it? This part doesn't make sense. So I'm essentially paying to cover my truck while its already covered? Maybe someone can explain what I'm missing. Why wouldn't it start after my basic warranty expires?

How difficult is it to use this service plan? If I have an issue, can any Ford dealership refuse to service it for whatever reason?

Are there any additional costs to use this beyond what deductible I choose?

Anything else I should be aware of?

Thanks.
Sponsored

Donald

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm considering purchasing a Ford ESP - the Premium Care Plan. For those who have purchased this plan before, what has been your general experiences? Normally I wouldn't consider buying something like this but its a new hybrid vehicle with yet to be proven reliability.

I'm a little confused on how it all works. To be sure, this plan begins the day I bought it? This part doesn't make sense. So I'm essentially paying to cover my truck while its already covered? Maybe someone can explain what I'm missing. Why wouldn't it start after my basic warranty expires?

How difficult is it to use this service plan? If I have an issue, can any Ford dealership refuse to service it for whatever reason?

Are there any additional costs to use this beyond what deductible I choose?

Anything else I should be aware of?

Thanks.
Copied from Granger

Ford Maverick Ford Extended Service Plan Review 5B64EDEC-6646-4E73-BFE2-222ED2F0F80F

Ford Maverick Ford Extended Service Plan Review 4DE7AC45-B5B9-4790-BFA4-B4D9693B8533

Ford Maverick Ford Extended Service Plan Review 3CA7A258-3996-41EE-BEA1-5CDFAD7A30C5

OP
OP
Derek's Maverick

Derek's Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Copied from Granger

5B64EDEC-6646-4E73-BFE2-222ED2F0F80F.png

4DE7AC45-B5B9-4790-BFA4-B4D9693B8533.png

3CA7A258-3996-41EE-BEA1-5CDFAD7A30C5.png
Thanks but I've already taken the time to read that. I'm looking for reviews from people who have used it rather than from someone trying to sell me something. Appreciate you trying to help tho.

Shakesbear

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
J. R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat AWD, FX4, 4K, Lux, no CP360 assist
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks but I've already taken the time to read that. I'm looking for reviews from people who have used it rather than from someone trying to sell me something. Appreciate you trying to help tho.
BTB warranty is still in place. So really nothing to compare to 😉 Come back after at least 5 years to get any relevant data 🤷‍♂️

Donald

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not trying to sell anything. You said you thought the extended warranty started when you bought it. It states it starts when the vehicle was sold new from the dealer.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Derek's Maverick

Derek's Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not trying to sell anything. You said you thought the extended warranty started when you bought it. It states it starts when the vehicle was sold new from the dealer.
Didn't mean you were trying to sell, just the site you showed. Haha, could have explained better.

Markii56

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold the Avalon 12/22/23
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was in the business a long time, and every manufacturer I dealt with started the extended warranty on the day the vehicle was first sold new. Why? 1) Because they can, and 2) it's much easier for the manufacturer to track the original in-service date. It's been this way forever, I doubt it will ever change, so... live with it.

I'm pretty sure Ford's hybrid system is still based on Toyota's (that's what they used in their first Hybrid, the 2005 Escape Hybrid). It's proven to be one of the most reliable powertrains out there. I know most people have purchased an extended warranty because they fear the vehicle might be unreliable, but- to me- that's antiquated thinking. Purchasing an ESP today is a hedge against inflation. Point in case: my 2013 Avalon Hybrid. I bought it a year and a half ago, and purchased a 4-year/ 60,000 mile warranty for $2200. That sounded too LOW to me, but they assured me that was the correct price. I snapped it up immediately, and in that year and a half they have had to replace the steering column and numerous A/C parts (and nothing hybrid related). Total cost so far? $7,200, and I'm out only $300 in deductibles. Any way you figure it, I'm way ahead of the game, and I still have 2.5 years/ 48,000 miles left on this warranty. The Avalon Hybrid has a reputation as a very reliable car, but when something does break, hold on to your hat...

Mav_RICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was in the business a long time, and every manufacturer I dealt with started the extended warranty on the day the vehicle was first sold new. Why? 1) Because they can, and 2) it's much easier for the manufacturer to track the original in-service date. It's been this way forever, I doubt it will ever change, so... live with it.

I'm pretty sure Ford's hybrid system is still based on Toyota's (that's what they used in their first Hybrid, the 2005 Escape Hybrid). It's proven to be one of the most reliable powertrains out there. I know most people have purchased an extended warranty because they fear the vehicle might be unreliable, but- to me- that's antiquated thinking. Purchasing an ESP today is a hedge against inflation. Point in case: my 2013 Avalon Hybrid. I bought it a year and a half ago, and purchased a 4-year/ 60,000 mile warranty for $2200. That sounded too LOW to me, but they assured me that was the correct price. I snapped it up immediately, and in that year and a half they have had to replace the steering column and numerous A/C parts (and nothing hybrid related). Total cost so far? $7,200, and I'm out only $300 in deductibles. Any way you figure it, I'm way ahead of the game, and I still have 2.5 years/ 48,000 miles left on this warranty. The Avalon Hybrid has a reputation as a very reliable car, but when something does break, hold on to your hat...
I have a 2016 Mazda CX5 with extended warranty to 7 years and 65k miles which is about to expire. Never used the ESP but man if you need a repair, look out. I plan on shopping a plan for my Maverick and covering for at least as long as I did the Mazda.

Ponchsox

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
After declining a few warranty options, I was offered 4/60,000 Ford PremiumCare zero deductible with rental for $895. I thought it was worth it and got the paperwork. This was Mullinax in Florida.

Last edited:

strictor53

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I have had two Fusion hybrids one 190,000 and one 205,000 miles, in all that time, the only thing I had to do was oil service and tires. No brakes, fuel pump, AC issues, however my last one I had my rear camera seems to be going out.

Sponsored

DaVicar

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Subaru Crosstrek, 2023 Maverick Lariat hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I briefly thought about getting one of the ESP plans.

Talking to Ford in regards to the questions you asked provided me with some answers.

Ford Protect Sales Information 1-877-794-6434 M-F 9am-7pm EST

For example, you purchase the 5 year program, at the time of purchase, you get 2 additional warranty years. A few perks you get with the plan is a loaner car, and ignition key coverage. There was something else, but it slipped my mind.You have until the 12 month, 12,000 mile target to buy the ESP. The Ford rep kept insisting that it was better to buy the policy at time of purchase, because the price would go up, but only because Ford's pricing naturally increases with time, not because you waited 12 months.

It's tough to do an apples to apples comparison when shopping for this, it seems. I just used the Ford site to build a spread sheet, imputing the years/mileage options. Perhaps make one yourself with your parameters, bring it to the finance guy, and haggle.

In the end, I will put the $ into a CD, or other savings instrument.

Art Vandelay

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Lariat Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I picked up my new Maverick today and I was also considering an extended warranty. Like the OP, it's not something I usually purchase with a vehicle but I'm on the fence about getting one for the Maverick. The dealership tried hard to sell me a third party warranty for over $3,000 for 10 years 100K miles with a $100 deductible. I kept telling them several times that I wasn't interested because I'd rather go with Ford's ESP if I'm purchasing one at all and I didn't recognize the name of the third party they were selling. I can get Ford's PremiumCare from Flood Ford with the same coverage levels for $1,800.

I'll have to decide soon if it's a worthwhile investment or not but right now I'm leaning toward not getting one.

Art Vandelay

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Lariat Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes, it's always been this way and it does confuse a lot of people. Basically if it's a new car you subtract 3 years from the total coverage they say you're getting on the extended warranty.

TheSEARCH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I briefly thought about getting one of the ESP plans.

Talking to Ford in regards to the questions you asked provided me with some answers.

Ford Protect Sales Information 1-877-794-6434 M-F 9am-7pm EST

For example, you purchase the 5 year program, at the time of purchase, you get 2 additional warranty years. A few perks you get with the plan is a loaner car, and ignition key coverage. There was something else, but it slipped my mind.You have until the 12 month, 12,000 mile target to buy the ESP. The Ford rep kept insisting that it was better to buy the policy at time of purchase, because the price would go up, but only because Ford's pricing naturally increases with time, not because you waited 12 months.

It's tough to do an apples to apples comparison when shopping for this, it seems. I just used the Ford site to build a spread sheet, imputing the years/mileage options. Perhaps make one yourself with your parameters, bring it to the finance guy, and haggle.

In the end, I will put the $ into a CD, or other savings instrument.
You said
"For example, you purchase the 5 year program, at the time of purchase, you get 2 additional warranty years"

Does this apply to other length plans an added 2 years I never heard of that?? Was that JUST that dealer?

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You said
"For example, you purchase the 5 year program, at the time of purchase, you get 2 additional warranty years"

Does this apply to other length plans an added 2 years I never heard of that?? Was that JUST that dealer?
What they mean by "added 2 years" is that there is already a bumper to bumper warranty for 3 years/36K miles that we all get for purchasing a new truck. It is part of the sales price. If you have warranty claims during the first 3 years/36K miles, the claim is going on the factory provided warranty that we ALL have.

If you buy a 5 year ESP, that means you are only "buying" 2 extra years of coverage. Since 5 minus 3 is 2.

If you buy a 7 year ESP, that means you are only "buying" 4 extra years of coverage. Since 7 minus 3 is 4.

If you buy a 10 year ESP, that means you are only "buying" 7 extra years of coverage. Since 10 minus 3 is 7.
Sponsored