First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Now for the admin to shut this thread down or revoke my privedges! Hehehehe.....ill never be out of the doghouse!

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We will know if the Maverick is a huge success if it takes a place in Hawaii’s top 3 and knocks off some RAV4/CRV states

Sponsored

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
One thing that is a little misleading though is that they categorize the trucks by "series".

So a Ram 1500, 2500, 3500 all just count as a Ram because they are on kind of the same basic chassis to some extent. But a Ford Escape, Bronco Sport, and Maverick won't count as one vehicle even though they are all on the same chassis too.

Ditto if you add together all Subaru products because they are all now on a single global architecture, that would increase its rank dramatically.

It'd be interesting to see what the numbers would be if they just showed a Ram 1500 or Ford F-150 individually, particularly if they discount those that are commercial/fleet vehicle sales for work and only look at private passenger vehicles.

OP
OP

pointillistic

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat
The choice of color is wrong, Ford red states, Toyota - blue.

OP
OP

pointillistic

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat
One thing that is a little misleading though is that they categorize the trucks by "series".

So a Ram 1500, 2500, 3500 all just count as a Ram because they are on kind of the same basic chassis to some extent. But a Ford Escape, Bronco Sport, and Maverick won't count as one vehicle even though they are all on the same chassis too.

Ditto if you add together all Subaru products because they are all now on a single global architecture, that would increase its rank dramatically.

It'd be interesting to see what the numbers would be if they just showed a Ram 1500 or Ford F-150 individually, particularly if they discount those that are commercial/fleet vehicle sales for work and only look at private passenger vehicles.
Even though Ford F Series has different models, they are all the same brand, not the case for Bronco, Maverick, Escape, etc. Hence different brand names.

OP
OP

pointillistic

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat
We will know if the Maverick is a huge success if it takes a place in Hawaii’s top 3 and knocks off some RAV4/CRV states
the only states without Ford in the top three: NJ, HW, CA, DC, CT, NY

Last edited:

bombast

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Even though Ford F Series has different models, they are all the same brand, not the case for Bronco, Maverick, Escape, etc. Hence different brand names.
Going to be honest - Can't recall the last time I ever heard someone say "Hey, I got myself a new F series vehicle last week." People treat the different Ford trucks as entirely different things.

Alternatively, I do always hear people refer to their RAM trucks just as RAMs though, regardless of series. I wonder if that indicates more 'brand integrity' or RAM is just a satisfying thing to call a truck and the number ruins it.

Sponsored
OP
OP

pointillistic

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat
Going to be honest - Can't recall the last time I ever heard someone say "Hey, I got myself a new F series vehicle last week." People treat the different Ford trucks as entirely different things.

Alternatively, I do always hear people refer to their RAM trucks just as RAMs though, regardless of series. I wonder if that indicates more 'brand integrity' or RAM is just a satisfying thing to call a truck and the number ruins it.
this is one of those cases when for people on the inside they are very different but for everyone else and for marketing it is just a Ford Truck.

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford is the brand, they are all Fords. If you mean models, the F-150, F-250, F-350 etc are all unique model names.

And a Bronco Sport and Escape are more similar in general size and appearance than these two "F-series" trucks:
Ford Maverick Ford dominance is amazing 2021-ford-f-650-regular-scelzi-dump-body-1

Ford Maverick Ford dominance is amazing F60A2C07-6A3D-41F9-A0FB-776BE26C9326

Red Ryder

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Iconic Silver
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I think it represents the intent appropriately.

F-series equates to "Ford Full Size Pickup" which from a marketing perspective is the same family (F150/F250/F350).
Escape, Maverick, and Bronco Sport are all different marketing categories (Crossover, Compact Truck, Offroad SUV).

The chart is more of a commerce/marketing reference than a technical reference, so any shared chassis components/platform similarities are not relevant for intent.

CASD57

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz
Engine
Undecided
Yep, that map was put together by a non-vehicle person.... Should be for trucks Ford-GM-Ram-Toyota-Nissan-Honda
And of course, this is a lot easier than by series...Can you imagine trying to do GM...with it's 15 series lol

medgar

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
With the Rav4 representation in the rankings combined with North America thirst for trucks Toyota has a real opportunity in front of them with a Rav4 pickup. Come on Toyota!!!
Sponsored