Sponsored

For the lucky ones scheduled today, do your VIN works with the Fordpass?

HerrJavier

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
June gang here, I’m one of the lucky ones scheduled today.

Trying the VIN issued today with the fordpass and ford.com but not working….

Does it takes a while the VIN to be in the system? Should I worry? Damn

Ford Maverick For the lucky ones scheduled today, do your VIN works with the Fordpass? F874A6FA-5379-47E1-83D3-F62F5A79673A
Sponsored

OP
OP
HerrJavier

HerrJavier

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It took mine a day or two to be able to add it to my account. Also a week before the tracking link started to autofill my order number and VIN.
Thanks! 👍

Lyle

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dakota
My truck has supposedly been shipped estimated arrival January 4-10. Can I activate FordPass before I take possession?

jalbano2

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux, EB , 4k , FX4 , Moonroof
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My truck has supposedly been shipped estimated arrival January 4-10. Can I activate FordPass before I take possession?
You can put it in your ford pass account but can't activate it until you have the car.

Sponsored

LowLeadAV

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Niro
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You can put it in your ford pass account but can't activate it until you have the car.
Somebody on here activated it and whoever was driving the truck in mexico activated it on that side. I am going to try if I ever get a vin. That way you can track your truck as it rides the train.

tomahawk72

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have mine in Ford Pass as "activation pending" I am hoping one of the workers hits activate :)

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Somebody on here activated it and whoever was driving the truck in mexico activated it on that side. I am going to try if I ever get a vin. That way you can track your truck as it rides the train.
I have mine in Ford Pass as "activation pending" I am hoping one of the workers hits activate :)
I tried doing this and then could not get it to activate when I took delivery of my truck. It kept saying "Activation Pending." Dealer had to call someone to clear the pending activation. It took overnight after that for the servers to clear the pending activation and allow me to activate. Not sure if mine is an isolated issue. But I have had no problems since.

Dealer said they only had this happen one time before. Also on a special order. Customer probably did the same thing I did. But I did not tell them I tried activating it in Mexico and several times along the way. Just our little secret.🤫

LowLeadAV

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Niro
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I tried doing this and then could not get it to activate when I took delivery of my truck. It kept saying "Activation Pending." Dealer had to call someone to clear the pending activation. It took overnight after that for the servers to clear the pending activation and allow me to activate. Not sure if mine is an isolated issue. But I have had no problems since.

Dealer said they only had this happen one time before. Also on a special order. Customer probably did the same thing I did. But I did not tell them I tried activating it in Mexico and several times along the way. Just our little secret.🤫
I think the possible reward out weighs the inconvenience of it not working for a day when I actually get it. I think when I get it finally I will be too busy to notice I have to wait a day for the app to kick in.

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think the possible reward out weighs the inconvenience of it not working for a day when I actually get it. I think when I get it finally I will be too busy to notice I have to wait a day for the app to kick in.
Yeah, the inconvenience was minor. It was more an anxiety thinking I might have borked it. Once it all worked out, no big deal. And YMMV.

Sponsored

Rxbike

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 XL Hybrid
I activated on site at the dealership when I took delivery and tested the remote start and lock/unlock feature before leaving the parking lot

tomahawk72

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yeah, the inconvenience was minor. It was more an anxiety thinking I might have borked it. Once it all worked out, no big deal. And YMMV.
Well it wont let me cancel trying to activate it so I guess I'll just do it on the dealer's lot :)
Sponsored