Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Actually the Mavericks have 3 built in fog lights in the headlight assembly:

Four trim levels are available for the 2022 Ford Maverick: the XL, XLT, Lariat, and Lariat First Edition. ... The Maverick has unique headlights, including the normal headlight lamp, a daytime running light lamp, and three fog lamps in the same unit
The owners manual says nothing about this. If your statement was accurate, Ford would have noted it in the manual. Plus, there would be a switch to activate.
Sponsored

testa422

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Legacy
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Actually the Mavericks have 3 built in fog lights in the headlight assembly:

Four trim levels are available for the 2022 Ford Maverick: the XL, XLT, Lariat, and Lariat First Edition. ... The Maverick has unique headlights, including the normal headlight lamp, a daytime running light lamp, and three fog lamps in the same unit
What are you even talking about. Lmao. NO

ralatalo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Yaris hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Right. For many, fog lights are an aesthetic ornament. For those in foggy coastal or mountainous areas, they can be essential.
Those who actually use them for fog situations and understand them will often opt for yellow to enhance the contrast (same effect as amber pilot's or shooter's glasses).

The trend towards 5000K+ blue/white may look good but that temperature is not optimal for visibility in peasoup fog.
Not to mention snow... not the snow on the ground but the snow still falling and blowing.

I still recall one storm I just turned off my headlights cause I could see better without them shining back in my eyes.

rognus

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid, Subaru Impreza
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Willis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F-150
The owners manual says nothing about this. If your statement was accurate, Ford would have noted it in the manual. Plus, there would be a switch to activate.
I copy and pasted

this is directly from a ford dealership website

https://www.gatesfordlincoln.com/2022-ford-maverick-richmond-ky

Sponsored

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sponsored

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

That site also has incomplete/incorrect information, doesn’t note the correct 42 mpg city for hybrid, doesn’t note the maximum towing capacity of 4000lbs with optional tow package, don’t note the combined hybrid hp specs, etc. So meh, dealership info has been terrible for this vehicle, I wouldn’t trust most of the things a dealership says. Gotta do a lot of digging yourself.

Seems they might have made the description page with early info and then never made corrections when Ford clarified things.

Last edited:

Aherpa

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge, Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Will Ford offer a fog light kit for those who want to upgrade? Seems like a weird thing to leave out on a truck.
No idea if Ford will offer them, but aftermarket lights seem unavoidable. I'll be looking for ditch lights because I live in Iowa where we have deer warning signs like the one below.
I had a buck actually attack my old F150. After he bolted out of the ditch he ran along side of the truck while I was braking hard and rammed his rack into the front quarter. Afterward he ran off to find another stunned driver.

Ford Maverick Fog light kit for Maverick? 1640492418649

ffoc01

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav Hyb FE, 2014 Flex
I copy and pasted

this is directly from a ford dealership website

https://www.gatesfordlincoln.com/2022-ford-maverick-richmond-ky
This is why dealership internet sales departments get a bad reputation. Poor product knowledge. The three lights referred to are the low and high beam reflectors in the bottom half of the Maverick lenses. The four outer reflectors are for the low beam and the two inners are for the high beams. Lariat trims get an additional LED parking light above the turn signals, but that's it.
Sponsored