Fog light kit for Maverick?

Equipenquin

First Name
Benji
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Will Ford offer a fog light kit for those who want to upgrade? Seems like a weird thing to leave out on a truck.
Sponsored

Sponsored

OP
OP
Equipenquin

Equipenquin

First Name
Benji
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Is there the correct spacing and height you have to go by to make the legal on the road? I was looking at rigids sae dot street legal lights but not sure if they are legal in ohio

notfast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier PRO-4X Lux FFV
Engine
Undecided
Is there the correct spacing and height you have to go by to make the legal on the road? I was looking at rigids sae dot street legal lights but not sure if they are legal in ohio
You should read specific laws for your state, but since vehicles are sold nationwide with only emissions differences, the federal lighting laws are likely applicable. I'd be very surprised if the Rigid SAE/DOT fogs are not legal in Ohio.

In California, fog lights must be mounted between 12" and 30" from the ground.

I'm not too bummed at the lack of factory fog lights. My $90 generic SAE/DOT fogs blow the halogen fogs on my Frontier out of the water. I'd either mount the same ones or the Diode Dynamic version in the lower bumper opening.

That plus some ditch lights would be all the forward lighting that I think the Maverick would need. I have the same on the Frontier and can see to the horizon/tree line on moonless nights.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
Check out Diode Dynamics, they've got a selection of led foglights to choose from.
Been watching them and they don't show anything for a Maverick yet.

Sponsored

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Check out Diode Dynamics, they've got a selection of led foglights to choose from.
Diode Dynamics have announced that they are aware of the Maverick and will have solutions available.

Red Ryder

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Iconic Silver
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sorry but this is a must have in foggy regions... hopefully Ford will address this one in the near future.
Right. For many, fog lights are an aesthetic ornament. For those in foggy coastal or mountainous areas, they can be essential.
Those who actually use them for fog situations and understand them will often opt for yellow to enhance the contrast (same effect as amber pilot's or shooter's glasses).

The trend towards 5000K+ blue/white may look good but that temperature is not optimal for visibility in peasoup fog.

Last edited:

Shecster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1930 Model A Ford - 1971 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Right. For many, fog lights are an aesthetic ornament. For those in foggy coastal or mountainous areas, they can be essential.
Those who actually use them for fog situations and understand them will often opt for yellow to enhance the contrast (same effect as amber pilot's or shooter's glasses).

The trend towards 5000K+ blue/white may look good but that temperature is not optimal for visibility in peasoup fog.
Absolutely correct. If you look at the older cars with ” road lamps” , they are often amber and large due to the filament size. I trust Ford and the after market companies’ will fill this void. Drive safe Red Ryder ✔
Thanks .....

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Also essential for areas with lots of deer. Because fog lights tend to shoot more light off to the side.