First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I run into this all the time it seems (coworkers, car rental desk, calling for parts checks)...because the Maverick is not plastered on every TV across the nation, nobody knows what it is. It is pretty lame that Ford can launch a new vehicle, but because they didn't do a major advertising media campaign even people working in the auto or auto-related industries don't even know it exists. Someone get this thing viral on TikTok quick!! 😆
😲🤫 No, we want them all to our selves!
Sponsored

JanTheSexyVektan

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered at the end of June and I hope to receive my truck in a couple weeks. It's just weird to have to explain the entire thing to strangers because the Maverick is completely under the radar. I have seen two in the wild so far, but almost certainly not hybrids. One for sure, the other I don't know.
I think Ford is playing this close to the vest. Strong demand now, ammunition to really kill it with a next year iteration.

MustangMech

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I saw two at a dealership, today, boy I can’t help but realize how short they are in person. Have one ordered, not sure if I will take delivery. I am quite tall though…

Sirk

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick XL Hybrid, '05 Honda Element
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I caught up with an Area 51 Mav on I-95 yesterday evening. It was the first one I've seen on the road (other than my own), here in south FL. It was a lariat model and I gotta say...the lariat lights do look great! The off-center license plate makes spotting a Mav from behind a cinch.

onetequilatwo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid Lariat Maverick and 2019 RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
3C15EA50-395A-4AF9-8F80-C552D939B971.jpeg

salesperson texted me that they had a hybrid on site…does this count? At least I have seen one now. Still have yet to drive one.
Was working on a job site in Orange Massachusetts and seen this drive by with NY plates. Haven’t seen one since.
CB386486-6487-4626-9F0D-7CC3D29324A0.jpeg
That's 5 miles from my house. US 202 by route 2 and work on finishing up replacing the route 2 bridges. Picture looks around 2 months ago.

Last edited:

Sponsored

abcinv

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Tundra DBL Cab Limited 4WD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ordered in mid-August and still haven't seen one in person yet.

Weather permitting I may hit a few Ford lots this weekend (south of ATL only, not interested in getting in that mess)..

DragonSpirit76

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger 2016 (Sold to get Maverick)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I still haven't really seen any other Ford Mavericks in my area. Other then My Parents and Mine. Probably because I work in the early morning, and drive to work when it is still dark outside. I probably don't even see that I driving by another Maverick.

2517X

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I saw my first one driving down the street yesterday under it's own power, Eco Boost, FX4, HP Red Lariat. Looked nice. All the others I've seen up until now have been in parking lots. No hybrid seen yet, only EB.

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MachE, MachE, Explorer, C10
Engine
Undecided
Driving home on I4 at night last week I thought I saw a Maverick so sped up and as I came to pace him I realized it was a Santa Cruz, had the lettering in the tailgate. Bummer. Wife was "ehh, looks like a car."

Funny thing is a few miles further down the road we had a Star White MachE pull up next to us and start honking. First time that has happened. He was really happy to see us.

DeanR

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback Tundra F250
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've seen exactly two, mine and one at a dealer.

Sponsored

Maui

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Kia Soul Convertble
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I saw two at a dealership, today, boy I can’t help but realize how short they are in person. Have one ordered, not sure if I will take delivery. I am quite tall though…
Did you ask for a key and test sit it? I first sat in an XL with a manual seat, which was fine. (I am 6'1"and a little over 1/8th of a ton) After my after market cruise control nervous breakdown, I went to the XLT. Again at the dealer...GIMME A FREAKIN' KEY!!! (you have to be aggressive) Power seat just as awesome. Fine unless your John Coffey, like the drink, only spelled different.

bradFORD

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Only seen four EB's XL & XLT at local dealers over two months ago. I just saw the first EB XLT on the road two weeks ago here. I still haven't seen a Lariat at a dealer or in the wild. I haven't seen a hybrid yet.

xSWMIx

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MAVERICK.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Saw my first two last Wednesday coming back from family holiday gathering. Black one in Jackson MI and then a few hours later a white one in Paw Paw MI. Been almost exactly 6 months since I ordered. No build date, no delivery date.....nothing. Wah.

rclee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick Lux,A51,Hybrid,Rear Slider.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Everyone we see is one closer to our builds!!!

Gray Beard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a truck
Just saw my first one tonight zooming past at about 90 or so. Couldn’t tell if it was Iconic Silver or Area 51 but it looked fantastic.
Sponsored