moonshadow

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi Q5, 2022 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
After ordering on 12 June 2021, we took delivery of a Hybrid Lariat Lux on 20 Dec 2021 and both of us give it two thumbs up for a total of 4 thumbs πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘.
We're glad we bought and have no second thoughts so ................................

GOOD:
Gas mileage - 41.8mpg over 600 miles, 70% freeway
Power - had some concerns going in but it's more than adequate, including at freeway speeds.
Ride - Not too harsh, drives and handles nice.
Doors unlock instantaneously upon touching outside door handle (my other vehicle with this feature has a very slight but noticeably annoying delay)

ANNOYANCES:
Whining noise when accelerating from stop at around 20 - 25 mph. Only lasts a second or two but sounds like a distant siren approaching, makes one want to look around for the approaching emergency vehicle. Not audible with radio on or during normal conversation.
Door pockets are extremely shallow.
Rear window has a large portion of the glass 'blacked' out around its perimeter and the sliding window.
Noise - Cabin is quiet except for some minor wind(?) noise at higher speeds, need to investigate but maybe the seal around the door?

ISSUES
Sync 3/Android Auto - Mostly used with a phone running Android 10 where it would occasionally act sluggish, sometimes becoming unresponsive. Unplugging then plugging back in immediately restored functionality. Occasionally used with a phone running Android 12 and had no issues with that but haven't used the Android 12 phone nearly as much. Both phones have the same version of Android Auto installed.

WISHES
Door handle 'touch to unlock' should work on all doors, not just with front.
Side mirrors could be larger.
The horn beeps when using the key fob to lock. Using the back up 'chirp' sound instead of the horn would be more subtle.
Power folding mirrors which fold upon locking. Nice to glance at the vehicle and know it's locked.
Sponsored

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
After ordering on 12 June 2021, we took delivery of a Hybrid Lariat Lux on 20 Dec 2021 and both of us give it two thumbs up for a total of 4 thumbs πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘.
We're glad we bought and have no second thoughts so ................................

GOOD:
Power - had some concerns going in but it's more than adequate, including at freeway speeds.
Doors unlock instantaneously upon touching outside door handle (my other vehicle with this feature has a very slight but noticeably annoying delay)

ANNOYANCES:
Whining noise when accelerating from stop at around 20 - 25 mph. Only lasts a second or two but sounds like a distant siren approaching, makes one want to look around for the approaching emergency vehicle. Not audible with radio on or during normal conversation.
Rear window has a large portion of the glass 'blacked' out around its perimeter and the sliding window.
Noise - Cabin is quiet except for some minor wind(?) noise at higher speeds, need to investigate but maybe the seal around the door?

ISSUES
Sync 3/Android Auto - Mostly used with a phone running Android 10 where it would occasionally act sluggish, sometimes becoming unresponsive. Unplugging then plugging back in immediately restored functionality. Occasionally used with a phone running Android 12 and had no issues with that but haven't used the Android 12 phone nearly as much. Both phones have the same version of Android Auto installed.

WISHES
The horn beeps when using the key fob to lock. Using the back up 'chirp' sound instead of the horn would be more subtle.
Power folding mirrors which fold upon locking. Nice to glance at the vehicle and know it's locked.
Thanks for your review. I didn't order the Lariat, but interested all the same. Folding mirrors? This is the first I've heard of that. Congrats on your new truck.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
ANNOYANCES:
Probably the pedestrian alert noise that's required for electric vehicles.

OP
OP

moonshadow

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for your review. I didn't order the Lariat, but interested all the same. Folding mirrors? This is the first I've heard of that. Congrats on your new truck.
Just to clarify, the Maverick has no power folding mirrors but would be on a wish list.

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just to clarify, the Maverick has no power folding mirrors but would be on a wish list.
Ohhh. My bad. Thanks for the correction. My reading comprehension sometimes goes south.

Sponsored

Aherpa

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge, Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

GOOD:

ANNOYANCES:

ISSUES

WISHES
I like the folding mirror suggestion. I fold my mirrors in on my F150 every time I park it to keep people from bashing into them, just wish it did it on it's own.

Aza

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I have this on my current suv and I love it.. I will miss not having that feature.

Vongreg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Camry, chevy 2500 HD, Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The whine or siren noise you hear is just the nature of the hybrid beast. You will get used to it or at least I did in the wife’s hybrid Camry

Kentucky

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
ISSUES
You mention unplugging and plugging back in to get Sync3 to work properly. I will admit that I have an iPhone, so not sure about Android peculiarities. But doesn’t the Lariat Lux package have Bluetooth connection?

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

GOOD:

ANNOYANCES:

ISSUES

WISHES
I believe you can turn the beep off in the vehicle settings menu on the LCD.

Sponsored

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

GOOD:

ANNOYANCES:

ISSUES

WISHES
Excellent review!

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You mention unplugging and plugging back in to get Sync3 to work properly. I will admit that I have an iPhone, so not sure about Android peculiarities. But doesn’t the Lariat Lux package have Bluetooth connection?
Yes, for basic phone and text functions. Not for Navigation or music. Iβ€˜m not positive about the music, but I’ll stick with that answer. 😊

Proflig8tor

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gulfstream / Grumman AA5B
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Android Auto is very sensitive to the quality of your USB cable. Apple is much less so. A better cable will probably fix your issues.

Thanks for the write up.

OP
OP

moonshadow

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It does have Bluetooth which we have used without problems for basic phone functions. But Android Auto requires a hardwired connection.
Sponsored