First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Subaru Outback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Firefly! Outdoor Gear Finn The Shark Kid's Camping Combo (One-Room Tent, Sleeping Bag, Lantern
And it comes with a shark lantern!
But for real, I'm going crazy trying to find a truck bed camping option that isn't $1k pop up. I saw the kamprite cots for about $500 that might work sideways as mentioned on this forum before, but not worth the risk if it doesn't. I guess they don't make tents for short, small framed people that like tiny trucks.
Sponsored

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Are you just talking about putting a tent in the bed with the tailgate down? Or a real topper?

KenJ45

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT 2.0L Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That shark lantern is the bee's knees.

KenJ45

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What are the dimensions you're looking for? Are you looking for a tent that fits into the bed between the wheel wells? Have you maybe considered cutting a sheet of plywood so that it's short enough to fit on top of the wheel wells but you're able to close the tailgate so you can put the tent on top of that? Should open it up to more options I think.

OP
OP

Speds

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Subaru Outback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
To both of the above, I'd prefer a tent that goes in the bed, and likely will sit on a platform that levels with the propped position of the tailgate. Unfortunately every tent is way over the 4.5' of the bed, the maybe roughly 5.5' the tailgate propped up, and even the 6' tailgate down if anything we're to fit between the wheel wells. 7' seems to be the minimum even in 1 person tents. Unless I just haven't found it yet.

Sponsored

KenJ45

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

The 1 person version should fit between the wheel wells. The only problem being that the opening is on the side, so you'll have to climb up and then go in from the side, but shouldn't be a big deal. With the tailgate down it should be just long enough to hold this tent... Just don't use the cot part of it.

Edit: It's not letting me post a link to another one that might have better reviews for some reason...

Last edited:

KenJ45

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford Maverick Finally found a tent that fits the bed 🤣 1649391023381

TCK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta Sportwagen
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Firefly! Outdoor Gear Finn The Shark Kid's Camping Combo (One-Room Tent, Sleeping Bag, Lantern
And it comes with a shark lantern!
But for real, I'm going crazy trying to find a truck bed camping option that isn't $1k pop up. I saw the kamprite cots for about $500 that might work sideways as mentioned on this forum before, but not worth the risk if it doesn't. I guess they don't make tents for short, small framed people that like tiny trucks.
I would however love to see this popped in a Mav bed, just because it has to happen.

OP
OP

Speds

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Subaru Outback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have seen both of the green tents shared above, unfortunately both are too long for the bed. Unless there's a good solution for extension that can be packed up when driving?
And I do hope for two people fitting, otherwise there are 1 person tents with doors on the short ends for easier access that I've considered.

Sponsored

willie

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lexus... ford f150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Arcadia Trail Item rail™ Outdoor Double Dog Shade Tent Item #5323102 41.25"L x 31.5"W x 30"H

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A prerequisite for experienced 6' campers is ability to stand up in a tent to put clothes on and comfortable mattress/cot. I've looked high and low and the only option I've found is a standalone tent on the ground...on ground has a lot of advantages over in-bed. I have a tent that can be erected in 10 minutes....so far it's the best solution I've found. Can't see a comfortable tent/cot fitting in a 4 1/2 foot truck bed, that includes a rain cover.

Last edited:

Susan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I waited to order my Napier tent until after I got my Maverick. But now they are out of stock and not even showing on the Napier website. Any idea if they've been discontinued? Or when they might be available again? I want to take a solo trip this fall and and thought I had a pan but this messes it up. 🤔
Sponsored