Kaytu

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Velocity Blue Maverick XL AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So after doing the cruise control modification on the standard wheel, I noticed the physical mounting interface was the same across a bunch of other Ford wheels. Thus, I give you the Ford Fiesta ST leather steering wheel in your otherwise humble (and mighty) Ford Maverick XL.

Ford Maverick Fiesta ST Steering Wheel Gives Maverick Interior a Sportier Touch 20220201_165107cro
Ford Maverick Fiesta ST Steering Wheel Gives Maverick Interior a Sportier Touch 20220202_124953 (1)
Ford Maverick Fiesta ST Steering Wheel Gives Maverick Interior a Sportier Touch 20220202_124953

Plus my thumb and a reminder I need to vacuum. :(
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That is a nice little upgrade!

Edit - looks like the Fiesta ST-Line steering wheel might be a good alternative as well (could be cheaper alternative that is functionally and visually the same - the ST-Line was an appearance package for the Fiesta without the performance upgrades).

OP
OP
Kaytu

Kaytu

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
did it have a heated steering wheel? All cruise and radio features still work?
Sadly no heated steering, and the switch it came with on the left side was a speed limiter switch, not cruise control. I just swapped them over from my previous wheel.

I have so many steering wheels now.

So many.

Sponsored

TE37Mav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nice!! I just ordered one! Lol. Comes with switches looks like just the left/cruise side switches are different did you swap both sides?

OP
OP
Kaytu

Kaytu

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nice!! I just ordered one! Lol. Comes with switches looks like just the left/cruise side switches are different did you swap both sides?
Left ones with "LIM" do not have cruise control and instead control a "speed limiter". It's like cruise control in reverse, set the speed you want to go, pedal to metal, and the vehicle won't go over that speed. So if for some reason you fall out of the vehicle at 40 MPH, your Maverick isn't zippin' along at 40 until it finds something to mingle with.

Buuuut I drive too far too often to be okay with that, so swapped in the standard cruise control module. The right module does not need swapping!

OP
OP
Kaytu

Kaytu

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I like this much better than the Escape option, since this steering wheel looks flat/straight at the bottom!

Like this:
1643833211108.png
Same, that was one of the reasons I ended out choosing this wheel - the leather feels great, and that flat bottom helps the wheel pop!

Brian_J

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 R6, HPR Maverick AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So after doing the cruise control modification on the standard wheel, I noticed the physical mounting interface was the same across a bunch of other Ford wheels. Thus, I give you the Ford Fiesta ST steering wheel in your otherwise humble (and mighty) Ford Maverick XL.

View attachment 34734
View attachment 34735

Plus my thumb and a reminder I need to vacuum. :(
I like that!

Sponsored

TE37Mav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Left ones with "LIM" do not have cruise control and instead control a "speed limiter". It's like cruise control in reverse, set the speed you want to go, pedal to metal, and the vehicle won't go over that speed. So if for some reason you fall out of the vehicle at 40 MPH, your Maverick isn't zippin' along at 40 until it finds something to mingle with.

Buuuut I drive too far too often to be okay with that, so swapped in the standard cruise control module. The right module does not need swapping!
Ahhh. Ok. I’ll need to order the right ones then cause I doubt I’ll be falling out of a moving car. 😂

Deleted member 9167

Do any Fiesta steering wheels have heat?? One thing I miss from my old car is a flat bottom wheel!

Red Ryder

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Iconic Silver
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Note to self six months go (if I could send it back):

"Hey, buy an XL, it will be a great canvas for customization. You're already going to rip out and replace the audio, you like the interior colors better. Think of the wheel options, do it! Not just wheels and tires either, I'm talking sporty leather-wrapped ST steering wheels.
You may even shave off some wait time due to low-chip usage without all the tech bullcrap".

AMCfoxbody

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Very nice and subtle touch. Where did you buy your Fiesta steering wheel?

OP
OP
Kaytu

Kaytu

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Do any Fiesta steering wheels have heat?? One thing I miss from my old car is a flat bottom wheel!
That's a good question! I wasn't able to find any when I did my search :( otherwise I would've snagged that. I'm in Florida, but opening up what we're able to do with our trucks drives me LOL
Sponsored