Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL 2.0L AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hi all!

I have a 22' XL, and recently decided that my interior was long overdue for a upgrade. After doing a little digging I found where someone had swapped a Vivid Racing wheel into a 22' XLT (u/mice2mars on reddit) along with various other brands offering aftermarket wheels. I even saw one from user Vtec87pr1 on here who swapped a Mk8 Fiesta wheel onto his XL. However I found this to be a Fiesta ST-Line wheel and not a true ST wheel.

I searched eBay (the evilBay for you VGG fans) for my options. Which were limited at best. A) OEM Escape/Bronco Sport leather wheel, which just didn't do it for me, thus the reason I kept my stock wheel when I did the ForScan cruise control mod. B) Aftermarket custom made wheel for the Mk8 Fiesta/Puma ST for about $600 which was too much money and too long of a wait. So that left me with option C). Importing a Mk8 Fiesta ST flat bottom wheel from Jastrzebie ZdrĂłj, Poland. All said and done it took 12 days to ship it to my doorstep for a grand total of $374.48. Which for the shipping distance and the product; it was a fantastic deal.

Ford Maverick 2022 Mk8 Fiesta ST flat bottom steering wheel installed in my Maverick! IMG_7914

If you plan to do this swap yourself, please note that you will need to swap the OEM harness from the OEM Maverick wheel into the Mk8 Fiesta ST wheel. The European harness is incompatible with USDM airbag and horn connector. Additionally the Euro cruise control and multifunction switch will not work on the Maverick. It must be transferred with the OEM wheel.
(Torque wheel to 35ftlbs per workshop manual)

Ford Maverick 2022 Mk8 Fiesta ST flat bottom steering wheel installed in my Maverick! IMG_7920

USDM harness (Left) vs Euro harness (right)

Ford Maverick 2022 Mk8 Fiesta ST flat bottom steering wheel installed in my Maverick! IMG_7923

USDM switch (Left) vs Euro switch (right) held in with x4 T7's

Before and After!

Ford Maverick 2022 Mk8 Fiesta ST flat bottom steering wheel installed in my Maverick! IMG_7894
Ford Maverick 2022 Mk8 Fiesta ST flat bottom steering wheel installed in my Maverick! IMG_7938

Ford Maverick 2022 Mk8 Fiesta ST flat bottom steering wheel installed in my Maverick! IMG_7939 (1)

Ford Maverick 2022 Mk8 Fiesta ST flat bottom steering wheel installed in my Maverick! Untitled-2

It truly transformed the look and feel of the interior and I highly recommend it for anyone considering the swap. I also plan to eventually put in Bronco Sport Heritage edition plaid seats when they become available used or Recaro's depending on look and price. Along with the now famous Escape digi-cluster. That will be for another time though. Thanks for the read!
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

sid1200

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This looks amazing. Do you have a video or a write up of how do this? How long did it take? Is there a link where we could order one? Thanks!

MGouin

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4, Early Bronco, Jeeps, Lots of Motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is the wheel heated?

OP
OP
Aj0400

Aj0400

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is the wheel heated?
To my knowledge no. I wouldn’t be able to take advantage of it anyway since I have an XL

OP
OP
Aj0400

Aj0400

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This looks amazing. Do you have a video or a write up of how do this? How long did it take? Is there a link where we could order one? Thanks!
I just typed Mk8 Fiesta ST steering wheel into eBay and looked until I found one I liked. I’ll do a how-to step by step soon

Sponsored

Michaelkov

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW X1, 2018 Toyota Rav4, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi all!

I have a 22' XL, and recently decided that my interior was long overdue for a upgrade. After doing a little digging I found where someone had swapped a Vivid Racing wheel into a 22' XLT

It truly transformed the look and feel of the interior and I highly recommend it for anyone considering the swap. I also plan to eventually put in Bronco Sport Heritage edition plaid seats when they become available used or Recaro's depending on look and price. Along with the now famous Escape digi-cluster. That will be for another time though. Thanks for the read!

Be sure to test the airbag with the new steering wheel configuration.

Ford Maverick 2022 Mk8 Fiesta ST flat bottom steering wheel installed in my Maverick! animalwars-comedy

MGouin

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4, Early Bronco, Jeeps, Lots of Motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
To my knowledge no. I wouldn’t be able to take advantage of it anyway since I have an XL
Thanks. I have reached out to a colleague in Germany to chase for me.

NedF

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Was a '23 now a '24 Lariat Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had a flat bottom steering wheel added to my '91 Stang but I did not have much of a chance to use it. Shortly after the modification I found the car did not meet my needs anymore!

Ford Maverick 2022 Mk8 Fiesta ST flat bottom steering wheel installed in my Maverick! IMG_0108-2.JPG

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Would love the information on who in Poland you got the wheel from

OP
OP