mesajoejoe

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just got this steering wheel it's supposed to be off a 2020 Explorer Police Cruiser. Have a look see and tell me what you think. Left side buttons marked 1, 2, 3 & 4 I don't recognize from any pictures. Will it work on my 2022 Maverick XK. I'm not gonna install it until I get a laptop on the 14th. If anyone here can give me some advice I would appreciate it. Thanks everyone for such a great forum.
IMG_20220404_181730640_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220404_181736727_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220404_181742338_HDR.jpg
My guess is the switches will work, you'll just have to figure out which entry to select is all.

Spyder-Al

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm not the sharpest tack in the box when it comes to Forscan, sure would hate to brick my system playing hit or miss. I'll give it a try with the codes that have been posted on these threads. All in all I may have a steering wheel with cc buttons for sale before long if I can't get the results I need.

Telemachus

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB (sold), XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm not the sharpest tack in the box when it comes to Forscan, sure would hate to brick my system playing hit or miss. I'll give it a try with the codes that have been posted on these threads. All in all I may have a steering wheel with cc buttons for sale before long if I can't get the results I need.
You got this. It's spelled out for you, just follow the steps!

(Backup everything first)

Rickus

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Hugh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 Chevy LUV Truck, Can Am Spyder RT & F3S
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It's amazes me how so many people are "modifying" their Maverick's. Just double checked with our Ford dealer about changing the steering wheel buttons out for the cruise control and using Forscan to tell the computer I have it. They said the warranty will be void if I did so and proceeded to bring up the Ford website to back them up. Isn't anyone concerned about falling into this trap where Ford just might tell you they aren't covering any repairs?

Sponsored

ShadowBlack XL440

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Ford, not enought room to list..........
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's amazes me how so many people are "modifying" their Maverick's. Just double checked with our Ford dealer about changing the steering wheel buttons out for the cruise control and using Forscan to tell the computer I have it. They said the warranty will be void if I did so and proceeded to bring up the Ford website to back them up. Isn't anyone concerned about falling into this trap where Ford just might tell you they aren't covering any repairs?
Can you advise what I can and can not change without voiding the warranty? Can I change light bulbs, tires, brakes, radio, add mud flaps, lift kit, paint color? I believe Ford would have to prove the change or modification of my personal possession was the direct cause of an issue before they can deny warranty coverage.

Cad

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ford Expedition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not what my dealer, service dept and parts dept let me know. The salesperson asked if i knew about adding cruise diy and said I could order thru the parts dept. they acknowledged it was the same as adding a aftermarket stereo or alarm system, but to each there own.

ShadowBlack XL440

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not what my dealer, service dept and parts dept let me know. The salesperson asked if i knew about adding cruise diy and said I could order thru the parts dept. they acknowledged it was the same as adding a aftermarket stereo or alarm system, but to each there own.
People need to research Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, a law that governs consumer product warranties.

Telemachus

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB (sold), XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Why would an automaker EVER encourage DIY?

Oh... wait:

Crap... there went my truck warranty!

Yeah I think I'm good to install two buttons.

(Mind you... the videos literally show a guy securing wires with electrical tape lol)

Last edited:

Bushpilot

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Installing 2022 Ford Maverick parts on my 2022 Ford Maverick? Nah, not in the least bit worried about "voiding my warranty."

No way I would be putting those tailgate letters on, that some people are doing. Far too risky...

Sponsored

Spyder-Al

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
People need to research Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, a law that governs consumer product warranties.
According to that if you put a sticker on the window you have voided the warranty. If I make a change to my vehicle that doesn't directly affect the "problem" I am requesting warranty repair for it should be taken care of, in fact I have already voided my warranty because I changed out the stock rims for custom rims. It's all in the eye of the beholder.

Reactions: Cad

Snax

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

ShadowBlack XL440

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Lots of legelese to wade through.

Here's a reasonable source for a shorter version: What Voids Your Vehicle's Warranty? | Edmunds

Spoiler: Installing cruise control isn't going to void your warranty.
I agree, and I would hope it would not come to retaining a lawyer to make that determination. It appears Ford wants owners to make the Maverick your own and to best fit your needs. Kind of a "lego" truck. I do agree the warranty would not cover negligence or misuse but should be ok with adding or upgrading options. Time will tell based on my intentions. Cruise control on the way.

Rickus

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Hugh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 Chevy LUV Truck, Can Am Spyder RT & F3S
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Status
Not open for further replies.