g1zstar

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL Hybrid Barebones
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just got this steering wheel it's supposed to be off a 2020 Explorer Police Cruiser. Have a look see and tell me what you think. Left side buttons marked 1, 2, 3 & 4 I don't recognize from any pictures. Will it work on my 2022 Maverick XL. I'm not gonna install it until I get a laptop on the 14th. If anyone here can give me some advice I would appreciate it. Thanks everyone for such a great forum.
IMG_20220404_181730640_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220404_181736727_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220404_181742338_HDR.jpg
Right side looks exactly the same.
Left hand side you'll have to use a different setting/code than what the various threads on here say since the most popular switches don't have the 4 button. The set button above it just goes all the way down. Also yeah, volume down, volume up, mute instead of 1 2 3

At the end of the day it should work though, just gotta try out the different settings in easy mode until you find the one for that specific switch.

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Does this void your warranty? But thats awesome

Spyder-Al

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Waiting on the laptop that I ordered a week ago, got one that was doa returned it and waiting on a replacement. Hard to find good help now days.

Bushpilot

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Last edited:

Sponsored

raulbdiaz1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 For Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Telemachus

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB (sold), XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That needs to go in OP...

Powered-by-Ford

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger 2007 Mustang GT 2015 Escape
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If worse comes to worse, can you just re-program it back out? Then take it in for the service. The dealer will never notice the extra buttons while performing the service.... Thoughts?

Snax

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If worse comes to worse, can you just re-program it back out? Then take it in for the service. The dealer will never notice the extra buttons while performing the service.... Thoughts?
Yes, you can write down the values before you change them, or make a backup that you can restore from later.

Although I really don't expect anyone at Ford to care--unless you come in to complain about cruise control not working.

Last edited:
Sponsored

Deleted member 7375

Install the new buttons and take it in because the cruise doesn't work....😜....I'm sure someone has tried it but won't admit it.....😂

Spyder-Al

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Right side looks exactly the same.
Left hand side you'll have to use a different setting/code than what the various threads on here say since the most popular switches don't have the 4 button. The set button above it just goes all the way down. Also yeah, volume down, volume up, mute instead of 1 2 3

At the end of the day it should work though, just gotta try out the different settings in easy mode until you find the one for that specific switch.

OK here's the deal, I got my laptop in and the next day I received a brand new set of buttons, SW8576 and SW8579 that I had ordered two months ago and then forgotten about. So I installed them in my original steering wheel (actually quite easy) and then did the programing as directed by Tyvemattis way back at the beginning (which was also quite easy) so I now have a working cruise control, and a extra steering wheel with buttons as described at the beginning of my most recent post. If anyone is interested I let them have it for exactly what I paid $100 on ebay and I'll pay shipping. Or if you prefer I'll just send the buttons from the steering wheel and save a little on shipping. Let me know. I take PayPal and Venmo.

Telemachus

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB (sold), XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OK here's the deal, I got my laptop in and the next day I received a brand new set of buttons, SW8576 and SW8579 that I had ordered two months ago and then forgotten about. So I installed them in my original steering wheel (actually quite easy) and then did the programing as directed by Tyvemattis way back at the beginning (which was also quite easy) so I now have a working cruise control, and a extra steering wheel with buttons as described at the beginning of my most recent post. If anyone is interested I let them have it for exactly what I paid $100 on ebay and I'll pay shipping. Or if you prefer I'll just send the buttons from the steering wheel and save a little on shipping. Let me know. I take PayPal and Venmo.
Did you try them out?

Snax

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The codes have evolved a bit since that old post. Here’s the latest: https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...n-enabled-cruise-control-xl-models-only.8959/

Spyder-Al

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yep I tried everything and it all works with no new fault codes after reset.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.