Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU; 2019 MX-5; 2023 & 2024 Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
does it cover the headlights?
Lights are extra...but not that much. $15-$50 depending n where you are and mileage you choose. Well worth it to add. My 10 yrs, 48,000 mile plan is $920 and the lighting option is $15 more from Granger.

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU; 2019 MX-5; 2023 & 2024 Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Why zero deductible? That only makes sense if you anticipate having 7 or more claims. $50 deductible has the greatest chance of landing in the right spot financially (2-6 claims). And instead of "configure it with the most miles", configure it with the most miles you plan to drive in that time frame. Ex: we wanted the best and longest coverage for our truck, but we only drive 10k miles a year, max. So it would make no sense for us to go for 125k, 150k, or 175k mile coverage, because we will hit 10 years well before we hit the mileage.
When I checked, $50 deductible was exactly $50 more than $100 deductible. Use it once and you've paid for that reduction. It was a lot more to take it down to $0.

ripperAZ

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang MachE 2021 Genesis G90 2032 Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Why zero deductible? That only makes sense if you anticipate having 7 or more claims. $50 deductible has the greatest chance of landing in the right spot financially (2-6 claims). And instead of "configure it with the most miles", configure it with the most miles you plan to drive in that time frame. Ex: we wanted the best and longest coverage for our truck, but we only drive 10k miles a year, max. So it would make no sense for us to go for 125k, 150k, or 175k mile coverage, because we will hit 10 years well before we hit the mileage.
It matters on a private resale I keep my vehicles less than three years extended plan. The zero deductible is a huge benefit. When I resell on my own I know because Iā€™ve been doing it for 30 years your mileage may vary and your needs are probably different. You probably donā€™t sell six or seven vehicles every three years like I do. My buyers pay more for my vehicles because it has that ironclad complete coverage. I hope your method works for you as well.

Sponsored

kenlusaka

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Cherokee V6 4WD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Absolutely buy a Ford branded extended warranty but donā€™t buy it from your dealer obviously buy it online at about 40% off and configure it with the most miles the least 0 deductible and all the coverages you can because itā€™s great at resale and youā€™ll never have an issue ever dealing with your dealer no questions about whether itā€™s covered or not. Itā€™s just done. every time I resell my vehicles never as a trade-in I always get top dollar cost for $100 transfer fee. They have a warranty that covers everything well past 125,000 miles really itā€™s the best deal on buying a car especially since you can get it about 40% off online. Jes sayin
Thank you for your advice! So, where's the best online place to purchase a Ford branded extended warranty? I would like to shop for one.

With my current Jeep, I bought a Mopar extended warranty. The interesting thing was that they offered a full refund if I didn't use it during the covered period/mileage. I ended up not needing it so I was refunded the full amount last year. I thought it was a good deal and the peace of mind at the end cost me $0. Is there a similar plan with Ford?

The problem now is that I ordered my Maverick around the time my extended warranty expired in 2021 and I received my refund over a year ago - but I'm still driving the Jeep, waiting for the Maverick to arrive... šŸ˜“

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thank you for your advice! So, where's the best online place to purchase a Ford branded extended warranty? I would like to shop for one.
Since you're in Florida that limits your options since only dealers specifically licensed to sell ESPs in Florida can. Lombard Ford is licensed, but I've also seen mentions that even then it's required that the ESP be sold at Ford's retail rates.

ripperAZ

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang MachE 2021 Genesis G90 2032 Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

With my current Jeep, I bought a Mopar extended warranty. The interesting thing was that they offered a full refund if I didn't use it during the covered period/mileage. I ended up not needing it so I was refunded the full amount last year. I thought it was a good deal and the peace of mind at the end cost me $0. Is there a similar plan with Ford?

The problem now is that I ordered my Maverick around the time my extended warranty expired in 2021 and I received my refund over a year ago - but I'm still driving the Jeep, waiting for the Maverick to arrive... šŸ˜“
I've had the best luck with this site, and as you can see for less than $2000 you can get fantastic coverage that is valuable on resale and a real piece of mind. I don't think Ford will ever give you all your money back but they do get back a prorated amount if you want to cancel at any time during the term, I think it's worth it to keep it for the resale
Ford Maverick Extended Warranty or not? IMG_3315

https://www.lombardfordwarrantys.com/pricing/index.cfm?fuseaction=displayQuotes&sendPromoEmail=1

brucerob62

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gmc terrain
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
i brought in proof of an ext warranty i got quoted online from a third party $1500 for 10 yr/120k warranty, they matched it in the finance office. I bought nothing else even though they wanted me to buy all the extra junk.

kenlusaka

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Cherokee V6 4WD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've had the best luck with this site, and as you can see for less than $2000 you can get fantastic coverage that is valuable on resale and a real piece of mind. I don't think Ford will ever give you all your money back but they do get back a prorated amount if you want to cancel at any time during the term, I think it's worth it to keep it for the resale
IMG_3315.png

https://www.lombardfordwarrantys.com/pricing/index.cfm?fuseaction=displayQuotes&sendPromoEmail=1
I'll try that - thank you!

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I didn't with my Escape and wouldn't have on the Maverick. But the Explorer is literally a computer with wheels and so I felt it was worth it. I did not bother with the maintenance plan and the my personal auto already included GAP coverage.

Weigh your options and see what makes the most sense.
Sponsored