First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid XLT Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
In one of his recent videos, Tim Bartz the fordvideoguy, alluded to EV states getting Hybrid Mavericks before other states w/o EV mandates in place.

Given that I am in CA, an EV state, but that I placed my order almost on the last possible day, I wonder if my order will be bumped up. I do know that my order is a Priority 10, so we shall see. :unsure:
Sponsored

Hoagus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 Ranger, ‘22 Mav XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This raises some questions about how how scheduling is done. Do they even care where these things are going? I know once they’re built and in the transport lot, are sorted onto rail cars headed in the same general location. The west coast seems easiest, maybe first through Phoenix, then across to LA, then up to Seattl. There’s another possible route crossing the Mexican border directly into California. One post here showed a train getting to Sacramento in only five days. Rambling, I know, but I’ve got time for that.

FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm not sure what "EV state" means. Anyone have a link that would clarify that for me?

OP
OP
spexmaverick

spexmaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid XLT Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm not sure what "EV state" means. Anyone have a link that would clarify that for me?
Listen to what he says around the 1:31:00 mark:

Sponsored

Doug Wildman

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tesla Model 3, 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
California and some other states have zero-emission requirements that manufacturer's must have for sale a certain percentage of vehicle sales as zero-emission vehicles (EV, plug-in hybrid, fuel cell, etc). So manufacturers tend to prioritize deliveries to those states to ensure that they meet those minimums. Outside of those states it can be hard or nearly impossible to purchase those vehicles new. Rav4/Prius Prime, Kia Soul EV, etc. It's also why you see some EVs that have otherwise unimpressive range numbers/pricing that exist solely to be compliance cars. For instance the Mazda MX-30 which is only sold in California and whose production run of 560 units very exactly lines up with the minimum number of EVs they need to sell.

OP
OP
spexmaverick

spexmaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid XLT Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Dunno what an "EV STATE" is. 🤷‍♂️

Tim is saying that they seen Lightning orders jump ahead or the focus was on certain states. I know that here in CA we have a mandate to become EV by a certain date. I also know that as far back as 2005 that CA governmental agencies were required to use alternate fuel vehicles. This could mean natural gas, hydrogen fuel cell, all-electric and hybrids, etc.

I used to drive one of the first Escape Hybrids in 2005 at work. I'm a building inspector and we typically use trucks for jobsite access. In 2005 there were not many, if any, hybrid pickups. Its almost a certainty that many of the Mavericks will be going to govt. agencies like building departments.

OP
OP
spexmaverick

spexmaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid XLT Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
California and some other states have zero-emission requirements that manufacturer's must have for sale a certain percentage of vehicle sales as zero-emission vehicles (EV, plug-in hybrid, fuel cell, etc). So manufacturers tend to prioritize deliveries to those states to ensure that they meet those minimums. Outside of those states it can be hard or nearly impossible to purchase those vehicles new. Rav4/Prius Prime, Kia Soul EV, etc. It's also why you see some EVs that have otherwise unimpressive range numbers/pricing that exist solely to be compliance cars. For instance the Mazda MX-30 which is only sold in California and whose production run of 560 units very exactly lines up with the minimum number of EVs they need to sell.
Yup, what he said ^ (y)

bombast

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Listen to what he says around the 1:31:00 mark:

He said more Lightnings are getting scheduled in EV rebate states than not. Considering the allocation system seems to operate on volume, and EV rebates mean more people are incentivized to order, color me not surprised and not at all convinced it applies at all to the Maverick.

Sponsored

Vols44

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
States that have taken initiatives to install numerous charging stations like California could (and I emphasize the word could) be a reason why Ford directs more hybrids to some regions over others. According to the U.S. Department of Energy, California has 42% of the nation's EV registered vehicles with 425,300. Florida, Texas and Washington all have around 60,000.

In round numbers, roughly 2300 of 3000 Ford Dealerships are EV certified. Long McArthur is definitely one of them.

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
His EV State comment was very specific to the Lightning. He just then speculated maybe it also has an impact on Hybrid. But his observation was based on Lightnings.

An EV State is a state with an electric vehicle mandate or state tax incentive.

OP
OP
spexmaverick

spexmaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid XLT Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Also this video around the 9:00 mark

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Also this video around the 9:00 mark

Good highlight. He's talking about region versus region scheduling. And how they may focus on allocations in certain regions over others. And EV regions may get a Hybrid focus and end up with a different Hybrid/EB scheduling ratio than overall nationally.

Another interesting dynamic in the Ford allocation special sauce.

Ford Maverick EV States Getting Hybrids Sooner? 83b6fb8a-0248-4597-b6dd-d6ecf27e2459_text

OP
OP
spexmaverick

spexmaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid XLT Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Good highlight. He's talking about region versus region scheduling. And how they may focus on allocations in certain regions over others. And EV regions may get a Hybrid focus and end up with a different Hybrid/EB scheduling ratio than overall nationally.

Another interesting dynamic in the Ford allocation special sauce.

83b6fb8a-0248-4597-b6dd-d6ecf27e2459_text.gif
Yep, and since I am in CA but way down on the order date (Nov), lets see if I get bumped up. 🤷‍♂️
Sponsored