Sponsored

EPA MPG for Hybrid Maverick —when will it come out?

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mine is 9 27 and doesn't say in production yet....
Sponsored

Platinum2

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford already unofficially claimed base Hybrids to be 40/37/33. How different does everyone really expect the official EPA rating to be? If the gas 2.0 is any indication they will be the same.

There really isn't much to discuss here, IMHO.

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford already unofficially claimed base Hybrids to be 40/37/33. How different does everyone really expect the official EPA rating to be? If the gas 2.0 is any indication they will be the same.

I agree. Plus I've had vehicles that got better than EPA estimates and some that got worse, so to me it's just a general reference.

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I think the point is not what it will be, but why they it isn't official yet. It seems to be holding up the built hybrid orders. E.g. window sticker:

Ford Maverick EPA MPG for Hybrid Maverick —when will it come out? 1632256790902

Sponsored

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

I agree! If they really weren't sure back when they published those very specific numbers, they could have said simply that they 'anticipate' having an EPA rating of 40mpg Highway. Giving all 3 values to me says they performed adequate testing to arrive at a set of likely numbers that they were confident enough would be the EPA estimates. We have read that there were slow ramp ups in the Hybrid motor production, perhaps they need to test a certain # of sample engines or something along those lines before the numbers can be considered official?

Wire4money

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Wrangler
Engine
Undecided
I agree! If they really weren't sure back when they published those very specific numbers, they could have said simply that they 'anticipate' having an EPA rating of 40mpg Highway. Giving all 3 values to me says they performed adequate testing to arrive at a set of likely numbers that they were confident enough would be the EPA estimates. We have read that there were slow ramp ups in the Hybrid motor production, perhaps they need to test a certain # of sample engines or something along those lines before the numbers can be considered official?
I believe they did say it was estimated. Ford never gave a firm number.

CASD57

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz
Engine
Undecided
The Gates are opening up on Oct 5th...and then you're going to see and hear nothing but the Maverick...
But I feel sure that the EPA on the HYbrid is going to happen within the week...and at the very least by Oct 5th

OP
OP

petercox27

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-3
The Gates are opening up on Oct 5th...and then you're going to see and hear nothing but the Maverick...
But I feel sure that the EPA on the HYbrid is going to happen within the week...and at the very least by Oct 5th
I agree but just based off my window sticker it doesn’t seem they will ship any hybrids from hermosillo until those numbers are released

mav_can

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3, 2018 Mustang EB Premium
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I know that the EPA rarely tests vehicles themselves unless a vehicle achieves “abnormally” high fuel economy for its class. Which I think the Maverick may definitely qualify here, so that could be a reason for the delay.

Sponsored

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I know that the EPA rarely tests vehicles themselves unless a vehicle achieves “abnormally” high fuel economy for its class. Which I think the Maverick may definitely qualify here, so that could be a reason for the delay.
This is the most reasonable explanation I've heard on this. I hadn't considered that before; it makes as wholelotta sense.

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Last edited:

dceggert

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion, 2019 Ranger, 2024 Maverick ordered
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For those of you that keep saying you do not understand why a company would put an embargo on news of a new product just look at the flurry of news coming out on the new Toyota Tundra. On one day we all of the sudden have videos, magazine articles, detailed rundowns of specs on each trim level, towing test results, etc. It is obvious that Toyota just lifted an embargo on reviews for the Tundra this week. The difference is that there was not a 'reservation' plan 4 months ago and potential owners were not sitting and waiting for information to come out going stir crazy. That is what a traditional launch looks like. Are Toyota customers happier with that sort of launch? Is not knowing more peaceful? LOL...

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nah, the Toyota Tundra launch is about the same as the Maverick reveal back in June. It's just photos, specs, and configuration options. And no reservation plans for Toyota since you can't really custom build one.

mav_can

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3, 2018 Mustang EB Premium
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Conspiracy theory time friends:
A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away, the EPA told Ford to expect results on October 4th/5th, Ford may have realized through further testing (like how they realized FWD+4K Tow won‘t work months after launch) that it may just hit 39 MPG city and they’re looking to bury the news.
Sponsored