Chance301

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Took delivery of my XLT hybrid lux this past weekend. At 180 miles, the electrically assisted power steering failed followed quickly by the traction control, Hill hold, & emergency braking functions. Did a quick search and haven’t found others reporting any steering issues. Truck is at dealership now and hopefully it’s something minor such as a wiring harness connection, etc.
Anyone else experienced a similar problem?
The first 180 miles were great!! Hoping this is just a bump in the road and not indicative of a problematic future!
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
Took delivery of my XLT hybrid lux this past weekend. At 180 miles, the electrically assisted power steering failed followed quickly by the traction control, Hill hold, & emergency braking functions. Did a quick search and haven’t found others reporting any steering issues. Truck is at dealership now and hopefully it’s something minor such as a wiring harness connection, etc.
The first 180 miles were great!! Hoping this is just a bump in the road and not indicative of a problematic future!
Hey there! I'd be happy to take a look at your Maverick concerns on my end. To get started, can you please send over a private message with your VIN and the name/location of your local Ford dealer?

William Donnelly

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
My dealer just called and said that they could not deliver the truck till the steering assist was fixed cuz it went when they tried to move it

OP
OP

Chance301

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My dealer just called and said that they could not deliver the truck till the steering assist was fixed cuz it went when they tried to move it
Did they get your Maverick’s steering repaired and delivered to you yet? Based on very close delivery dates, our trucks may have been manufactured around the same time. Mine is at the dealership waiting for a new steering assembly. Wondering if ours are the first of a series of steering issues

Majoretx

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had same issue today when i went to pick mine up from dealsership

Sponsored

Majoretx

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hey there! I'd be happy to take a look at your Maverick concerns on my end. To get started, can you please send over a private message with your VIN and the name/location of your local Ford dealer?
I had same issue today at toliver ford in mineola when i went to pick up the truck on purchase day.
Did they get your Maverick’s steering repaired and delivered to you yet? Based on very close delivery dates, our trucks may have been manufactured around the same time. Mine is at the dealership waiting for a new steering assembly. Wondering if ours are the first of a series of steering issues
same i was supposed to take deliery today and i hae the exact same issue power steering, hill assist, and traction deal

OP
OP

Chance301

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
From what I understand, the problem is with a sensor that’s part of the steering assist. Apparently the sensor can’t be replaced and repair requires replacement of the entire steering column assembly. Dealer can’t seem to get the necessary part. Still wondering if several of our trucks were built with a batch oh bad steering components.

Z_ealot

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan 370Z, Honda Civic, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
From what I understand, the problem is with a sensor that’s part of the steering assist. Apparently the sensor can’t be replaced and repair requires replacement of the entire steering column assembly. Dealer can’t seem to get the necessary part. Still wondering if several of our trucks were built with a batch oh bad steering components.
What was your build date? Just curious just in case I have to watch out for it on my maverick when it gets here

Sponsored

IwannaMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 XL Ecoboost Fwd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is this a hybrid only problem or is it affecting Ecoboosts as well?.

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is this a hybrid only problem or is it affecting Ecoboosts as well?.
good question. with the hybrid the engine is off at times and could not drive a power steering pump. not the case with the 2.0l if it has a belt driven pump

Majoretx

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ugh yes it starting to sound like it. I will let you know what they say today if it’s the same issue

Flight Test

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvettes
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

This kind of shit should not be happening at all.:mad: