First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is absolute robbery and insulting to anybody looking at it. I’m all for capitalism but you also need to have morals and standards as a company
LINK
Ford Maverick Don’t buy from Brondes Toledo BAF9D94A-A2D2-4A31-8545-CF359BF3B787
Sponsored

Fx4hOok

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 2.0 FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ok

BILLNOROVILLE

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
prius, Hybrid XLT, Honda 1100Rebel, 2) Hawk 650NT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If some idiot buys it I guess the dealer made their point. Supply and demand and crazy rich people.

Jlaw86

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Holy shit! I almost ordered through them! Blood suckers!

06Warrior

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Person
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' HD Road Glide, 22’ Sporster S
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Over 20k markup. You could buy 2 hybrid XL Mavericks lol

Sponsored

abcinv

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Tundra DBL Cab Limited 4WD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Uh, and it's USED...
(EDIT - or should I say it is a One Owner)

JanTheSexyVektan

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Maybe they'll negotiate. :unsure:

Speed2000

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TSX Sportwagon
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Over 20k markup. You could buy 2 hybrid XL Mavericks lol
Where? Its supply and demand. Who here hasn't entertained the thought of flipping their truck if someone offers them a crazy amount? In any kind of sale, if you dont ask, you don't get.

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No one has to buy it. Have they lied to their customers on reservations?

Sponsored

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No one has to buy it. Have they lied to their customers on reservations?
Agreed.

Nobody is forcing anyone to do anything. If there is someone dumb enough who needs the car immediately and is willing to pay ludicrous prices top dollar, more power to both of them.

In an actual free market, there is no such thing as price gouging. High prices preserve supply by deterring casual purchases. (this type of thinking is being applied to gasoline prices right now)

Years ago there was a huge snowstorm and salt sold out everywhere. Some enterprising young men rented a truck, drove through the snow and ice 3 states south and loaded up with bags of salt which they sold for fifty bucks a bag.

People were so outraged at the "price gouging" that it made the local news. They interviewed the guy and all he would say was "What was stopping them from driving 3 states south to load up on salt? Who was forcing them to buy it?"

It turned out a lot of people didn't really want to drive 3 states south and just wanted to buy a bag of salt right then and there.

06Warrior

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Person
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' HD Road Glide, 22’ Sporster S
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Where? Its supply and demand. Who here hasn't entertained the thought of flipping their truck if someone offers them a crazy amount? In any kind of sale, if you dont ask, you don't get.
When order banks opened and for months you could order them for MSRP or even lower with 3% or 4% below invoice.

Some people on here are still reporting getting MSRP from dealer lots so yes you could if you looked hard enough but some people are dumb enough to pay the idiotic ADM’s.

“A fool and his money are soon departed”

john218

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL, Mercedes C300
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For this thread it might be time for a poll?

Who is craziest?
A. The Dealer
B. The Complainer
C. The buyer
D. All of the Above

Ford Maverick Don’t buy from Brondes Toledo 1638713038484

aitch-2-oh

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taurus X
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Tacking on...my wife stumbled upon a Facebook post (uh oh...) from a NW suburban Chicagoland group, with a member selling a used one-owner Lariat Lux EB with 10,000 miles on it for $44,000. There were only 2 comments, both were similar "I can buy 2 XL's for that price".

Thought I could provide a link, couldn't, but this should suffice. Just another indication of a hot market for a hot truck.

rlhdweman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 Caddy Fleetwood,73 Caddy Sedan,75 Eldorado Conv
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Agreed.

Nobody is forcing anyone to do anything. If there is someone dumb enough who needs the car immediately and is willing to pay ludicrous prices top dollar, more power to both of them.

In an actual free market, there is no such thing as price gouging. High prices preserve supply by deterring casual purchases. (this type of thinking is being applied to gasoline prices right now)

Years ago there was a huge snowstorm and salt sold out everywhere. Some enterprising young men rented a truck, drove through the snow and ice 3 states south and loaded up with bags of salt which they sold for fifty bucks a bag.

People were so outraged at the "price gouging" that it made the local news. They interviewed the guy and all he would say was "What was stopping them from driving 3 states south to load up on salt? Who was forcing them to buy it?"

It turned out a lot of people didn't really want to drive 3 states south and just wanted to buy a bag of salt right then and there.
A few years ago at our hardware store we had just got in about a 2 year supply of ice melt before a big storm & everyone else was out, I sold all of it AT REGULAR PRICE because I have some morals & like to be an honest businessman, & ended up with hundreds of happy customers, who remember I didn't intercourse them!
Sponsored