First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’d like to give credit where credit is due…I just can’t find the post I got the idea from. So here’s another take on a rear seat platform specifically for the pooches. We normally take the crosstrek on longer trips, only sometimes we need to tow something or need bed capacity, hence a platform to utilize the leg room space for the doggos. This is just to give you idea, and should be tailored to how far up or back each front seat needs to be positioned. The hardest part is trying to figure out the contour of the rear seat. Materials include a 2x4, plywood or particle board, some bolts, carpet and staples. Here’s how it turned out.
Ford Maverick Dog Platform IMG_1589
Ford Maverick Dog Platform IMG_1590
Ford Maverick Dog Platform IMG_1595
Ford Maverick Dog Platform IMG_1597
Ford Maverick Dog Platform IMG_1598
Sponsored

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fiesta
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Love this idea!

jahaas13

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid - Cyber Orange
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That turned great. Our dogs would love something like that for sure. Are you at all concerned that the vent is covered?

OP
OP

Lofton

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That turned great. Our dogs would love something like that for sure. Are you at all concerned that the vent is covered?
TBH, I never thought about the floor vent. This will probably be used a couple times a year at most. Plenty of gaps to allow airflow up from the floorboards.

GreenLady

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeannette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-250 Diesel, 1968 Cadillac Eldorado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’d like to give credit where credit is due…I just can’t find the post I got the idea from. So here’s another take on a rear seat platform specifically for the pooches. We normally take the crosstrek on longer trips, only sometimes we need to tow something or need bed capacity, hence a platform to utilize the leg room space for the doggos. This is just to give you idea, and should be tailored to how far up or back each front seat needs to be positioned. The hardest part is trying to figure out the contour of the rear seat. Materials include a 2x4, plywood or particle board, some bolts, carpet and staples. Here’s how it turned out.
IMG_1589.jpeg
IMG_1590.jpeg
IMG_1595.jpeg
IMG_1597.jpeg
IMG_1598.jpeg
Very impressive! I kept scrolling because I wanted to see the pooches😢 Do they like their new lookout?

Sponsored

BLachance75

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I use a hammock and door covers for the back seat. I leave it in there all the time. If for some crazy reason someone other than my dogs needs to use tha back seat I can easily pull the hammock out and store it under the seat

Ford Maverick Dog Platform IMG_2794

Ford Maverick Dog Platform IMG_2790

Guardian

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Smartcar,Alfa Romeo Spyder,Pontiac GTO,Taurus SHO
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

That is fantastic!! Great job! I don't even own a dog,but I want this!!

Larrythelunatic

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Toyota Pickup. 22 IS hybrid Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Those are some spoiled pooches!
(If they’re brought up right, then they deserve it!)

WJOHNM

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Equinox, redline. XLT,AWD,4KTOW,FX4 ,CO PILOT360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

IMG_1589.jpeg
IMG_1590.jpeg
IMG_1595.jpeg
IMG_1597.jpeg
IMG_1598.jpeg
I don't understand why this is needed my service dog goes everywhere I go and is very happy just sitting on the seat she has to have the window open, she would be too high up with the board in their. But that said it looks well made.

Ford Maverick Dog Platform IMG_20230821_125047872

Last edited:
Sponsored

Pop2020

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I use a hammock and door covers for the back seat. I leave it in there all the time. If for some crazy reason someone other than my dogs needs to use tha back seat I can easily pull the hammock out and store it under the seat
Hey, BLachance75, where did you get the door covers? I've got a hammock for the back seat but have been wanting to get something for the doors given the known issue of the plastic being easily scratched.

OP
OP

Lofton

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't understand why this is needed my service dog goes everywhere I go and is very happy just sitting on the seat she has to have the window open, she would be too high up with the board in their. But that said it looks well made.

IMG_20230821_125047872.jpg
They're 2 rather large dogs being 80 lbs and 100 lbs. Maybe I spoil them too much but just wanted them to have more room to lay down and curl up. Also, I thought about the height but it rests on the seat so added height shouldn't be an issue. Also, its 180 lb human approved. I crawled back there myself and it gives more room to sprawl out.

viperman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

IMG_2794.jpeg

IMG_2790.jpeg
Where did you get the door protector and does it fit the Maverick door good?

BLachance75

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hey, BLachance75, where did you get the door covers? I've got a hammock for the back seat but have been wanting to get something for the doors given the known issue of the plastic being easily scratched.
Those are the Weathertech door protectors. I got the 22x18 and they fit the door perfectly.

Weathertech door protectors